Register now to get rid of these ads!

how to get a ticket in 5 easy steps...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kustombuilder, May 1, 2007.

1. dayum! super sweet car indeed

2. Saoutlaws_Gotti

Saoutlaws_Gotti

I am going to have to remember that one

3. Mr T body

Mr T body
    Alliance Vendor
    from BHC AZ

Yup, exhibition of speed. I had THAT cvc memorized for years

4. Rader Rods

Rader Rods
    from Texas

Almost as bad as getting a "uncontrolled steering" ticket for pulling the front wheel on my bike.

5. junk-junkie

junk-junkie
    from Arvada CO

Boulder CO has these little skidpads oops I mean traffic circles on a few streets. When using one as the the prior I got threatened with a ticket for "driving without intent". Somehow I managed not to laugh and drove away with heat cycled tires thinking about how one drives with or without intent.

6. Silhouettes 57

Silhouettes 57

So in a few years from now and we can't drive across town without being stopped we'll have to remember all the negative, disrespectful, and derogatory terms some of you used or want to use on cops.... Smart!

Richard D likes this.
  7. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Those pictures are so worth the ticket...

8. loudpedal

loudpedal
    from SLC Utah

I've signed 3 of those tickets and 1 exhibition of power...

I still don't know what the difference is.

9. Hellfish

Hellfish

it should be illegal for him to NOT do a burnout in that car. sheesh!

10. Well, as hindsight is always better, maybe one could have had the foresight to go across to the police station and inform them that a photo shoot would be happening and that you were going to smoke the tires just a little....for the photog....and for them not to get excited. Then they could have said OK, or they could have cited the ordinance about unsafe starting, or whatever crime they thought it would be. Perhaps the ticket might have been avoided.....but it wouldn't be as good a story.

Attached Files:

11. JoeG

JoeG

Many years ago I bought a $140 ticket for smoking the tires at a green light. He pulled me over into a KMart parking lot and with the ticket came a huge lecture BLAAH BLAH BLAH NOISE BLAH BLAH SMOKE BLAH BLAH.

Being a 19 year old smart ass, I squawked the tires just a little when I was pulling away and his lights and siren immediately went on again. At that point I figured I'm already receiving another ticket so I smoked huge circles around him in the parking lot to the point where he didn't dare get out of the car.

When the smoke cleared, he yanked me from the car and started screaming. I probably could have gotten away with just the second ticket had I not poked his belly and asked when the baby was due.

I did a lot of stupid shit when I was young.

12. Upchuck

Upchuck
    from Canada BC

Lets here some more about the car! nice rig

13. Tdreamer

Tdreamer

hard work...it's amazingly rewarding to work hard at a young age, im 22 and if it wern't for the wife, kid and mortgage i too would have a bitchen car instead im stuck with a pile of shit:D

14. Hellfish

Hellfish

HAAHAHA!!! That took some balls.

15. There is some wisdom in the above statement; don't dance on the minefield.

16. Ned_Gob

Ned_Gob

Kick ass Hot Rod for sure !!!!!!!!

17. hemi

hemi

R&K always prefers burnout shots whenever possible.... very nicely done!
    And so worth the ticket. :D

18. lesabre59

lesabre59

"Joke'm if they cant take a fuck"
    Robin Williams

19. PeteFromTexas

PeteFromTexas

Hahaha I Love It!! Kick Ass Car. Great Story

20. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Now, first I am reading the first few jokes people are posting about this, and I am getting pissed...

...Because I think this cop is a jergoff and I cannot believe he can give a ticket for doing this on private property...

But then I read JoeG's comments and my blood pressure goes back down and I start laughing profusely out loud.

Now I am going to go back and take another look at that cool car, then maybe go have a beer and relax...

21. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

He built it himself. It's taken him years but I believe it was the begining of last summer when he got it on the road for the first time. Did some tweeking, including interior this past winter and showed it at the Detroit Autorama this past March. The kid is very talented. Works in design for GM I believe. He actually made that whole riser setup.

He's a great kid, really down to earth. I sure hope he doesn't see an adverse $$ issue with regards to insurance premiums in the future because of this "incident".

Tried to get him to bring the car to the HAMB Drags last year. I'm going to work on him somemore this summer. Sure would like to see what it would do in the 1/4 mile.

22. pan-dragger

pan-dragger

that cop was a dick. if i were him, i might of given you a ticket for not enough smoke..

dig your car man, very cool..

23. lik2writ

lik2writ
    from NY

Sorry you got a ticket, kinda sucks but if the property is accessible to the public and adjacent to a roadway, the motor vehicle laws apply, as in unsafe start, and a host of others.
    The people conducting the photo shoot should and probably do know better. If they had a permit, with that particular shot listed and approved, you wouldn't have a ticket. I think I would have them pay it.

24. hemi

hemi

The people conducting the photoshoot didn't push the gas pedal...

25. lik2writ

lik2writ
    from NY

true, but in my experience it's worth a shot, just trying to save him some coin.
    http://imdb.com/name/nm1090908/

26. squigy

squigy
    from SO.FLO.

i got nailed once doing a smokey u-turn looking for my buds,the cop didnt play fair he was in an undercover car..he told me if he see me again on the "Island" he would take me and the car to jail..
    so i left:)
    Thank God i dont drink and drive!!!

27. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

there are a couple of you old foggies with no sense of humor at all. :rolleyes:. sure we all knew better. we did it anyways. do you honestly think you lecturing us is gonna do any good???

Aaron did build the car himself and has a good job. that is how a 22 year old has such a cool car. plus i'm sure it helps that his dad is a hot rodder and that he gradualy progressed up to this car building several "lesser" (for lack of a better term) cars and selling them untill he worked his way up to this one. i'm sure the next one will be even better yet.

you all will have to wait for the magazine story to hear anymore details ;). and trust me. Mongo got some great shots that day so don't miss the story and pics in an upcoming issue or RnK.

Mike

28. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

you sound like the kind of person that would sue your own mother. :rolleyes:

he is an adult and nobody did anything more than mention the idea before he was on board with it. Mongo did ask him if he wanted to do the burn outs in a different location. he declined and if he had'nt we would'nt have this ammusing story and pics. :D

29. STIFF

STIFF
    from Rat Town

That car rules.

The shoes are tragic.

30. Low

Low

Have the magazine publisher pay the ticket and deduct it as a business expense :D