Register now to get rid of these ads!

Any NW Ohio, NE Indiana S Michigan shows I should know about?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by J Man, Apr 22, 2007.

1. J Man

J Man
    from Angola, IN

Being that I just moved to the NW OH area I am not familiar with he shows in the area. Whats out there that I should know about. Also weekly cruises if any.

Jason

2. Choptop

Choptop

Billetproof
    June 2, Davidsburg MI

for details go to http://www.billetproof.com

3. hippie6

hippie6

Billetproof!!! It's a blast!

If your looking for "big" car shows with LOTS of trailer queens they have a show in August at MIS speedway.

I tend to like the smaller car shows with regular people. I may have access to a list in the tri-state area. pm me for more info.

4. Mike53

Mike53

The Screamin Deamons show,"Makin Junk Run" is June 9th at the Wood Chucks Bar and Grill,(in Toledo)last year was the first and hopefully it'll grow,they have D.J. Del from Detroit area and 6 bands later in the day.They have a myspace site with more info,try google.Fridays have been the nite for informal cruises at Parkway Plaza in Maumee.Havet been for awhile,used to be pretty big.There is a show at the Lucas Co. Fairgrounds in June usually,Northwest Ohio Street Machiners,pretty good bunch,worth supporting.Usually an apperance at any of the above will get you flyers for up coming events.Also some shows in Lima,a K.O.A. and the Rebel Run.

5. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

There's one in an area outside of Toledo called Mayberry that has a monthly cruise, don't know the dates. I've seen Screamin' Demons there before. Holyroller is the guy I met from them.

There is something similar in Ypsi at Frog Island. Hoboy56 may be able to point you in that direction.

Billetproof rocks and you could try the little show in the basement at Autorama!

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=6967930

6. enjenjo

enjenjo
    from swanton oh

Wauseon has a cruise night every tuesday may though sept. 800 cars or so on a big night.http://www.wauseoncruisenight.com/

The Mayberry cruise is once a month in Sylvania.

Chicken festival car show in Delta in July

Corn festival car show in Swanton in aug.

There is a car show at Auglase village

A big car show in Kilida in august.

Jeep employees car show in june at the north toledo plant

Powertrain car show first part of sept.

Muddy river run in Ft Wayne

look here for more http://www.cruisintimes.org/

7. luckydevil

luckydevil

8. J Man

J Man
    from Angola, IN

Thanks guys, that wil give me a start. Enjenjo, the Powertrain one in Sept, is that Toledo or Defiance? I know they have one down here but have not heard anything about it yet.

9. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

Toledo is the Powertrain show. It is pretty big.

There is also Clinton Fall Festival in September that I forgot about.

Might have to make a run to Wauseon again soon. We used to go down there when I was a kid but that's been 25 years ago.

10. floored

floored

Wauseon burned down a couple of week's ago, well at least one block of the down town. I don't know if it is going to impact the shows, but it might be a good idea to check before you go.

I grew up there so I try to get back every couple of years to see how much thing's have not changed.

11. FalconEddie1964

FalconEddie1964

Depending on how far south you want to roam, the Ducktail and James Dean Runs are pretty cool. They're not that far from Ft Wayne late in September.

12. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

You can always cruise the Big Lots parking lot in Piqua! Then eat at Duffs or whatever the buffet is called. You'll have enough gas to get home...

13. sarginger

sarginger

It would be a drive, but the Road Rockets show in Indy is always a good time. It is located at a hotel, so book a room and fill a cooler.

www.indyroadrockets.com

I heard a rumor that the Choppers in Cleveland are going to put on a hotel style show this year as well.

Rock and Race (few posts above) is definitely cool as well.

What about the Hunnert Car Pileup?
    http://www.hunnertcarpileup.com/

14. Mike53

Mike53

The show in Ypsi is pretty cool,in Depot town.Enjenjo,havent seen you in a while,I've got a friend with a project that I'm sure you can help with,are you still buildin?Danimal,I've seen your posts on here,we may have to hook up sometime.I'll be at Billetproof and the Demons run this year,shoot me a line.

15. enjenjo

enjenjo
    from swanton oh

Yup, still building. I have a couple in the shop now, a 36 Plymouth, and a 38 Plymouth truck

16. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

The show in the park in Depot Town is the first Sunday of May and if it's a nice day will get in excess of 500 cars. GREAT little town to walk around in, shop and eat. Sidetrack for a burger CAN NOT be beat!

17. punkabilly1306

punkabilly1306
    from ohio

your in ohio my friend...there isn't anything here, especially where you and I are at LOL

18. punkabilly1306

punkabilly1306
    from ohio

oh and bryan has one every thursday night, usually on the square

19. J Man

J Man
    from Angola, IN

I am so far out my road isn't even paved. Actually they are going to do it this summer.

20. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

If they pave it, the cops might come out to see why you have 2 black stripes going out your driveway in EITHER direction...

21. punkabilly1306

punkabilly1306
    from ohio

cops spppfff....we don't need no stinkin cops, all they do is make ya move shit aint' that right dan LOL

22. stillkruzn

stillkruzn
    from Conway, AR

If you don't mind the drive, there is a benefit car show, open to all makes/models, on June 2 in Marion... I am taking mine and making it from AR...

23. sewman

sewman
    from Toledo,Oh

I went to a good little one just s of det last year Moedl A swap meet alot of good stuff.I can't remember know where it was?Does anybody know of this one?
    TIA,Bob

24. jusjunk

jusjunk
    BANNED
    from Michigan

Dundee maybe? thats comming up this weekend.
    Dave

25. sailorwoody

sailorwoody

2ND ANNUAL "MAKIN JUNK RUN" PRESENTED BY THE SCREAMIN DEMONS CAR CLUB JUNE 9TH AT WOOD CHUCKS BAR AND GRILL IN DOWN TOWN TOLEDO. AWARDS,50/50,DOOR PRIZES,PINSTRIPER,VENDORS! 10AM TILL 6PM AWARDS AT 5PM, BANDS START INSIDE AT 630PM.
    OPEN TO ALL PRE 1964 AMERICAN MADE HOTRODS AND KUSTOMS, NO BILLET MACHINES OR TRAILER QUEENS ALLOWED! $10 TO REGISTER CAR INCLUDES BAR PASS,$5 BAR PASS FOR THOSE WITH OUT A CAR IN THE SHOW. FREE TO COME IN THE LOT AND LOOK AROUND.
    THIS YEARS BANDS INCLUDE......
    KENTUCKY CHROME
    DEATH BY RODEO
    SLAK-JAWED YOKELS
    WHISKEY DAREDEVILS
    NIGHT BRINGER

messege me if you have any questions
    Sailor Woody
    SDCC

26. J Man

J Man
    from Angola, IN

I am going to try and make this one, still need to check my schedule.

27. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

Sailorwoody, were you at the one at Secor and Sterns last Friday night? Bedford, I guess? A couple of your Screamers were there. You got a line on when that show is? Once a month? It was pretty cool. I was picking up springs for my 54 just down the street and lucked out.

I think they said 165 registered cars and over 200 showed up!