Register now to get rid of these ads!

That First Drive Stupid Grin

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Binga, May 5, 2007.

1. I've been thrashing on my pickup pretty hard over the last couple of months and today I just said stuff it I gotta drive this thing.
    I had hardly got it started when my wife came running out the door and said you're not going anywhere with out me, she actually hung up the phone on one of her friends.

Short video

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

A couple of pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

New interior

[​IMG]

Still lots of little things to do but nothing beats that first drive.

Still can't wipe that stupid grin off my face :D

Binga
    </EMBED"></EMBED></EMBED"></EMBED>

2. wvenfield

wvenfield

Really nice. I started to ask if the pictures had been flipped when I noticed where you were posting from.

Looks pretty well done to me.

3. Wallace32

Wallace32
    from Manheim

Horray for Flattie's

4. Thanks guys

Binga

5. chaddilac

chaddilac

hang on to that chick!! and the pu, very cool!

can I get a ride??

6. Been hanging on to that chick for 28 years and I'll pick you up at the airport in it when you fly in :D

Binga

7. Looks very sharp!!! Congratulations---Brian

8. Good on you mate! Looks very nice.

9. Big Tony

Big Tony

Holy crap... That thing rocks. The orange pops out from the very nicely painted black body and the white with orange beadon the interior is killer BUT that flathead is awesome. This has got to be one of my all-time favorite trucks now.

AND the grin on your face is priceless.... flatty sounds killer

10. Stovebolt

Stovebolt

Geez mate, sounds like you got a bitchin life - neat hot rod and a neat Mrs.

mine would kick my ass if I ran my car wth no rego.

Great looking r/pu. See you both around.

11. swifty

swifty

Hey Mark, that's fantastic! It looks great and sounds great and it's getting closer every minute. Plus the missus likes it and so do all the guys on here.

That first drive is always the best, even tho something usually falls off or comes loose or such- but it's such a thrill you couldn't give a damn

Anyway I gotta go back out the shed- missus is onto me, says get off the computer and get back in the shed!You've got a car to build.

Congrats on your drive

swifty.

12. Aman

Aman
    from Texas

Another prize from downunder. Wow, nice, very nice!:D

13. publicenemy1925

publicenemy1925
    from OKC, OK

I'm stupid grinning just looking at it. Nice job.

14. Thanks for all the comments, this car has been a long time coming and that first drive has made it all worth while.
    I bought the first parts for it over 17 years ago.......Damn I'm getting old...haha.

Binga

15. Quite a ride looks and sounds like fun, by the way your a lucky man with a wife like that mine wouldn't hang up.

16. WildWilly68

WildWilly68

Wow I would have never thought about orange, but it looks great. Sounds good too...what does your exhaust consist of?

Bill

17. congrats...

did the same a few months ago, still can't wipe the smile off my face....sure your the same.

18. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Binga that is the most gorgeous RPU I have ever seen, now I miss mine even more!!
    I love that first ride, I remember when I took my 38 for the first run around the block, I even stopped, got out and checked to see if I would fit between two parked cars. Heaps of room, just lots of 'dent' nerves.
    Man now I have RPU and first drive envy...........

Doc. (The man without a car......)

19. flathead fred

flathead fred

first off, that is beautiful, wow... I started shaking the first time I fired off my fresh motor once I had the body back on my shoebox, I did not even notice till my girlfriend pointed it out. Don't know what I will do on the first ride, very soon. btw, my girl rocks like that too, even owns her own welder

20. r8odecay

r8odecay

21. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

What a magnificent effort!! Great looking, great sounding!
    Please, please pull those stickers off those tires! The tire man should ahve pulled them when he mounted them but they are lazy these days, don't pull stickers, don't wash whitewalls, what alife!

22. HulaZombie

HulaZombie

Way Cool!!!!.....except your steering wheel is on the wrong side.....easy mistake to make when your just quickly throwing something together to take a drive.......I know you'll fix it when you have time...:D

23. twolane

twolane

interior looks great! the white and orange combo really makes it "pop". Great job !

24. Grinning for you,congrats on a great job done very well...and for the supportive wife too.:D

25. Exhaust is home made headers and home made stainless mufflers, it still needs tailpipes fitted as I had to cut them off because of clearance issues...Doh.

The tire man was me and your right I'm lazy, but I figured that they would wear of in no time driving this thing.:D

It's on the list of bugs to be worked out...hahaha........:D

Did anyone notice that the doors and back section are both 2 inches longer than stock, they were both made by a good mate of mine as well as the chassis rails.

Binga

26. Fitysix

Fitysix
    from Md.

Love the color..(black)...looks great!
    Fitysix

27. Damn Binga! You've gone and built my project X already. I knew it was a good plan! Great job and enjoy the stupid grin as long as you can!

28. I got the stupid grin,just watching that!!!Cool ride,great wife,you're stylin!!:D

29. Paul2748

Paul2748

Looks and sounds great.