Register now to get rid of these ads!

Any Nostalgia Drag activity in the Northeast US?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by john56h, Apr 10, 2007.

1. john56h

john56h

I love all the nostalgia drag stuff I see here, but it seems that most of it is centered around California. Are there any clubs or events from the Northeast around New York?

I'm involved with vintage oval racing, but would like to attend some nostalgia drag shows this summer too.

Thanks

2. revkev6

revkev6
    from ma

june 10th and sept 30th there are nostalgia drags at lebanon valley

3. FencePost

FencePost

New England Dragway Epping New Hampshire
    May 27, July 29 and August 26

4. NoSurf

NoSurf

Don't they have a Nostalgia Meet at Epping NH?

Also- there is the Charlestown (RI) Dragway Reunion in Seaconk MA, but it is more of a car "show", no actual drag races.

5. NoSurf

NoSurf

August 11-12 - Sunday Niagra Nostalgia Drags - Lancaster Dragway - Lancaster, NY

6. john56h

john56h

I live about halfway between Lebanon Valley and Englishtown. I've raced the high banked oval at Lebanon....now I'll have to get there to see some Nostalgia drags too. Thanks.

7. revkev6

revkev6
    from ma

That's one dirt oval around here I haven't run. Always wanted to. biggest dirt track I ran was albany/saratoga (aka malta) ahhh those were the days.

750cc mini-sprints and midgets :cool:

8. ProEnfo

ProEnfo
    from Motown

Thompson Raceway Park (Ohio)

June 1-3
    6th Annual Gasser Magazine Nostalgia Gasser Reunion

September 8-9
    2nd Annual Gasser Nationals

http://www.thompsonracewaypark.com/pages_s/directions/directions.html

CC​

9. john56h

john56h

Long straights and paperclip turns....that oval is like two drag races per lap. And with the strip out back, many of the racers have some drag-race inspired oval track engines too.

10. Someone had made a whole schedule of vintage racing. Did you do a search for it ?

11. Clark

Clark

First you're into old diret track racing.....the Jalopy Showdown at Latimore Valley fairgrounds is a must!

Then in the fall Larry is having the first Nastalgia drags at Beaver Springs. Not sure on the date. Check out the Jalopy Showdown website.
    Clark

12. meteorgasser

meteorgasser
    from Lodi, Ohio

the rock and race at dragway 42 in july

13. john56h

john56h

How do you become a participant?

Are there specific rules for Nostalgia cars? Are there clubs or organizations that you must be a member of?

14. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

East Coast Gasser Association.
    They attend vintage-style races--they'd be hooked in to where the races are.
    I know they're going to be at York this summer.
    -Brad

15. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

New England Dragway Epping New Hampshire
    May 27, July 29 and August 26
    Great nostalgia drags and a real good car show. I just wish I had something to run this year!

They haven't done a Charlestown Reunion in a couple of years since Ed Sarkisian died. That was always a great event with a lot of the drag racing icon's there and lots of cars with some real history.

16. luckydevil

luckydevil

17. I Drag

I Drag

I race with the North East Timing Organization (or just "NETO"). We club race at many of the tracks around here.

East Coast Gassers is another great club, very period-correct. I'd join them, but it's gassers and I have an altered.

Also, there is MANDRA (Mid Atlantic Nostalgia Drag Racing Assoc, I believe).

Usually, more than one of these clubs will be at a track's Nostalgia Drags day. These is competitive, yet laid back, club-style racing.

All of these can be quickly found with a google, NETO is neto-nostalgia.com.

I've been following your posts 56h, as I've always been interested in dirt modified racing, but never took the leap. I'd be happy to show you around the drags, we will be at Island Dragway on May 6th.

18. YorkUS30.com

The best nostalgia drag racing event in the mid-east. Don't miss it!!!

19. Fossil

Fossil

www.eastcoastgassers.com

Click on the racing schedule and you can see the dates at Island, E-town, Atco, Beaver springs, NHRR, etc.

-Scott

20. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

Definitely worth seeing an event when the East Coast Gassers are there. Great cars and great guys!

21. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

22. john56h

john56h

Thanks, everyone!

23. <TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">
    Others to check out;
    Island Dragway, Great Meadows New Jersey
    Atco in South Jersey
    Englishtown
    </TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

24. Omega

Omega
    from Mass

I went to the East Coast Gassers event in august 2004 at NewEngland Dragway... it was my very first drag event, it was a awesome time. You wont be let down.