Register now to get rid of these ads!

A BIG THANKS! - from Kontinentaland...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by beatnikontinental, Apr 1, 2007.

1. Wow - this was the nuttiest one yet - the weather drama - the last minute scramble to move the show, totally re-engineer the way it was going to work in 2 days - and getting the word out to everyone at the last minute. A big thanks to Ryan and the HAMB folk for helping to get the word out. It was raining sideways when Willie B and I were out there getting the staging together on Friday - wondering what the next day was gonna be like - and that next morning, we were out there at dawn watching the sun come up - the clouds breaking apart - and all those cars rolling in - it was an unbelieveble feeling...

I gotta thank my partners and friends El Jefe and Will - for all they do to make this show happen every year - the work behind the scenes is a HUGE task - and this year more than any before it. To all my Kontinental brothers and Fender Skirt sisters - who help us welcome everyone to town, stuffing packets, helping give out registration, and parking cars - and generally being a great and helpful bunch of folks to meet for people who have driven a long way to be here for this party.

Everyone I talked to enjoyed the new venue - and had a GREAT time at the show - and we are glad to hear from you and get your feedback. I hope you all had a blast, met some new folks, made some new friends - bought some cool stuff - got inspired to start a new project (or finish your old one) and we'll see you again here soon.

I know folks are on the road now - I can't wait to read the stories and see the photos of everyones time here once they get back (and get some sleep, yeah?)

thanks everyone - we'll see you down the road
    -b

2. Well, all I can say Is AWESOMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE> I think I even got the wife hooked now. This was my first round up and it was first class. I enjoyed the laid back atmosphere, and super super cool people. Most shows I have been to have tons of stuck up folks who are only concerned with you keeping your mits off their ride, and not answering questions you might have about their ride. Well this was totally different, and Exactly what I love to see. Thanks For the awesome show Kontinentals, Fender Skirts, Ryan, and the rest of the HAMBr's. Next year we will be there witho ur Model A and posibly even in houston with it by October I think it is at Livefast.

Will

3. DragginWagon

DragginWagon
    from Tyler,Tx.

This was my first also. All I can say is bitchn'! My kind of rides and people. Everyone I talked to was great! I was so shocked that the weather was so great Fri. night and Sat. Thanks for such a great time and I hope everyone makes it home safe.

Ps. Thanks for the church parking. If it wasn't there I don't know where I would have parked both nights.

4. skullcracker

skullcracker
    from Austin

The effort of all you Kontinentals make Austin a better place to live! We all know the Continental Club is the center of the known universe. Congrats on managing the growth and situational change so deftly.
    Thanks from all of us at the South Austin Speed Shop!
    dp

5. BELLM

BELLM

Thanks for a great time, you guys do an incredible job of pulling this off, flawless. Every event and every contact I have ever had with any of the Kontinentals has been great, you guys are the definition of class!
    The only thing I don't like about Roundup is that I missed the first one. Hope you guys are getting some much deserved rest today.

6. Aman

Aman
    from Texas

I can't tell you how much I appreciate the hard work you folks do for the rest of us. As I said in another "Thank You" post, I wish there was more time (we went on Sat.) and I wish I could clone myself. I think next year when I roll in with the A, I'm definitely going to get there on Friday. You can't see it all in just one day. Congress was a great time too. Thanks again!

7. The show was GREAT!! I really liked it at the Expo Center (no DUST) :) . S.Congress Saturday night was a lot of fun too. There were so many more people there this year, and some kickass rides!! Once again, you guys did an EXCELLENT job.

8. Bob Dobolina

Bob Dobolina

Thanks guys (and gals) for a great weekend. Got a couple of my buddies that i have been hounding for several years to finally get down here. One left with a deadline for a build in mind. Also, on a different level, Got my son to come down...first time we got to spend any time together since he was a little kid, and we did it at a car show :) He left with a big smile on his face as well.

