Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rant SHIPPING!!! with questions !!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kona Cruisers, Apr 6, 2007.

1. Kona Cruisers

Kona Cruisers

Thanks guys sorry this has been an issue with me for a while when I was into A/C vws and cruisers.....

For the guy telling me to move to the cold and all thta jazz.. I grew up in alaska...

FLAT RATE is my frind.

as to UPS/FEDEX they are shipping ground to hawaii/alaska

thanks for the back up and people willing to fowad on to me.. AWSOME!!! thanks HAMB

2. Hmmm
    You Live In Paradise
    And Complain About It..
    That May Be Part Of It..
    Also Most People Cannot Drive Up, Grab And Choke You When Your Check Is Bad After They Shippped To Ya..

Maybe ?

O Send Us Some Warmer Weather
    Paperdog

3. s.r.i.

s.r.i.
    from Hell

Time used to be why we only shipped the 48. I would get a guy in some remote town in Hawaii or Alaska, ship it off the day I said I would. It wouldn't get there fast enough for them,,, instant negative. One thing if I had shipped late or whatnot, but I do not work for USPS or UPS, once it leaves my hands I'm out. Wouldn't stop them from screaming like I sexed their mommie though.

4. Bill.S

Bill.S
    from NW OH

I don't care where I ship to as long as the buyer is willing to pay the costs, customs papers aren't that big of a deal.
    I always ask if they want it marked as a gift as to save them duty money.

5. The real problem with shipping to Hawaii and Alaska is the lack of consistant pricing. The reason many small businesses don't want to ship outside the 48 states is because of the hassle. Customs forms are easy, unless you are shipping USPS. It's the hassle from the customers that is a problem. As long as you're OK with our policies (a fairly long list of what we will and won't do), then we will ship anywhere. If not, find a re-shipper in the 48 states.
    The bottom line is, as a seller (individual or a business), if you don't end up with as much money in your pocket at the end of the transaction as you would have by using your prefered method of shipping within the 48 states, it simply isn't worth the potential extra sales/ extra bids/ whatever to deal with shipping via other methods or outside the 48 states.
    Personally, I think anyone outside the continental US who is into cars should have an account with a re-shipper within the 48 states. The savings (in shipping costs and headaches)over the course of your project are well worth the time spent finding one and setting it up.
    Some exporters will save you money by holding your stuff until they have a full container port-to-port. In some cases, this can save you A LOT of money.

6. usmile4

usmile4

I ship stuff to my brother-in-law all the time. I have found that for most things the US Post Office is the best. I priced out some packages at UPS and FedEx vs USPS...they went Priority Mail and got there in 3 days for less $$.

Whenever he comes to the mainland, he brings some large collapsible luggage bags with him...then he packs them full and pays the extra luggage cost when he flies home. He says he can buy a tool here, pay for shipping, and still be money ahead.

7. Kona Cruisers

Kona Cruisers

oh yeah... shiping EVERYTHING is shiped here.. cept for pinnaple mango.. (well tropical fruits..) and mahi mahi, ahi and ono.. (wahoo, yellow fin tuna, and dolfin)

to the point of 12 packs of soda being CHEAP at 3$ and gas (i live in the most expensive gas in accesable area (remote villages in alaska are way more but where to they have t drive??) at I think around 3.18-and have paid up to 4.04 after the gulf coast fiasco.

I under stand time and price $$ shiping things to the most remote place i the world..(this is true HNL international airport is the furthest for the next major airport in the world)

Iunno mainly wanted to vent that I cant always buy what I want..

8. Your plight isn't much different then anyone off the continent. Get it shipped to me I'll ship it to ya.

9. Man, you and me both! I happily ship anywhere, I figure, if a buyer wants my stuff, we'll figure out how to get it to him/her. It's a global economy nowadays - those who won't ship either haven't figured it out or are either lazy or don't care about other car people (probably don't care about other people period).

Ahhhhh, my rant for the day :D:D:D

Steve

10. Likewise from up here - INTERNATIONAL on a MO means it CAN be cashed outside of the US - don't know how many times I've had buyers in the US send me the wrong MO AFTER I've explicitly spelled it out for them!

Steve

11. Talk about judging everyone based on your experience with a few.
    You think all Canadians are the same? Oh and I'm sure there aren't any crooked buyers in the US. Maybe you need to be a little more selective of the type of customer you deal with as opposed to where that customer calls home.

Lying on customs forms is a crime - if someone asks you to do it and you do, you are party to that crime. To avoid any wrongdoing, simply do not agree to devalue anything. If the buyer won't deal with you unless you do, find another buyer. Unless your desperate (for some reason) to unload your crap you shouldn't have any trouble finding a reputable buyer regardless of the country they are in.

Steve

12. Well,now that you've posted this on a public forum,you've just admitted your part in a criminal act.Anyone who now uses your location will chance being followed to Canada Customs by US Customs and being charged with smuggling and losing their ride.:eek: 3 can keep a secret if 2 are dead.You also would be surprised how many people on your side of the border receive rewards from Canada Customs for picking up the phone and turning in people who do this.

13. Doc22

Doc22

I'm with Luckydevil onthis one. Let him know, if he don't have it then get hold of me. We'll ship to ya!

14. Doc22

Doc22

Are you kidding me?!?

15. Play400

Play400

We don't have Border Guards, we have Custom Inspectors. More concerned about the $$ than anything else. They'll hunt you down like a dog for tax $$$. Won't spare any expense to recover that $$$.

But the bad thing is if you have something to declare they don't bother checking the IDs of your passengers!!!!

16. wvenfield

wvenfield

LOL, that's true. (I know very few who admit to being from Ritchie County)

17. I agree with you. If you, the buyer, are willing to pay actual shipping cost, then the sender shouldn't care. If you ever buy something near to me, i'll help get it to you, OK?

18. wvenfield

wvenfield

I like our northern neighbors. They send me a gift, I send one back.

Isn't that how it is supposed to work?

19. impalamark

impalamark

out in the middle of the biggest ocean on the freaking
    earth thousands of miles from nowhere hmmm.
    uh shipping the only thing expensive there ... ? thought not

thanks for sharing

Mark

20. chopdtop

chopdtop

Lately I haven't had the problem of shipping to Hawaii because nothing I list online sells! :D

I've shipped shirts priority to Hawaii and it was the same as anywhere else in the US. I've shipped die cast all over too and the buyers always get a choice of shipping costs from me, parcel or priority in the US, or surface or air mail outside the US.

21. No,unfortunatly i'm not,i'm convinced they would spend a thousand,to collect a hundred at Canada Customs.:rolleyes:When you build a car in Canada,you can easily double the cost of parts,over stateside prices.