Register now to get rid of these ads!

Wayne Henderson's 1932 Ford Victoria

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Roadsters.com, Mar 31, 2004.

1. Roadsters.com

Roadsters.com

Does anyone have the September, 1974 issue of Hot Rod Magazine or September, 1974 issue Street Rodder, and a scanner? Could anyone help by scanning and posting or E-mailing some JPGs of Wayne Henderson's Victoria? I'm looking for quality pictures of this car that I could add to an article that wrote about it on my Web site. I'd also like to be able to credit the photographer. Here's what I wrote about this car a few years ago:

"Wayne Henderson's incredibly detailed, Cleveland-powered, black Victoria, stock-bodied with polished, real magnesium Halibrand Sprints and a classic stance was a car that was so elegant, tasteful and flawless that its debut put a lot of experienced hot rod builders into a state of shock. First featured in the September, 1974 issues of Hot Rod Magazine and Street Rodder, Henderson's Victoria has appeared in numerous magazines and calendars since then. Wayne advertised the Victoria in the November, 1973 issue of Rod & Custom, for $8,000. Now owned by Tom Richardson of Mercer, Wisconsin, this car is simply a heartbreaker."'

I still haven't recovered from my first look at this car. It was perfect.

Does anyone know if Wayne is still building hot rods, or where he is?

Thanks.

Dave Mann
    (602) 233-8400
    http://www.roadsters.com/

2. Ragtop

Ragtop
    Member Emeritus

I have a 4 page article on Wayne's Vicky in 1001 Rod and Custom Ideas from October 1974, that I was about to advertise on EBay. Can I scan the 4 pages for you before it sells?

3. Roadsters.com

Roadsters.com

That would be great. All I need are the pictures, scanned as JPGs, the bigger the better so I can crop them and then scale them down. As I mentioned, I also want to credit the photographer.

Also, if you'd care to E-mail me a link to the auction for the magazine, I'm interested in bidding on it. I hadn't heard of that feature of the car.

The pictures in Hot Rod were mostly black and white, which is fine, and they were exceptionally good photography. I remember one shot that shows Wayne beside the car, and after you look closely you realize that you're seeing his reflection in the perfect paint over the perfect bodywork.

Thanks!

Dave
    [email protected]

4. Dat Dirty Rat

Dat Dirty Rat

Man, at first i thought maybe you were thinking about 'cloning' the car [​IMG]..
    A couple of months back i ran across a couple of mags that had some nice pics of that car and i ended up packing up the mags w/the Christmas sh- up in the attic..Sorry [​IMG]

5. Roadsters.com

Roadsters.com

"Man, at first i thought maybe you were thinking about 'cloning' the car."

My version will be yellow, with no hood, bobbed fenders on the back, and cycle fenders on the front. I'm looking for an obscure Man-A-Fre intake and a Covico steering wheel, the kind that hardly anyone ever liked.

- LORDZ OF KLONEZ

6. Dat Dirty Rat

Dat Dirty Rat

Sounds kool,,I hoping to snag a Man-A-Fre intake this year myself. There was a guy at one of the shows who had 3 for-sale last year..I hope he still has them this time around.

Dirty

7. a/fxcomet

a/fxcomet
    from Eugene, OR

[ QUOTE ]
    "Man, at first i thought maybe you were thinking about 'cloning' the car."

My version will be yellow, with no hood, bobbed fenders on the back, and cycle fenders on the front. I'm looking for an obscure Man-A-Fre intake and a Covico steering wheel, the kind that hardly anyone ever liked.

- LORDZ OF KLONEZ

[/ QUOTE ]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

[​IMG]

His 32 was the nicest 32 Vicky I have ever seen.....
    I wanted to buy it but 8 grand was a lot of money in those days ( I would have spent it IF I had it ).

I have seen plenty 32's since then and his still remains all one of the great ones in my mind.

DEUCE Roadster....

9. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What is this? "What if John Milner had kids?"

10. ChrisinPhilly

ChrisinPhilly

A few minutes after reading this post, I picked up one of my old R&C's (november 73,choptop issue) and Henderson's vicky is advertised in the back of the issue in the 'for sale"section. He wanted either 6 or 8 thousand for it,my evesight isn't that good anymore.

11. Roadsters.com

Roadsters.com

This afternoon a helpful HAMBer E-mailed me some JPGs that he had scanned from the original article in Hot Rod. For some reason, most of the pictures have black dots all over them like a golf ball, as if the pictures had been taken through a screen door. When I find the humor in this, I'll be sure to let you know. In the meantime, is there anyone else who might be willing to dig out their copy of the September, 1974 issue of Hot Rod Magazine, scan the pictures of Henderson's car, and E-mail them to me?

Does anyone on this board have access to whatever remains of the old Petersen Publishing photo library?

Thanks again, folks.

Dave Mann
    [email protected]
    (602) 233-8400

12. Ragtop

Ragtop
    Member Emeritus

Sent you for pics and kept them as big as I cold. It's taking forever to send them due to the size, so it'lol probably take a while for you to download them. The print came out perfect to my surprise. If you need them smaller (if they don't reach you) let me know, I'll shrink 'm a bit and retry. Good luck. Let me know if you want the book before it goes on E Bay.

13. Roadsters.com

Roadsters.com

I'm bringing this back up in case someone else might be able to help The images that were scanned and sent to me had spots all over them for some reason.

Does anyone have the September, 1974 issue of Hot Rod Magazine or September, 1974 issue Street Rodder, and a scanner? Could anyone help by scanning and posting or E-mailing some JPGs of Wayne Henderson's Victoria? I'm looking for quality pictures of this car, especially the ones that were in the September, 1974 issue of Hot Rod Magazine, that I could add to an article that wrote about it on a page on my Web site, at http://www.roadsters.com/deuce/

Does anyone know if Wayne is still building hot rods, or where he is?

Does anyone on this board have access to whatever remains of the old Petersen Publishing photo library?

Thanks again.

Dave