Register now to get rid of these ads!

ok, I'll brag. my 55 chevy xgasser

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by reichart90, Apr 10, 2007.

1. reichart90

reichart90

2. Cshabang

Cshabang

nice car...get some Bias plies on the front....thats all I would change...but its also not my ride..NIce man...

3. LowFat48

LowFat48

nice , I like it

4. reichart90

reichart90

the front wheels and tires are pretty much the only thing I didnt get around to changing this winter (aka "ran outta money" haha). I put some of Cody's hurst slicks on the back which are radials. I didnt balance them and they still run smooth as glass - more than happy with them. not sure what i'm gonna do upfront. I'm gonna think about my options this summer.

i did all the interior work myself this winter except the seat. it's all done from 1/8 luon (spelling?) and marine grade vinyl from a fabric store. came out clean, simple and it fits the car IMO. New motor this winter - wicked 383 sbc. blocked up the front - stiffer then heck but def. worth the look.

5. 270283

Great looking car. I like that wood wheel. Good looking house too!

6. phat rat

phat rat

Nice. You say you blocked up the front and it's really stiff. Did you try station wagon springs first? They are heavier and will raise it also.

7. Omega

Omega
    from Mass

Use his front hurst front runner, they got a sweet rib on the outer sidewalls to. Badass ride man, seeing a retired drag car is so much cooler, it lives on.. fuck yea

8. Shiftee

Shiftee

Kick ass man drive it like you stole it!!!!!!!

9. J.D.

J.D.
    from Clovis, CA

Looks great, I love the tri-fives up in the air like that.

p.s. on photobucket it you cut and paste the links with the it will post the pics right up

10. ShakeyPuddin55

ShakeyPuddin55

Try this

11. Upchuck

Upchuck
    from Canada BC

2 very nice looking cars!

12. lulabelle

lulabelle

Verry nice!When can I come see them?

13. plmczy

plmczy

Sounds good too when it goes down the road. I hope to see it up close this summer. later shawn

14. Dude, that is one bad ass chevy. I am partial though as I have a 55 gasser also. Love the interior, paint, stance, hell its all good! Now drive it and have a blast.:cool:

15. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

There wasn't anything like that whe I lived in Bloomsburg, well not that I remember. Very nice...

My cousin Andy builds race motors in Nescopeck, and another Richie builds race chassis in Hobbie.

16. plmczy

plmczy

Zman, your related to Jensen? He redid the flathead block for my buddy scott. He also did a wicked sbc for another guy I know. later shawn

17. mtkawboy

mtkawboy

Nice cars bit I aint buying the running out of money story from the looks of the cars & house

18. 55chevy

55chevy

Awesome cars, it could only be better if the 55 was AG black ;) No better car than a 55, not that I'm, uh, er, biased or anything....

19. reichart90

reichart90

I'm 23 and still living with my mom and dad. haha. its their house and the '32 is my dad's... that project started out to be a "rat" rod - cheap build - whatever... and ended up, well like a graffitti car, and over budget.

plmczy... sorry for not responding to your last PM like a while ago... i kept getting ERROR pages and stuff... probably because my computer is slow and the internet connection is even slower. haha.

i asked about those hurst front runners. at the time he couldnt get the compound for the 5 1/2" ones... My cragars for the front at 7" wide cragars... not even sure howd that work/look.

20. reichart90

reichart90

Jensen's done a lot of WICKED small blocks. haha doesnt he have like the fastest small block in the world?

21. reichart90

reichart90

oh, and ShakeyPuddin55,
    my car is joke compared to yours. Your Youtube videos "makes the hair standup on the back of my neck" as my dad says. He sends it to all of his older hot rod buddies and sends it to everyone he knows to watch. haha.

22. That is one of the coolest 55's I ever seen! Like Two Lane Blacktop on steroids.

23. ...I'd lose the front bumper, ...but that's just me...
    Very nice 55!

24. I agree....or at least the bumper guards, but then you have the 3 peice bumper to deal with. I'd shave the hood too. But then you didn't ask me, did you?;) Nice ride man......

25. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Yep, cousins, we grew up riding dirtbikes up there.

Pretty damn close, it's got to be the fastest in the area at least.

26. Dukeofbluz

Dukeofbluz

Looks great man!

Duke

27. Saoutlaws_Gotti

Saoutlaws_Gotti

"not bad for a field car"

J/K nice i like it

28. indyjps

indyjps

I was gonna say with the looks of the house no wonder you're out of money.

29. Beeeeeautiful car man....I'd love to see it run... Gonna bring it to MOKAN for the drags in August????

30. ShakeyPuddin55

ShakeyPuddin55

Well I went over budget on going fast and now I wish my car looked as nice as yours. lol I'm tired of the primer and battle scars. Thanks though, and I'm glad people are getting some enjoyment from my videos.