9. Bob - its great to get positive feedback after the event – but its stories like yours that blow me away and fires me up to put this show on every year… thanks for sharing that.

10. TxRat

TxRat

Ruler's. Everyone of you guys...

11. As always, deep and sincere thanks from all the Zenors. The Round Up has become one of our cherished annual family traditions.

12. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

I love you guys.....

13. krupanut

krupanut

Dude You RULE!

your art is the most to say the least!

14. Circus Bear

Circus Bear

thnx for having us. great time.

15. Reggie

Reggie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yes, you are the RULER!!! You'd have to be if you can get the Duke (formerly known as the Mayor of Wellington) to Chauffeur you around.

It was great meeting you and thanks for the Art!!! Nice, real Nice!!

16. ig'nant

ig'nant

Thank YOU!

Holy hell, I thought I was in hot rod Valhalla last year.... The bar keeps moving for "most fun I've ever had", and I'm lookin' forward to topping it next year.

17. Firedome

Firedome
    from Austin, TX
    1. THE YAY-HOOS

Thanks to all of y'all for pulling this off with such style, quality and resourcefullness. The show was absolutely amazing and very nicely done. I really appreciate the blood and sweat that went into this years event!
    Cheers!

18. bcrossland

bcrossland
    from Missouri

My son, who lives in Austin, told me about your cruise/show/party and asked me to come down. I have been a steady attendee of National car shows, but NOTHING can compare to the event you put on!!!! :eek: I have been involved in live entertainment for years and know what goes on behind the scenes. For you guys and gals to totally move a venue in 48 hours is unbelievable. I know that if you keep it at the expo sight, the cruise will grow into a nationally acclaimed event. You just have to decide if you want that. Either way, I'll be back.
    Thanks, again.

19. DesignIt

DesignIt

Brian, y'all did a fantastic job! All of the Kontinentals deserve a big thanks from every one that attended. You guys are miracle workers! I think this photo sums it all up:

Thanks!

Attached Files:

20. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

You must have been there either really early, or really late, to get a shot of El Jefe standing still.

21. krupanut

krupanut

That shot must be from AFTER he got the electricity to work on the trailer!:D

Thanks to all y'all (texan for all of you's)for the support year after year!
    We just love having y'all.

And my brother Kontinentals, you guys are the best group of guys there is.
    to my sister Fender Skirts, you gals and the best group of gals there is.

22. scottybaccus

scottybaccus

I guess this is the best place to extend some appreciation to both the Kontinentals and the HAMB.
    I've been online for just over a year and attended the show last year. Back then, I could only make the show and Reggie's open house. I felt welcome, but didn't have enough time to get to know anyone.
    A year later, I MADE time for the Krawl, Thirsty Thursday, The Show and 2 nights on Congress. I didn't get everything in that I had hoped, but I did forge some new friendships. When all the world seems to be self destructing, the HAMB and My hot rod community have built something for me personally. My wife and I have found another piece of common ground and my whole family is in on my project. (my wife says we'll have the car ready next year, or else) My thanks go out to The Kontinentals and Ryan for making these things happen and I am proud to claim a few new friends. Reggie!, DW!!, Billy, Danny, Rusty, Denise, Jon, and many unnamed, but not unnoticed, I was glad to see you all! Now I need to go phone in my reservation at the Austin Motel. See ya then!

23. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Yeah, thanks. I know what it takes to put on a show, it ain't easy.

Next time I'm bringing fruitcake.

24. eliguzman

eliguzman

BAD ASS...Thanks to the Kontinetals for putting on the best show around. Cant wait for next year...See everyone on the road to the next show!!!

Eli and The Highway Horrors!!!!

25. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Brian,,,

Thanks for Making MFS feel at home..Will be there every year.

And thanks for putting on the Best sohw on earth.

26. Thanks, and glad to hear it, man - maybe next time we'll see that bad-ass Evelcoupe too, yeah?

hell, I'll will even have a car in the show next time, for a change...

27. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

Jinx.