Register now to get rid of these ads!

Has anyone ever rodded a big truck?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by J Man, Mar 26, 2007.

1. Hellfish

Hellfish

how about this 1976 Mack "rat rod" from the Chicago area

[​IMG]

2. Thought about doing it to this I.H. I found in a yard in the sticks around here. Power Stroke diesel, bagged to go to the pavement, about six inches chopped out of those huge windows, and would fit 10 comfortably pulling my old Henry-J down the road to MOKAN!!! Plus it is big enough for a big screen fold down T.V.!!!

Attached Files:

3. Ayers Garage

Ayers Garage

I'm pretty sure Plowboy's Spactruck started as a big truck.

4. jusjunk

jusjunk
    BANNED
    from Michigan

Location land of 10,000 meth labs. Lemme guess that thing is a cover for your drug business:D:D:D Ill bet you drive it while wearing a clown suit:D:D. You prolly only got 2 ice creams like a sammich and a cone ........and your hot dogs aint hot.... and your carmel corn is made with rearend lube..
    Dave
    ps: thats cool........

5. Have you tried listing that in the classifieds yet?
    I'd hate to see that crushed.

6. Flipper

Flipper
    from Kentucky

I've got a couple of Seagrave firetrucks (38,40,47,&50). One or two are gonna end up getting hot rodded. One is getting a 1,790 cubic inch tank motor. High gas prices kinda moved this project down the list.

[​IMG]

7. chopdtop

chopdtop

This is one I'm keeping an eye on. I'd love to rod this thing out.

Attached Files:

8. 34RUSTROD

34RUSTROD
    from Wa. state

you got anymore of the front frame horns on that big rig...did you just flip the frame, what about the back, are they leafs and flipped also...I was thinking the same thing with my 34 Chev truck and could use a couple visuals...thanks..joe

[​IMG]

[​IMG][/quote]

9. Appleseed

Appleseed

Wasn't that thing at the 06 Pile-up? I think he was burping the jake for hours cruising the lot. Aside from the white walls ( do they even make whites for big rigs?) that truck is cool.

10. 1952henry

1952henry

There's an early fifties L-series Mack in Medford that was restored, even has the original H-series supercharged Cummins. Nifty looking multi-ribbed huffer. Being blown qualifies it as a hotrod, doesn't it?

Carl Heap's old Bonneville-burning IH is neat to see in person. I believe it has twin coupled 8V-71 two stroke jokes being force-fed by four rather large turbos.

11. bloodandwhisky

bloodandwhisky
    from DFW Texas

Pheonix of carl heap
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Has to be the nicest hauler I've ever seen. Background doesn't hurt the shot either.

13. scr8pn

scr8pn

The truck in the lower pic is way cool, what size wheels are they and where can i get some,
    thanks
    [​IMG]

[​IMG][/quote]

14. LordMaximo

LordMaximo
    from Roy, UT

Here is my 1938 IHC D-30 1.5 ton rig. I am almost finished with the chassis build. I took my ' 71 Chevy 3/4 ton chassis and did a ground up resto. The body will be getting a rightous do over real soon.
    [​IMG]

15. You might want to try loading that picture again.

16. customfc

customfc

17. customfc

customfc

18. 1LIFE2LIVE

1LIFE2LIVE

here is my dads 44 ford ton and a half that we have been working on over the winter. it now has a 14'1/2" dove tail hauler body on it and we re laying the oak planks. hope to drive it to the jalopy showdown. still 6volt with original flat head in it. we bought it as it looks in red for 2500 running condition

Attached Files:

19. Thats sick!!!!

20. RedFox

RedFox
    from ca

Stockton Wheel has a nice rig parked outside there shop sometimes, i will try to get a pic.
    I always wanted to take a old chevy 1 ton dually and strip it to the frame and build up an old body on it and use it as my tow vehicle.

21. Old Roadster

Old Roadster

Hey good thread.......Keep em coming.

22. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Our 1957 Chevy Dubl Duti stepvan called the "SNOW SLED" has been rodded and converted into a mobile snowcone catering truck. It is rentable for parties, corporate events, weddings, carshows, fundraisers,and charity events. I finally found a way to have a custom vehicle make me money ...rather than the other way around!
    Build pics and places we have been can be found here:http://www.cleancutcreations.com/snowsleadpics.html
    and here:http://www.cleancutcreations.com/snowsled.html

23. CustomFC....we need details.

24. InDaShop

InDaShop
    from Houston

Completely stock frame, just flipped it upside down, and restacked the leaves. The rear will be underslung as well with a restacked stock Jeep CJ spring.

Thats the same truck! The wheels are 20" Internationals, that I modded to accept Ford V8 Caps. I don't know where to find more wheels, I'm always keeping an eye open myself.

25. Hellfish

Hellfish

I don't think so. I told him that it wouldn't be allowed in because it was too new, and he said it wasn't worth the gas money to go and park outside. If he showed up, I never saw him. Might've been another truck??

26. J Man there's a pretty cool old Mack that cruises around here I never seem to have a camera when I see it. I mean old mack like mid '30s or at least it looks mid '30s. Its cut down pretty good but they are useing the big fenders and front end. Lowered as much as they could get away with and kinda bob tailed like a trailer hauler. Sounds like its got some sort of a blower motor in it.

27. cadman89

cadman89

Big truck!
    I took this picture at the Daytona Swap Meet and Car Show last weekend.
    Look at the Red Burb in the background. On the rear wndow in large letters it said .. "HUMM THIS!"

[​IMG]

All my pictures are at http://neflnewhomes.com/daytonaswapmeet/

Cadman

28. Big Earl

Big Earl

This was the plan for my '36 before I sold it...

Attached Files:

29. Lil John

Lil John

I am whelin and dealin on this...46 IH KB6...gonna put it on a tonner chassis and make a replica of the truckmy dad drove in 1949:D