Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ozzie is in Mansfield, CT

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ozzie, Apr 24, 2007.

1. Ozzie

Ozzie

Hi folks, Ozzie from Miami here. My current job has brought me to Wallingford , CT 06492 and I'll be here for the next 8 days, then I'll move a little south, maybe another 60 miles south and continue all the way till DC. Newark , Manhattan, Philly, are just some of the cities I'll be in. I'm sure there are tons of Hambers in the area. I get one day off every 5 days, I'll post where I am on the day off incase I can meet up with some of you.

Ozzie

2. CHOPSHOP

CHOPSHOP
    from Malden,MA

Dude find a way to blow off some time and come up to Woburn MA and check out the shop. Its about an hour or two but it would be cool to have you stop by.

3. UnIOnViLLEHauNT

UnIOnViLLEHauNT

When are you going to be in Newark? NJ I presume, not Deleware? Thats like 5 miles from me.

4. revkev6

revkev6
    from ma

monday may 7th will be the first cruise night at marks in granby ct. (if the field is dry enough) it's in northern CT.

5. Ozzie

Ozzie

Lenny, my first day off might be on a weekend, maybe even a Sunday, does anyone hang out at the shop on the weekends?
    On May 7th, we'll probably be down in the newark area or even further south. Were changing hotels tomorrow to Manchester, CT

6. Ozzie

Ozzie

Unionville, I will definitely be meeting up with you when i'm in the newark area.

7. Ozzie,
    What's up with the shoebox?

8. 23 bucket-t

23 bucket-t

" Rock on Ozzie " [​IMG]

9. tootallrodder

tootallrodder
    Member Emeritus

If you are off on May 6th. The largest swap meet in Connecticut is in Bristol Ct at Lake Compounds Amusement Park Parking lot.

6ish Am until 4:00PM

Several Local Hamb members always are in attendance.

10. sawbuck

sawbuck
    from 06492 ct

ozzie,welcome to conn.look up 'stitcher1' he has a sewing shop in mansfield. good hamber and some cool cars.

11. Sticher1

Sticher1
    from Ct

hey sawbuck ya half of it right it's Manchester not mansfield nice try

12. CHOPSHOP

CHOPSHOP
    from Malden,MA

LOL IM usually there 7 days a week my friend. If yu wanna come up just PM me or call the shop the day before to see if Im around . If there is a good show that weekend- I can let you know too....

13. Ozzie

Ozzie

Ok, Looks like I'm in town at the right time, I'm now in Manchester in the residence inn. How far is that from your shop Sticher? I get back from work tomorrow at about 8pm, but I never really know, sometimes it's a bit earlier. I'd love to swing by STichers place to check it out and also drive up to Chop Shop Customs. My day off is Friday, I'm gonna rent a car and get a GPS borrowed from the production co. to get to Woburn to Chop Shop.
    PM me an address to google and get directions and a distance to see if I can do it on Friday morning.

14. Sticher1

Sticher1
    from Ct

Hey OZ I'M right up by the Buckland Hill's Mall it's 53 Slater St 860 649 3197 get in around 8

15. Ozzie

Ozzie

Shoebox doing well, Since I bought it I've:
    Replaced the...
    front and back shocks
    front and back U-joints
    rear brakes and cylinders
    new e- brake cables
    new rebuilt radiator
    lowered the front springs
    new steel rims and old style tires front and back
    new front drivers side glass
    new front side vent glas right and left
    new window rubber front and back and front sides
    new inner and outer passenger side tie rods
    new idler arm and bushings
    lubed everything with a nipple!
    new rear tranny seal
    new front diff seal
    ron francis wiring harness is currently on hold till I get back but has been started
    Red's headers and complete exhaust system all the way back
    Got a key and lock for the driver side and should have the passenger side made the same as the drivers when I find a Locksmith who has the old pins to do it.
    Fixed the broken latch in the trunk
    installed auxilary pusher fan infront of the rad.
    When I get back it's balls to the wall with the ron francis system, new digital Dakota guages, new hagan french light system welded in, and switch over the front grill from the parts car I have, aswell as install the rear bumper on it.

16. Any current pic's? Post some when you get back. Where did you get the idler bushings?

17. Ozzie

Ozzie

Hi Folks, Stitcher you have a great Trim shop and a very cool Model A, Lenny, you have an A1 shop up there in Woburn, great metal work on those cars. It was a pleasure to meet you guys while I'm here, I hope to meet a bunch more Hamb members as I continue down the road towards DC. I'll be in Manchester until Monday and then I change hotels again about 40 miles south of where I am now, I think somewhere like stanford, CT? Not really sure.

Ozzie

18. murdercycles

murdercycles

Ozzie,
    We roll hard.
    www.murdercycles.com
    860-916-1693
    Carter Chev show and Berlin show Sunday,
    gotta get Pop's 38 Chev pu running tomorrow.
    Ray
    [​IMG]

19. CHOPSHOP

CHOPSHOP
    from Malden,MA

Ozzie- thanks again for taking the time to come up to the shop yesterday. I was really surprised that you liked it enough to stay half the day(But REALLY glad you did- I like company !)
    You and Tom are good people- mayeb you'll get back up here again before you leave.I had a blast- thanks for making my week.

