Register now to get rid of these ads!

What to do in Indy this week?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mineseats9, Mar 18, 2007.

1. mineseats9

mineseats9
    from Omaha

I'll be in Indianapolis,IN this week and I'd like to know of any live music, beer joints, car related places or whatever that I should see. I'll be there from Tues March 20 to Sun March 25. Thanks for any help. I don't want to sit in the hotel in my off time. Rather get out and see something. Brian

2. indyjps

indyjps

what hotel you staying at, I just moved from Indianapolis after 7 years so I can hook you up with quite a few spots depending on what you want to do.
    If staying down town, check out Slippery Noodle (live bands every night and the oldest bar in Indy) and maybe Piano Bar. Theres Tiki Bobs and some other bar right next to it if you're into clubbin' it up and dumb college (IUPUI) girls. Rock Bottom Brewery and Alcatraz brewery for micro brews, Champs for sports bar. NCAA hall of fame is downtown if you like sports. too bad it isnt later in the year, there a great minor league stadium thats always a good time. Red Garter is downtown, dancing ladies. PT's is better but its about 15 minutes from downtown. Dont know what there is to see at the Speedway, if theres a museum or not. If youve got a rental car head down Meridian south of 465 loop and you should find some cruise spots. all the car action is down there.
    Let me know what side of town or name of hotel youre staying at and I can help out more.
    You could stop by the house I still own and do wome wrenching on the car I left behind until I can get it moved over here.

3. mineseats9

mineseats9
    from Omaha

I'm being put up at the Marriott downtown. I'm going to the speedway with the group from work. I'll have a rental car so I can go pretty much anywhere. Thanks for helping. Brian

4. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

you at least need to come over and sign my hamb car in the garage! I'm just outside Indy on the east side at Mt. Comfort and I-70. Get in touch with GMC Bubba too. I think they do something during the week. Lots of shops worth seeing on the west side if you have time during the day.

5. rooman

rooman

My shop is in Brownsburg, about 8 miles out from the 465 loop. You are welcome to come and visit at any time. We are usually here into the evening if that works for you. Most of the front line nitro teams are out here too and I can hook you up with them.
    The Indianapolis Motor Speedway museum is definitely worth a look, lots of past race winners on display.

Roo

6. Don't forget the Roller Derby on Saturday March 24th.

Info here.

[​IMG]

7. Shifty Shifterton

Shifty Shifterton

Guiness and Shepard's pie at the Claddah pub, within walking distance of the Marriott.

Union Jack's over by the speedway has the best racing decor of any restaurant in town.

And the speedway museum inside the track is a must-see even if you don't give a damn about open wheel racing. If you get decent weather, take a tour bus around the racing surface. They're open every day except christmas.

8. RunaroundSue

RunaroundSue
    from Indy

It's up to the boss (GMC Bubba) but our shop(s) are just a couple of miles from the Speedway track (located where else but on Gasoline Alley!!)

9. Nice Avatar girl......

10. RunaroundSue

RunaroundSue
    from Indy

You like, huh?? Remind you of anyone??

11. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

Beats the hell out of me, but if Sue says do it lets do it.
    Come on by for a full tour of Bubbas Hot Rod shop, trailer park etc. Lindross will be working there wed evening and Sue can take ya a tour as well.

The boss...:)

I Like the avatar Sue...........office what ???:cool:

12. RunaroundSue

RunaroundSue
    from Indy

Ha, I've been busted!! :D

Sure we can do. Lindross, you got the beer?? MS9, hope you can make it for the get-together we've just planned for you....always a good time. Now that's Hoosier Hospitality for ya.

13. boozoo

boozoo

Scoob.... when are you going to finish that car?
    {snicker}

14. pullinlines

pullinlines
    from indy

hey ,brian there's also a swap meet out at the indy fairgrounds this weekend too. i'm sure that the folks over at bubba's will take real good care of you. they're a bunch of nice people over there! if you can see about makin' it over to bruce litton's place. you meet see if bubba could arrange that shop tour it looks just like his town that he grew up in! pullinlines

15. It's been rumored that there is a beer or two at Bubba's. Should we have Suzy and Beer in such close proximity of each other? :p

16. indyjps

indyjps

Union Jacks also has very good pizza, forgot about Claddah.

17. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

don't forget the Hooters downtown. I'd show ya, but I'm in Toledo this week

18. bobx

bobx
    from Indiana

if your into bikes go check out jay harts shop - chopsmiths- on gasoline alley. i was down there about 2 months ago and stopped in and hung out for an hour or so. cool bikes, plus i saw a couple of indy cars in the parking lots around the area.

heres his website - mapquest the address from your hotel.

http://handbuiltmotorcycles.com/index.html

19. RunaroundSue

RunaroundSue
    from Indy

:p
    Let's see...... Beer + Suzy = JULIE !!! :D

20. pullinlines

pullinlines
    from indy

that ain't no lie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i think i saw JULIE!!!all weekend at the 500 world of wheels! she's still a lot of fun to hang out with though!