Register now to get rid of these ads!

New Car CLub (dont want to steal a name)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jarzenhotrods, Apr 1, 2007.

1. Jarzenhotrods

Jarzenhotrods
    from .......

My buddies and I are starting a club in Vegas. We are thinking of calling it The Emperors. I dont want to steal the name if somebody else has it. If you do which is very likely is it still possible to have the name. So please let me know. Thanks

2. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

3. Crusty Nut

Crusty Nut

The point is, it doesn't matter unless there are already some Emperers in your town. Unless you call yourselves the Faggots or something similar, it has probably already been done. Don't sweat it.

4. Jarzenhotrods

Jarzenhotrods
    from .......

LOL I was thinkin The Stool Pushers but the other guys didnt agree. Thanks Guys.

5. 53burb

53burb

I would confirm with the others that have the name already just out of respect. Just my .02. KNUX!

6. suiside

suiside

ive always liked Sled DraggerS!

7. If you guys smoke weed how about the "Baked Hambers"? I know it's bad but I couldn't resist.:D :p

8. that first club plaque shaped like the crown is ours. Indiana, Illinois and Kentucky. personally, i don't think any of us would give a shit one way or another if you wanted to use the name. i would, however, discourage the use of a similar shaped logo or club plaque.

9. xicanoGrease

xicanoGrease
    from Phoenix.Az

Just my two cents you might want come up with your own name for confrontation sake and plus you dont want to have someone elses name and have no direct connection to them it makes you look like you are a poser. We have that here in Phoenix and its funny but...Good Luck fellas.....here ya go this is my vote the BROWN EYE BANDITS C.C.........or You could meet up with a club and see if they want to branch out to your neck of the woods.......DRAPEKINGS..PHX

10. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Not sure about the car scene but Id be careful of using another club's name. Cant be that hard to be original. Have a think.

11. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

it's not easy coming up with an original car club name these days. Mongo came up with "The Pothole Surfers" for our club. if you've ever seen the roads in Michigan you'll understand the first part, the second part is on account that we all like our vehicle pretty low to the ground...

you might think of looking into what clubs used to be in your area way back in the day that might not be active anymore and see if you can not find a former member to contact about reviving the old club name. that might be a pretty cool thing to do. just make sure it's not an active club and try to get ahold of some original members if at all possible. it might take some research to find all the info but i think it would be realy rad.

i know some clubs are real territorial about their names. there was some stink a long while back about somebody using the "Pedestrian Killers" name. great name (in my twisted mind) but the established club was'nt too keen on their name being borrowed. it may not have even beem intentional. great minds think alike and all that.

good luck with your club.

12. rebstew187

rebstew187

to pick a name that is not used or that has not been used much is almost impossible. all I can tell ya is good luck. most clubs will give you a little respect and understand it's hard to come up with a name but be ready for someone to call you out on it no matter what name ya pick and don't push anyone's buttons by using a logo that looks like theirs.

13. squirrel

squirrel

I think "The Sphincters" is still available, none of the other guys here want to join, so the club never got started....

(motto: we're a bunch of assholes)

14. How about "the new car club" I doubt that anyone has ever used that name and no one will probably want to use it again so you want have to whup no body.

I can understand why, everyone might think you were a bunch of rump rangers.:eek:

15. RichLo63

RichLo63
    from Sachse, TX

I would think that ya'll would want something that reflects Las Vegas.

examples
    Sin City CC
    Black Jacks CC
    Aces CC
    Dueces Wild CC
    One Eyed Jacks CC
    Suicide Kings CC
    Full Deck CC
    Box Cars CC
    Rollin' Dice CC

Good Luck,
    Rich

16. bigken

bigken

17. OLLIN

OLLIN

Victorville Emperors are just a hop skip and jump from vegas..too close.

18. tjm73

tjm73

19. Scott B

Scott B
    from Colorado?

Umm, it's taken and it's spelled Sfinxters for the record...asshole.:)

20. Hey I just came up with it. How about "US" then you can have an annual reunion with Them and it'll be Us 'n' Them.

21. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

Why not use a different form of the word???
    Emperor in latin is "Princeps" for example.........or the "Imperators"

22. Hell just be a man and name it what you want. I haven't met any 1%er car clubs yet and its not like your tatooing a winged death head on your arm and someone is going to cut your arm of because of it.

23. How about "The He-Man Fender Haters Club"

24. 53burb

53burb

Hey I just came up with it. How about "US" then you can have an annual reunion with Them and it'll be Us 'n' Them.
    Pork'n'Beaner (the original) That is funny. I just had that in my head when I scrolled down and saw that you posted this. I was thinking "Others" too. For some reason Beavis & Butthead came into mind on that. When asked if they did something, the answer would be, "Those were like unghhhhhhhhh other kids huhuhu". Of coarse you have to have the great talent of Mike Judge' voice as you read this. Man I miss that show!!!!!!!! KNUX!

25. synthsis

synthsis

I think our club name is pretty self explanitory for our rides. Although some of these assholes have been stepping it up a notch. I might have to revoke plaques and jackets based on owning cars too nice to garner the name. HAHAHA.

26. murdercycles

murdercycles

"Chrome Kaisers", "Crown Royales", "Rod Kings".
    From Las Vegas...hmmmmm....how about "The Pit Bosses" or "Sin City Hustlers" or maybe "Vegas Showgirls".
    Ray in CT
    Don't use "Murdercycles"

27. tjm73

tjm73

"Pit Bosses" sounds pretty cool. I say go with that one.

28. aces52

aces52

HI whats up just to let you know the ACES have been aroud in SO.CAL sine 1952 just a heads up . Just had a show look at the aces car show on here. Sorry BOB ACES

29. Chris Casny

Chris Casny

I got some that reflect Vegas.

Blue Wigs CC
    Fat Asses CC/MC
    Alzheimers CC
    Loosers CC
    Whiners CC

30. Kustomz

Kustomz

I guess the car clubs dont have a confederation of clubs like bikers do that control all the names and logos.