Register now to get rid of these ads!

vintage boats,who alls got em

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by hvychvy, Feb 1, 2007.

1. tattooedup37

tattooedup37

Hey bud i think you need one more boat. hahaha

2. alsancle

alsancle

We've had the same boat (20 footer) with the 435 lincoln in the family since 1964. The straight pipes make a ton of racket and it is a nice combination of old mahogoney and a more modern shape. I believe ChrisCraft made the same basic model (called either Super Sport or Holiday) from 61 to 66 in either 18 or 20 feet (I think there was a 21 too) with a 327 Chevy or the option Lincoln big block.

3. paco

paco
    from Atlanta

Although my present boat..........a 1972 RAYSONCRAFT factory K boat powered by a BBC & V-drive, that was a regular in the Miami area, isn't that old my previous was a 1956 Correct Craft utility that I ran on the Big Lake in N.H.

The Raysoncraft is in line for a resto after my 66 Chev II completion & possibly a 31 Mdl. A 5 window........

PACO

4. DONZI

DONZI

Mine's not quite vintage yet being an 1987. It is special to me though and helluva lotta fun!:D
    1987 DONZI 22' 454 BBC Limited Edition. #18 of 25.
    It's the reason my Hot Rod never gets built.:)

Attached Files:

5. marx

marx

holy crap! there ain't nothin' NOT cool about this boat!

6. Aaron51chevy

Aaron51chevy

I've posted our boat a few times but what the hell one more, seeing that it's 9 degrees outside! She's a 1967 Renken with a 1967 55hp chrysler...

Attached Files:

7. I posted this one before too, but...

I grabbed this little two-man rocket, with the trailer, for $50 last year... :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It has a spot up front to mount a driver's seat and steering wheel, but I think I like the "laid back" look, and I want to be able to stand up to Musky fish... so I'll probably just run a tiller handle or some funky fold-away steering.
    I was going to put a motor on it this past summer, but there's no wood left inside the transom. I'm going to have to build an aluminum framework inside. There's not alot to tie it into, so I'm going to build it forward and integrate it with a whole new seat frame to give it some support.

I was thinking about glassing some headlights on it, just like CLASSICFINS posted above.

Cruisin' the bars on Namakagon in a floating hot rod... that'll be cool.
    Too bad it was -30 this morning... :D

JOE:cool:

8. Aaron51chevy

Aaron51chevy

Joe, that's a volksboat, goto www.fiberglassics.com there is quite a bit of information as well as restored pictures of your boat. Very cool little "hotrod" of a boat!

9. Mine is considered vintage, but not old enough for most of you here. It is a '78 Mastercraft Competition 19 Skier with a built 351W pleasurecraft and B/W Velvetdrive. Hell of a lot of fun but not practical at all. Wish I could find a photo to post. Nice two tone green paint.

10. These guys can fix you up w/what ever you need.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. cadzilla

cadzilla

a freind of mine has cris craft barrel back and a 57 38 foot cruiser with twin 318 s the barrel back has a hemi in it 392 she rolls

12. alsancle

alsancle

I posted this one a while back. It came out of barn in central massachusetts where it had been sitting for at least 40 years. The only piece of history I have is that it was some how related to one of the dodge bros. If anyone can identify it I would love more info.

Attached Files:

13. Thanks, man...! I looked at Boats in the Belfry...
    http://www.fiberglassics.com/galleries/bitb/default.htm
    but didn't see it there.

This picture right here really made me fall in love with this boat all over again...

[​IMG]

The site said it's been clocked at 50mph with a 25hp motor...!
    That's flyin'....
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Yep... forget the cars, man. I'm going to take to the sea... :D

That might not be far from the truth... someday. I hope to retire on a boat just like the one Elvis arrives on in "Fun in Acapulco"...
    Who can tell me what that one was...?

JOE:cool:

14. alsancle

alsancle

I got a request for more pictures of this so I found a couple more...

Btw, the cockpit would fit two but the wheel is mounted in the center, it is roughly 14 to 15 feet long, all mahogany and there was no engine in it when we found it.

Attached Files:

15. draggin ass

draggin ass
    BANNED
    from hell

boat? what boat????:D

16. Joe T Creep

Joe T Creep
    Member Emeritus

Heres my 1958 Glaspar Lido. I got it from some old guy near my house and I have been enjoying the hell outtat it until I cracked the transom about 6 months ago :-(
    Anyone in so cal do inexpensive fiberglass work???

Attached Files:

17. classicfins

classicfins

Hey Joe!
    What you have there is a Volksboat, or Jetra. it was built under boat names. If you go to the main messege board on www.fiberglassics.com you can catch up to several guys who have the same boats that they are still sing. They are definately cool. Great snag for $50!
    [​IMG]

18. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

I thought this was pretty cool and a good deal. Needs some work, but that's just an excuse to hot rod it, right?

-Dave

[​IMG]

19. smooth50

smooth50
    from MASS

What a cool thread.
    I have my grandfathers 1955 Chris Craft Cavalier that my dad and I reworked about 12 years ago. I need to give it some love one of theses days. It has an inboard 305 and is mahogany plywood but painted.
    My father has an 18' Chris Craft Barrel back that has been restored to near original. I believe it is around a 1940. I told him that he should figure out a way to get it in his living room. Now that thing is beautiful.
    Wish that I had some pics to post. This thing will look incredible behind our 1940 ford pick-up.

20. Hey Joe,

Call Raul at A1 Marine in Fullerton. He can be reached at 714-773-0491. He is right off of the 91 at Euclid. His prices are reasonable (and somewhat negotiable) and he does great work. He's saved my ass numerous times on hull repair...he also does certified engine work and upholstery. Good luck!

21. HulaZombie

HulaZombie

:cool: Here's mine
    1967 32' Marinette. Aluminum hull, twin 318 Chryslers.
    And it's for sale or trade. $25,000 0r Car/bike Full or partial.
    Located in Cincinnatti Ohio
    Let me know
    Bill

Attached Files:

22. papasmurf240

papasmurf240

Heres a couple pictures of my 57 glassjet. She runs like a dream.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  23. papasmurf240

papasmurf240

sorry for the double post.

24. KutThrtKustms

KutThrtKustms
    BANNED
    from SO.CAL.

I just sold my 62 Steven flattie V drive with 421 Pontiac w/ all the finned dress up parts! That thing really Sh.. and Get. RAD boat......

25. Picked this up today. Found it sitting in the back af a boat sales yard. I don't know if it's restorable but it would make a bitchen wall hanger for somebody. I don't have room for it so I'm gonna sell it. My guess is it's from the 50's. Canvas over plywood. My friend used to have one in Florida, he says it went 60mph with a 10hp Merc. It's 8' 4" long.
    [​IMG]

26. Bobby Green

Bobby Green

No no no no no no .... Your not sellin that thing.
    Your gonna get a gallon of resin and a small outboard motor and hit the lake with us. Don't go quitin' on us "boat folk" right after you find a bitchen cracker box. Sheeesh.

27. That aint a cracker box. Didn't they have v8 60's etc?

28. One of the other rodders in the building where my shop is,scored a complete 1956 chris craft.All the trim,emblems and 265 cu small block chevy are there!Restoration is planned,he's a retired cabinet maker.

29. meanirishmofo

meanirishmofo
    from Hi

[​IMG]I love old wooden Chris Craft's, This one is on ebay.

[​IMG]