Register now to get rid of these ads!

kinda o/t- "all you do is work on the piece of $*#!"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by pan-dragger, Apr 13, 2007.

1. pan-dragger

pan-dragger

Does your ol' lady bitch about the time you spend in the shop? "All you do is work on that piece of shit!", C'mon boys admit it we've all heard it a time or two. My girl, she never complains, instead she comes out to the shop to work. last saturday she helped me chop the lid on the T. This chick rocks!! here's a couple of pics from our day.:D

2. s.r.i.

s.r.i.
    from Hell

Mine never bitches about cars. Hell, I think she has more projects then I do now.

3. new54belair

new54belair

MY wife helped me install my motor and trans and help me sand the car down for my 20.00 rustoleum paint job,she will help me do anything i want,she will even mow the grass ,ha

4. SlowandLow63

SlowandLow63
    from Central NJ

Mine can't be beat, she comes to the shop w/ me when its not too cold for her, shes Irish. So far shes learned how to do back brakes, shes learning to weld, and I always make her mix for me when I spray. We have 57 Caddy hubcaps hanging above our '61 GE Color TV in the living room. And as a bonus, she loves the smell of gas and oil so showers are optional. Haha.

5. s.r.i.

s.r.i.
    from Hell

Ummm, I was sitting near you at a run once,,, no, they are not :D

6. pan-dragger

pan-dragger

wow, some of you have found a keeper

7. I get that line from time to time but you gotta know how to balance time with the kids, time with just her, and time for your hobby. Not easy and I often sneak out to the garage really early if I have "quiet" work.

Trying to get her involved too. I've had a car coming together in secrecy that she just found out about...I'm not in trouble in fact she's excited that for once we will have a fun vehicle designed to haul around the whole family. She's going to decide the color and interior but not so sure she'll get dirty in the shop.

8. chaddilac

chaddilac

I'm diggin the chick PD!!

But I can't help seeing that you didn't brace up the body before you cut the top off?? Did it come out straight when you finished?

9. s.r.i.

s.r.i.
    from Hell

Was chopped on the flat floor. They will usually be ok. The pic with the stands were the "after" pic.

10. randydupree

randydupree
    from archer fl

more pics of the girl friend please!
    Randy

11. I love girls who wear safety glasses.

12. pan-dragger

pan-dragger

here you go.

13. MercMan1951

MercMan1951

14. wvenfield

wvenfield

Wait for one day when she demands "HALF"!!

15. hoof

hoof

If you are in the garage she knows where to find you. Of course that can be a double edged sword!
    CHAZ

16. Paul

Paul
    Editor

mine understands it
    and supports it
    and I support her
    when we bought the place we are in now
    the first thing I did was to make her a space to do her stuff
    we have a nice big shop
    I do cars in the front and she does art in the back

you guys that put yourselves in a disfunctional relationship...

well I've been there and done that too :rolleyes:

17. john56h

john56h

My wife doesn't bother me too much about it. Matter of fact, before our wedding I told her that our "pre-nuptial agreement" would have to be a big garage for my toys, tools, etc... We still joke about it, but it's real, the garage is built.

Every now and then she'll whine a little about the time or money spent on cars....so I explain that I could spend it on drinking, gambling and chasing women. That usually at least results in her changing the subject!

18. Would the "better halves" rather bitch about us being in the garage tinkering or out on the prowl looking for someone who doesn't nag and enjoy this hobby with us?

19. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Pandragger, noticed you hadn't cut the windshield frame yet.
    How about shortening the header panel so the windshield is as tall as the door glasses which will make the car much easier to drive(more forward visibility), stylistically cleaner, and just different enough that everyone who hasn't read this will wonder just what you did that is different.

Just a thought.

20. april may

april may

When I have to go shoot a car show, I can't get my boyfriend to go with me, what the hell!

That's my .02 on the subject.

21. indyjps

indyjps

thats an easy one. take a week off of working on the car and go boozing every night, come home smelling like stripper (vanilla or cherry take your pick) and then the time spent at home in the garage wont seem to bad an alternative.
    If you really want to seal the deal ask how much you have in savings cause you lost the house payment in a card game.

22. Saoutlaws_Gotti

Saoutlaws_Gotti

lol thats a good one gonna have to remember

nah my ol ladies too kool, occasionally bust my balls about money spent and time spent but she enjoys the fun we have together in my rides

just tonight we were leaving for the friday night cruise spot and she was bitching about having to drive the shop truck/her truck (03 f-150 with screens and 22 inch rims) and me driving the model a sedan

told her with us takin both boys( ones 3 yrs old & other is 1 month old) i had better ride solo

well she wasnt bitching anymore when that huge ass thunderstorm rolled in and she was riding home dry and not getting soaked to the bone like i was in the open topped model a sedan

23. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Mine wants me to get finished with mine so I'll get it out of my system...she thinks.

24. pan-dragger

pan-dragger

thats what the plan is.

25. My wife never complains about me working in the garage.....she gave up years ago.

26. chaddilac

chaddilac

You need to get a new boyfriend... or maybe he's hangin with his boyfriends when you're gone??

27. tragic59

tragic59

Cars or bars? It's her choice, but it'll be one or the other.

28. MyBootsOnFire

MyBootsOnFire

Careful, too good to be true can be. I didn't get anything done on my car this last weekend cos i was baggin my girlfriends 57 Ranchero. In fact, the other day someone asked me why my girlfriends car was nicer than mine. I told him it was simple, she has a better paying job than i do.

29. Somewhat unrelated but mine used to bitch about me working on me old bike,then she said that she wanted 1 cause there was not way she was riding on my rigid 5" wide fender,got her her own bike and now when im broke down all I hear is when are you gonna work on you bike and get it running,you need to hurry up,are you going to the shop tonight to work on it,etc.Went from nagging about spending time on it to now encoureging me to work on it,go figure.

30. GlenC

GlenC

My wife was always cool with me working on my cars until I missed a hospital visit (She'd just had a baby) because I was working on my Model A and I forgot....

That was almost 22 years ago, and she still hasn't forgiven me!

(And I'm just about to ask her if I can start on another Model A too!)

Cheers, Glen.