Register now to get rid of these ads!

Well, now that all this sissy car show stuff is out of the way...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by buzzard, Apr 5, 2007.

1. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

Does anybody have any details on the Hill Country Street Rods Show and Go?

I know it's May 12 at Little River, but that's about it. What are the year cutoffs for "street rod" and "muscle car" classes? What time does it start and what time are eliminations?

I'll be there in the coupe. And Lux should be there in his Cutlass. Who else is up for making a few passes down the track?

2. Jobe

Jobe
    from Austin, Tx

Can I race my land yacht? That would be fun...

3. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

I think they just require a seatbelt. Unless you are running 13.99, or better. Then you have to wear a helmet.

Your Caddy will probably run right around that 13.99.

4. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

In the 1/8th!!!

5. D.W.

D.W.
    from Austin Tx.

I gotsta build some new headers & a rollbar.

I better get my ass to work! The clock is ticking:D

6. Rusty

Rusty

MAn I want to go, I got to getsome traction bars made

7. Saoutlaws_Gotti

Saoutlaws_Gotti

hell yeah im down to run a few hambers that like to talk mess all year long about how quick their cars are

let me know what you find out cause im for sure im there

oh and Rusty congrats on the roundup trip, i tried looking ya up a few times at the park while i was out wanderin around but everytime i can by the cars you werent there

8. Crease

Crease

Buzzard,

Have you folks set a date for the drags yet? We're doing the Reliability Run on the 13th of October. I just want to make sure we don't conflict. Oddly, the 13th is the date of the Boerne show.

9. Saoutlaws_Gotti

Saoutlaws_Gotti

hey creas im tellin ya guys if ya bump it a weekend forward or back youll get a better turn out

my dad and i for sure wanna go but man i cant bring my self to miss boerne

10. CptKaos

CptKaos

I'm in. Going out there next Friday for test and tune to see what the old truck will do.

Larry

11. Dirty2

Dirty2

Any grudge races yet ?????

12. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

Sounds like there might be one right here.

13. Dirty2

Dirty2

Yea but when it comes down to the real thing all I ever hear is excuses !!:D My stock sbc (small block caddy) 331 caddy better run a 100 or its up for sale.

14. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

Not sure who he is referring to, so I don't know the story.

My 331 does 100, yours should too. Right? SBC is an SBC? Don't know if I can call mine stock, though!

15. Casey

Casey
    Member Emeritus

yea I wanna race the man that turned my ready to race every body 32 ! since 1992 into a parked and useless car , might as well put it in a barn and forget about it ! no names here but it starts with a b , and he drives a clown car !:rolleyes:

16. Casey

Casey
    Member Emeritus

Oh yea gram phares is the man to talk to about that drag race (512) 292-0878 may 12, be there . I never miss it ! maybe "B" the coupe killing clown ? will see how nostalga bracket race`s work so well ! one class hot rod !

17. Dirty2

Dirty2

clown cars RULE !!!

18. BELLM

BELLM

Buzzard if you got off the computer and out in the shop you could have that '55 making a few passes May 12!:D
    I gotta lot of room to talk. My roadster got a death wobble in the frontend @ Day of the Drags, shut it down @ 1/8 mile:eek: , only made that one pass, new (to me) slicks were hooking up good, thinking I might finally get that mid 12s @ 112 mph I was shooting for, brought it home and parked it, haven't touched it since.:(

19. Saoutlaws_Gotti

Saoutlaws_Gotti

well i dont have toooo much of a grudge to race on but hell im down to race any one who wants to tangle with lil ol Kermit (name of my lil model a back in the 80's before its current rebirth)

i wanna see how these ol cheater slicks really hook
    a bunch of the guys here in SA i run around with were trying to get me to come home early from Roundup to go out to Marion to embarass a couple rice burners at that street legal run what ya brung thing last weekend

Roundup or Lawn mower on seroid races Hummmmm thats a no brainer

20. Casey

Casey
    Member Emeritus

bring old kermit down , I think I have a picture of me running the green machine . two words . sail frog ! haha. hope to see ya there Casey.

21. Saoutlaws_Gotti

Saoutlaws_Gotti

hey if weather isnt all fukd up and i can get someone to watch my two boys ill definately be there

and sail frog------my ass lol

22. Casey

Casey
    Member Emeritus

weather ? I have been in some of the worst storms in my life at little river, or on the way home ! I would never miss it . one time there was a 90 percent chance of rain but it wasent raining in austin . so I went no rain, till I got to the race , that was called off ? then it started poring down rain for two hours , the kinda rain that you cant see the frogs floating in front of you , till I got a mile away from home then the sun came out ? Ive grown gills at that track. ha.

23. Saoutlaws_Gotti

Saoutlaws_Gotti

yeah but let me tell you what
    i had one hell of a hard time last friday backing the sedan out of the garage to head to austin for the roundup in pourin ass rain
    (model a sedan with no top insert or windows with the exception of windsheild)

and rainX didnt do shit on the windsheild cause rain got all over inside to (no top)

my buddy who followed me up did nothing but bitch about the 100 foot long rooster tails my 33/12.50's were throwin at em ---lol

but it didnt stop me ////i fucked with everyone i ran across who didnt drive their roadsters or had bags over their top inserts

24. Roothawg

Roothawg

When is the Day of the Drags? Sorry, not trying to hijack....but I love that race.

25. ChuckleHead_Al

ChuckleHead_Al

That's exactly what we want, people to choose between a gay street rod event, to a real deal bare bones hot rod event...
    You make the choice... Our Reliability Run is on for the 13th, Boerne Rod Run can go to hell....
    Sorry for the rant.. We will be at the Drags this year, fo-sho, I hope some of you Kontinentals can return the favor after we've been supporting y'alls event for years now?????
    Big thanx for the Kontinental guy and his Fender Skirt wife who drove to our show last year...

26. Saoutlaws_Gotti

Saoutlaws_Gotti

dammm alex calm down ----lol
    hey you know im down for the Barons and the stuff yall do
    i mean hey us younger generation of rodders need to stick together cause the older ones just dont except us and our ideas

i probabely gonna have to come out and check out yalls run i mean hell when i think about it, why in the hell do i wanna go out to boerne anyways and hear the shit that the older gold chainers have to say about my rides anyways (you shoulda done this, and why did ya do it that way and back when i was young)

drop me a pm with some info when you get a chance and holla at me when you guys are gonna do something, i wanna get to know the rest of your crew

27. johnny boracho

johnny boracho

the date is already set!! we will have more set details soon !!!

Attached Files:

28. Saoutlaws_Gotti

Saoutlaws_Gotti

Pm'd you right now

29. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

How many lengths are you gonna want?

I think they should do the Olympics bracket style. Give me enough of a head start, and I'll win gold in the 100.:cool:

30. Saoutlaws_Gotti

Saoutlaws_Gotti

lol only fair to give em a chance