Register now to get rid of these ads!

My homebuilt sees the light of day for the first time

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Alf, Mar 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alf

Alf

Hello everyone. Well I have reached a milestone in my first hot rod build especially since I started with a crushed truck body I found in the woods and an idea. We rolled the car out into the sun and got to stand back and snap a few pictures. I'm pretty happy with how it's turning out, and I'm having a ball working on it. I'de also like to thank the HAMB and it's members for the info, you've been a great help. Anyway, here's some pics...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. brewsir

brewsir

Cool...I like that you are building it so you sit "in" it and have some room still! Keep up the good work....it'll be bitchin.

3. ZZ-IRON

ZZ-IRON
    from Minnesota

Brewsir * Got It Right, Fitting & Sittin. Nice N Low. You Don't Need Pam To Slide In, It Happened At Bonneville. A Driver Porked Up Bearly Fit In The CAR. Solution Pam Spray To The Rescue. TRUE STORY. IT Worked. You have to be in the car to DRIVE IT ! Good Luck. Rich

4. tjm73

tjm73

What kind of motor is that?

5. borndead327

borndead327

is that a ford v10 from a super duty>?

6. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

V6??? blah

Malcolm

7. Alf

Alf

Thanks for the complimets.

The engine is a Nissan V6, just happened to be the first thing I came across and it seemed like it would work, so I bought the entire car for $400. I know it's not a traditional powerplat, but it sure is different, It's a pretty cool little engine.

8. Marc Dee

Marc Dee

First NASCAR now hot rodding. When does it stop?

9. pitman

pitman

10. TRAVEZ

TRAVEZ

good for you man! looks like it's coming along nicely. i would cut the guy some slack about the motor, i know it's not correct but atleast he knows that. and maybe someday he'll swap it out with something a bit more traditional. good luck on your project man!

_T

11. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

It was cool until you told what the engine was. For $400, you could have bought a beater Camaro or Mustang with a V8.

Richard D likes this.
  12. brownbagg

brownbagg
    from grand bay

I got a toyota motor waiting for a rig too, and its fuel injected. Its going be sweet

Richard D likes this.
  13. Gerg

Gerg

I think its pretty sweet even with the toyo motor in it. Big deal its a start and the project looks pretty killer

14. Circus Bear

Circus Bear

Damn give the kid a break. I think it looks like pretty good build. As far as the jap motor I don't see an issue. no one else did when they saw this car.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=131114

he not one here talking like some ol skool douche bag.

15. screwball

screwball

becarefull with this globle warming stuff it just may be our future.

16. Toast

Toast
    from Jenks, OK

Looks great to me. If you don't have anything nice to say, Don't. We going to give him grief about the snow tire on the front too. Geezzzzzzz!
    Keep going the way you want to, it is YOUR car!

17. Chris Casny

Chris Casny

18. bobx

bobx
    from Indiana

thats cool.

19. Soviet

Soviet

If noone says anything negative and the postees dont pay attention to the rules, what's the point of having them in the first place? All that needed to be said was that the motor was O/T and show pics of the rest of the fab work. The HAMB is for TRADITIONAL. As much as I despise them, SBCs can be had in ready to run condition with donor attached for 400$, so money restraints aren't really the issue, personal prefrence is.

20. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

double post sorry

21. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Whilst this is a trad style site dont let the style police get you down. Heck there is even guys here who dont like VWs - go figure :) Build what you want mate. Its YOUR car and really its only up to a moderatror etc to tell you whats appropiate for this forum, and certainly not the hobby. Funny how if it had a common as muck SBC it would be OK. Hmmmmm how I understand it hotrodding started with guys using what they had to make cars. So maybe a mustrang/comaro donour might have been more "appropiate" but you are a lot further advanced then some (not all thats for sure) of the "experts" who may post here. Good luck to you.

22. monzadood

monzadood
    BANNED

its amazing how letting a project see daylight motivates you. if i start to lose sight, i just roll it outside, stand back and dream a little. then i get back to work.

23. Harris

Harris

Forget about the negatives - that stance is KILLER!

I for one like the use of the nissan engine - good price, good mileage, good power.

I do have to complain about the front wheels tho

24. Midnight340

Midnight340

Once again, it oughta be the traditional SPIRIT of the thing... Where the hell is the spirit in everybody building the same? Good job on the build. Great work, starting with nearly nothing, and putting together a cool lookin' car. Wonder how many SBC's there are running around with non-american parts keeping them going? What's with the copy-cat attitude? Build it with guts. Drive it.

25. cornbinder52

cornbinder52
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Very inspiring! Whatever engine you choose, still a kool ride!

26. Toast

Toast
    from Jenks, OK

If it was a small block 350 they would be tellin him it had to be a 283 or 265 to be traditional. Its a hot rod. If those motors were available in "THE DAY" they would have used them. He is using what is available today!

27. el chuco

el chuco

Bitchin. What kinda suspension are you running in the rear? It'd be cool to see some shots of your frame. Keep up the progress.

28. Ahhhhh 4 doors...the rock-a-billy ride of choice.

29. UK Comet

UK Comet

Yeah! I mean why would you want to put a Smoolth, Powerful, Economical, Lightweight motor like that in a Car?
    Oh, wait a minute..........:p

Sergeant82d likes this.
  30. Bort62

Bort62
    BANNED

Best part is, depending on the year - that Nissan motor was probably made in the USA, unlike just about every SBC or SBF for a LONG time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.