Ray (murdercycles) so funny- after Ozzie left last night it occured to me we shoulda told him to go down and see you guys...LOL

Stitcher- send me soem info on your shop-either by PM or go onto the website and send an email- I wanna hear more about it- always looking for new places to do my stuff.

20. Ozzie

Ozzie

Lenny it was great to hang out at the shop also and see your work, thanks for taking the time. Murdercycles, Are you in the Manchester Area? I will be back at the hotel tomorrow at about 7pm if you want to grab something to eat or show me the shop, I'd love to go... Just don't have a car.
    On Wednesday I'll move hotels and cities again, this time to Wallingford, CT and will be there for like 8 days. Working my way down south bit by bit.

21. Too bad you didn't stop by O'Brien Truckers World Headquarters - you passed within a mile of us as the cow flys.

While you're in Wallingford you can stop by the T-bucket capital of the world - Total Performance is right on Rt 5.

Later,

Dennis

22. murdercycles

murdercycles

I will be around. Give me a call. I can give you the Mudville tour. Stitcher is right around the corner. Maybe we can even see Juliano's secret laboratory.
    Ray
    860-916-1693

23. Ozzie

Ozzie

Ray, sorry we couldn't get together while I was in manchester, I worked 14+ hour days since the last time I wrote here, I'm in Wallingford, CT now for the next 8 days. I'll be hitting the Total Performance place tomorrow morning and probably picking up a few things and sending them home for the Model T. After the 10th, I'll be in Stamford for like 5 days..then onward to the south.

24. Kustoms Illustrated

Kustoms Illustrated
    from West

Son of a bitch! I'm a day late and dollar short on seeing this thread!
    Ozzie, I was one town over from you when you were in Mansfield! (Ashford)
    BTW, what the hell were you doing in Mansfield??? Nothin' but cows out here!

Luke

25. Ozzie

Ozzie

Hey there Luke, I'm shooting a new show for ABC and it's a walking show, I've actually been walking from Mass and will continue shooting the folks who are walking until they reach DC. 550 miles and it should take a couple of months. I know reading that just brought out more questions than answers, so without breaking my contract I'll try to clear it up.
    1. Yep, real persons are WALKING/HIKING all those miles themselves, Me...I have to follow them and many times lead them by walking backwards infront of them during the entire trip.
    2. Some paved roads thru small towns, etc.. but mostly backroads, greenways and trails.
    3. it will air in August on ABC primetime 8 or 9 pm
    4. yes I'm loosing weight slowly but surely, no matter how much I eat I'm still hiking and walking and sometimes sprinting an average of 10 miles per day with a 30 pound camera on my shoulder.
    5. I get to visit an rea of the country for an extended period of time and meet great hamb members while I'm at it. And the fact that right now I'm in Wallingford and will be spending some cash at Total performance tomorrow has me super phsyched!!/

OK. Update, I went to Total Performance and purchased a shortened 32 grill shell and the SS grill insert along with some other things. All being shipped to Miami, Then called Speedway and bought a few things for the flathead on the shoebox, The powermaster XS Starter, Dress up Stainless upper hoses. New Fuel Pump, Pertronix for the dizzy a new Fuel Pump to match up with the new oil pump I have for it. And I'll be ordering the 390 cfm carb from Summit in a bit tonight.
    I was told that we're now moving Hotels again tomorrow, So My timing was perfect for being here and getting to Total performance. The folks there were great!.. I'll be in North Haven until the 10th, and my next day off is next Wednesday the 9th, so if there are any hambers in the area let me know, I'll rent a car. The next hotel after the 11th will be Stamford, CT.

Ozzie

26. Ozzie

Ozzie

Now in Stamford for the next few days. Anyone in Stamford? I'll be here till Wed night, then on Sat night I'll be in the city and on Sunday move to a hotel further south but still close in PA.
    Ozzie 305-216-8395

27. Ozzie

Ozzie

I'm off work here in Stamford about 7:30pm Tomorrow Wednesday if anyone wants to get together here in Stamford. I don't have a car but can cab it if it's not too far.

Ozzie

28. Flat Ernie

Flat Ernie
    Tech Editor

I'm now in S.Fla! Where are you now?! ;) ;) Haha!

Let me know if you get into town for a day or two before Memorial Day weekend...

Might do the engine thing this weekend - we'll see what progress I make this week!

29. Flatdog

Flatdog
    Member Emeritus

When you get to Jersey ,I see you are a flathead guy ,so am I. 1/2 hour from Newark.

30. Ozzie

Ozzie

Hello folks, Now I'm in Exton, PA Today (Sunday) is my day off. Travelled 300 miles on foot so far. Anyone have any car related stuff happening? Any Memorial Shows happening in town?
    I drove up to meet Flatdog in New Jersey the other day with my soundmixer Tomm and it was a blast, his Cars are fantastic, and his Flatheads are SUPER sweet!. Wish I had my car up here to hang out and build a super flathead like his. Thanks for the Waterpump and pulley DJ. PS, I took a picture wearing the ChopShop shirt and the flatdog hat today and will post it tomorrow.

Anyone out here in Exton?