Register now to get rid of these ads!

Brizio's latest creation.....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by A32Flathead, Apr 22, 2007.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

pretty perfect... im sure we will see it in TRJ soon...

2. Black wheels seem like too much black. Would look okay if they were steelies,not wires. Maybe apple green wires. Great looking car though.

3. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

Too many louvers in the hood, otherwise it's perfect! haha Thanks for the sneak peek Dave!

4. I'm sure!!

I'm sticking with my Red wires comment....I know, I know...

:D

5. speedaddict

speedaddict
    from Austin, Tx

I like that a lot....

6. That car has been finished for a couple of years. I remember seeing it at Goodguys Scotsdale 2 years ago.. It's beautiful. and the all black look is very cool.

7. Red wires would look good too. Maybe he's trying to capture the "original" look. Might look alot better with the caps on. I'm sure he's not done. He's really big on details. You can tell by the interior.

8. Check out Reggie Jacksons Willys Coupe too!

9. JimA

JimA
    BANNED

Not the same car- this one is just getting finished. You should see the '32 3-Window Roy has for himself- and the pieces that go to it! AMAZING!

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  10. Might not be the same car 38Chev. Brizio is like the" Dueces are us" of hotrod builders. I've seen many red '32 Roadsters come out of their shop,that you couldn't tell apart. Just look around at the next Fathers Day show. When you have plenty of Duece parts on hand,you can build many of the same quality.

11. Aman

Aman
    from Texas

Geez that place looks like an operating room, spotless. that's a shame. Is it being built by robots, aliens or something?:D :rolleyes:

12. Very True, but it says on Briz's site it's being built for Bob Evert. My dad bought a 32 tub about 15 years ago from Bob, and I saw Bob driving that car at GG. Although, that dude got so much $$ that maybe he had Briz build two!

13. Brizio's shop is clean, like Boyd's but without all the drama. He's the nicest guy too. He builds things right and high quality.

A32Flathead likes this.
  14. I would agree, too much black. If the suspension color was different, maybe it would allow the car to be broken up a bit.

Either way, its real clean.

15. Brizio's open house is May 12, if you are in the Bay Area it's worth a visit.

16. Any time your near San Francisco, drop in anyway....Talk nicely to Dave behind the counter & he'll let you wander through the shop....

Do it a couple of times a year....at least!!

:D

17. publicenemy1925

publicenemy1925
    from OKC, OK

How much do you think was spent to have that "period" car built? 200,000$? Looks dam good. Would look better with the red wires.

18. The shop rate at Brizio's is about $80 an hour...so go from there....

:rolleyes:

19. publicenemy1925

publicenemy1925
    from OKC, OK

Hmmm, lower than I thought. It's a 80.00 a hour at the dealership here. So no real price gouging there. I'm sure he adds 15 to25% to all parts he purchases. Anyway you look at it, it's a wheelbarrow of money.

20. That is a gorgeous "hot rod".Brizio's builds such quality cars,worth every $ spent.Some can afford it,all the power to them.It funds true craftsman to show us their talents.

21. chrisman

chrisman

Looks really well built, Roy and the owner must be completely satisfied, and I'd most likely be too if I owned it.

...but...

...there is not a single element on that car that surprises me, it's as if it is built from a check list. All the classic hot rods had at least one detail that separated it from the others, something that proved that the builder possessed a sense of craftmanship. This hot rod is one that never dared to be different.

22. Is that a 1932 Ford? Wow!! Like the detail on the motor though. Rest of the car? . . Fine quality workmanship. Too much black. Those wires you can't see how cool they are when they're all covered in black lacquer. This car is the epitome of a cookie cutter Platinum Visa Coddington wannabe. Blech.

23. AZAV8

AZAV8
    from Tucson, AZ

Nice car! Typical Brizio quality, top notch. Instead of red wires, why not Tacoma Cream? Different, yet still traditional. And add a cream pinstripe along the body reveal. Still traditional, and it breaks up the endless blackness.

O.K. who is re-popping the Eddie Meyer heads? With my new job, I don't get to keep up with things like I'd like. They are nice with the rounded edge. That edge is a little more pleasing to the eye. Of course if you want performance, go with Navarro heads from H&H. That is if the Herman's are building them like Barney did.

24. HHRdave

HHRdave
    BANNED
    from So Cal

Another car owned by a guy with a FAT wallet who didn't build it.......are we just going to keep showing Boyd, Brizio and Foose every month???

Damn!! There are plenty of guys out there building these cars without the Briz money involved, and they look just as nice or better.

You are still looking at a car with a lot of new catalogue bought parts...made to look old..... I don't think Briz and his crew spent 5 years walking swapmeets accross the nation looking for traditonal original Ford parts to build that car....

Yea..... it looks nice

25. Mike

Mike

Tasty machine, very Tardel-like.

26. hollenbeck32

hollenbeck32

Ok All
    I can set the record straight on the black roadster, it was built about 2 years ago, and was at LA Roadster show 2 yrs ago, and GNRS this year.
    It is owned by Bob Everts and was built to resemble or after the Original Edelbrock Roadster, also done by Brizio, I did paint and body work on both cars.

Hope that clears things up.

Later
    Darryl Hollenbeck

27. pan-dragger

pan-dragger

very nice, i love that car

28. loudpedal

loudpedal
    from SLC Utah

It is perfect.

Roy knows what's up... and that goes for the 'amount of black' as well.

29. Builtforsin

Builtforsin

Too much black? Hardly, looks amazing.