Register now to get rid of these ads!

Whats your coolest piece of speed equipment?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Louie, May 12, 2005.

1. DirtyThirty

DirtyThirty
    from nowhere...

that is neat!...A friend has a factory A.M.C. tunnel...S. stock intake. One of like, 30 or something, that were produced? That two barrel idler spot...NOW that is different!

2. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Those crazy pre-war Art Deco Thickstun 216 Chevy six dual manifolds are very desireable. We sold one at the Decatur TX swap meet a few years ago for $350. Still had its original red paint like all Thickstun goodies, of course it was partially covered with a copper color, and a white, and a yellow, and a blue too.

3. 39 Ford

39 Ford

For years I was a hoarder, had lots of rare parts that I would never use. When I retired 6 years ago I decided to get rid of things I did not need and finish putting my 39 Ford back together. I have sold most of the "things" including several cars and 2 houses, and am down to the wire on the car. I have made lots of guys very happy by being fair with them. The rariest " part "I have is my 39 Ford that I have kept thru lots of twists and turns in my life for 41 years now.
    It makes sense to sell your stashes and enjoy the cash yourself rather than having it thrown away after your death.
    Learn from me do not be a slave to your parts. :)

4. draggin'GTO

draggin'GTO

Grabbed a Holley 94 and did a little measuring. It will fit with a slim throttle arm on one side only.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. s.r.i.

s.r.i.
    from Hell

Holman/Moody scoop sitting on my 392 hemi :-D

6. My Edmunds dual intake with two strombergs
    and my Fenton Alum. head for my Plymouth flathead six!!!

Attached Files:

7. Tuck

Tuck
    Tech Editor
    from MINNESOTA
    1. Early Hemi Tech

Real Speed Products Tops!

Attached Files:

8. <TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">
    The flatty in my '46 Plymouth has a dual carb Edmunds manifold, but the really cool piece is the Sharp aluminum head.

Dave
    </TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

9. Yo Baby

Yo Baby

Now those tops are somethin' to write home about.

10. My early Halibrand V8 Culver City q/c. Also, my collection of early sprint tires and magnesium wheels.

Steve

11. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

Freiman 2x2...18" K-H "milk truck" wheels in background........

[​IMG]

Weiand 4x2 SBC.......

[​IMG]

12. usmc50lx

usmc50lx
    from St.Louis

My offy 360* 2x4 intake on the SBC in my coupe or my Nicson single four barrel scoop or my original four holed Crower scoop. then theres always the Big Daddy dixco tach the red, white, and blue one that things bitch but from around 1971 or so.

13. Kilroy

Kilroy
    from Orange, Ca

My Navarro-Potvin-Merc flatty...

Attached Files:

14. alsancle

alsancle

When I was a kid we had 2 of these intakes, one on my high school car- a 49 special deluxe and another hanging in the garage. We took the intake off the car cause the gas mileage was cut in half (and I had roughly 2 nickels in my pocket at any time for gas). My dad ended up giving both of them away. sigh...

15. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

My coolest would be the Injection, head and twin ignition. 'cause I did it. '32 Plymouth power

Attached Files:

16. 39delux

39delux

I have one of those Wiand 4 carb manifolds too. Also a 6x2 Drag Star for a Nailhead and a Smokey Ram. There are a couple of old Corvette 2x4s around too.

Attached Files:

17. bellyjello

bellyjello

I have a offy 6x2 waiting on the shelf for something.

18. Paul

Paul
    Editor

just snagged this cool guy spark maker for my belly button

Attached Files:

19. damnfingers

damnfingers

How about a Marshall-Nordec blower for my 1949 MG TC. Only 4 lbs of boost but a great sound...

Attached Files:

20. junior 1957

junior 1957

picked a smoky ram nos, still in the box, last year

21. Grunion

Grunion

22. modelttom

modelttom

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">My cragar 4 (97's) 2 set up for a 324 olds rocket
    </TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

23. vintakes

vintakes

a very early spalding flamethrower for my 368 linc as used in the "thumper" 368 injected lincoln powered 56 merc HRM cover car it's way different then the newer ones it has 8 individual spark plug wire nipples and 2 coil wire nipples as opposed to the 5 holed black side caps used on spaldings and grants also my 2x4 edmunds intake onmy linc powered coupe and a N.O.S. mc culloch blower installation kit and a DO - 57 rebuilt supercharger soon to go on + lots of NOS 60's goodies i'm starting to sell now almost forgot 5 drawers full of NOS eelco and other brands of carb linkage and a few cases of nos 60's aircleaners

24. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

This Hilborn injector.

[​IMG]

25. Yo Baby

Yo Baby

I thought for sure you were gonna say that pilot in training in the cockpit.LOL

26. the steering wheel cover i got at pep Boys

27. leadsled01

leadsled01

I am trully amazed at some of these parts!! My favorite speed part is actually a dress-up part. A NOS set of weiand aluminum marine exhaust manifolds for my nailhead.

28. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

them things are SICK... perfection man. cant wait to see those on the mill dude

29. nick3757

nick3757

I got a small collection as of now but the coolest and the rarest thing i have is an unused still-in-the-package hurst airheart electronic igniton box. If anyone knows about these let me know.

30. The 3 duece edelbrock caddy intake that i got from Tuck.......