Register now to get rid of these ads!

anybody ever go to year one braselton bash?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tylerb, Apr 24, 2007.

1. tylerb

tylerb

hey guys i was gonna see if anybody from gerogia ever goes to the year one braselton bash that happens once a month...im always there so if you ever go let me know i was there on the 21st with my white 65 galaxie. if your from georgia and live around the hall county area check it out its a ton of fun will all diffrent kinds of cars welcome

2. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

I actually work at Year One, and am always here for the shows. Probably shot a pic of your Galaxie this weekend!

I also do the NE Georgia Swap Meet at Lanier on the first Sunday of each month. A bunch of HAMBers always show up for that.

Did you happen to get a look at the Phil Bonner Thunderbolt?! If it wasn't the real deal, then someone went to a helluva lot of trouble to make it look like a used race car. They're so rare though, I have a hard time believing someone brought it and just put it in the parking lot next to all the other cars.

-Brad

3. tylerb

tylerb

yah i saw it the thing actually was phil's car he took 2 other thunderbolts he had and built that one. it has lots of the parts his original one did. you might have seen me and my car it was the white 65 with the 406 3X2 setup right by where the car were entering. my buddy Scott works at year one and so does my friend Patch you might know them.... when will the pics be put up on the internet?

4. been there a few times....in my 54 belair

5. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

I wouldn't go around bragging about knowing Patch!

I did see your car--I love a 406 Trip.

Pix should be up this week.

-Brad

6. Thumper

Thumper

I just go up on a regular day and quietly buy shit and fade back into the horizon.

7. tylerb

tylerb

haha yah patch can be a jerk sometimes haha but he is a pretty good guy yah the car needs some work but hey im working on an 18yr old kids budget but it was nice going to the show and seeing people like it most were like wow i havent seen that in a 65 before haha

8. Pickup Guy

Pickup Guy
    BANNED
    from USA

Brad,.. I never knew you worked at Year One...
    My girlfriend introduced me to Steve J (who also works at Year One)
    Does body work if I'm not mistaken.... small world huh

9. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

Pickup--Steve is a real good guy. Does great work.

Tyler--Patch is a good guy too. I just give him shit whenever I can!
    Actually, most of the people that work here are pretty good--and most are car guys...and girls. That's rare in a company with 150 employees.
    One of these days I'm going to do a survey at work and find out how many enthusiast vehicles we have among us. I KNOW it'd be over 300. Not counting parts cars and donors.
    -Brad

10. tylerb

tylerb

patch and scott are building a pretty cool flathead truck i dont remember too many deatils about it. they are huge ford guys. i just wish year one had stuff for more fords (like mine!) haha or at least fairlanes or something i just get sick of mustangs, chevelles, camaros, and novas. i mean they are cool cars but they just bore me. did you see that trucks brakes during the burn out haha