Register now to get rid of these ads!

Quick Junkyard Tour VIDEO - For NE People Who Appreciate Rusty Piles

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jonnyhotrod, Apr 13, 2007.

1. Jonnyhotrod

Jonnyhotrod

Hi Guys. This indirectly goes along with my post below. I believe there's a little history and a story there:

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=159253

(For those who read it, I did give him copies of the piece. He loved them. I got his wife's reaction on video. Priceless!)

On Wednesday, I went to the yard and decided to take some video of the layout, as some of you were interested in checking it out sometime this Spring. I've attached some pictures I took as well. There are buckets and bins full of randoms items, as shown.

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIT3gVoE_QE

As stated and is evident in the video, 'Everything is full of... everything." The busses are loaded to the gills, as well as the cars. Each is a surprise, with things ranging from odd dashes and trim to very old sheetmetal buried under intakes and bell housings... Anything and everything is there if you look hard enough. Not that it's of any real interest here, but I found a set of 1920 Pierce Arrow rings in a box the other day, which will soon go on eBay; oddball shit all around.

I also scored a Ford front end, spring in front, with wishbones, a crate full of NOS 50s GM brake components and a set of '24 Dodge roadster fenders. Anyway, enjoy the walk and my ramblings. Sometime when I have more time, I may do it again and get up closer to some of the things for detail purposes, but this gives you an idea.

Jonny

Attached Files:

2. brown n down

brown n down

not totally uploaded yet?

3. Jonnyhotrod

Jonnyhotrod

Hmm... I just watched it before posting this. Sorry guys! I just tried it again and its down.... I dunno. My account says it's been viewed 12 times... It's over 9 minutes. I'll keep trying and post when it's back up.

Jonny

4. Jonnyhotrod

Jonnyhotrod

5. flathead okie

flathead okie

thanks for the effort,, but it was 10 minutes wasted for me.

6. brown n down

brown n down

people from new england may disagree with that. such as myself.

7. Jonnyhotrod

Jonnyhotrod

I'd like to see some Okie junkyards... Unfortunately we don't have rust free stuff to play with. As I mentioned in the post, it's not terribly detailed. Just the basic layout of the stuff to be unearthed.

"people from new england may disagree with that. such as myself."
    brown n down

Thanks dude. We gotta get together soon. I went today to pay for my stuff and it's not that bad.

Jonny