Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rod & Kulture number 9. the best one yet!!...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kustombuilder, Mar 7, 2007.

1. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

and i'm not just sayin that cause i helped with it. Zombie and the crew have done a KILLER job with this issue. they brought on a new layout guy for this one and if this is any indication of his work i'm very excited for things to come. the whole damn crew did a great job on this one. i told Zombie there is moreto look at in this issue (and more WORTH looking at) than in any 5 issues of any other car mag i've seen. specificaly speaking of the "big name" mags (no offense to you guys in that field, you still do some nice work ). it's just that good. and to think it is only issue number 9 of a brand new magazine.

Oz's Merc is fabulous. in fact all the feature cars are great. Charlie Bull's 32 roadster had me REALY wanting a 32 Ford roadster for the first time ever. he absolutely killed it on the stance (in a good way) and i love everything about the wheels and tires. it's a ride that you could stand back and admire from 10 feet away for quite some time. it's just got a great overall look to it that i can't explain just yet.

i just can't get over how much great stuff is packed into this mag. and it's ALL color. i can't find a single page that does'nt have at least something worth looking at. i'm gonna need to order a second copy for the archives as i'm certain to wear this one out.

i'm not at all braggin about anything i had to do with. there are FAR greater things in this issue than my piddley contributions. the cars, the beautiful pinups. those are what i'm talking about. if you have'nt already, do your self a favor and pick up a copy. you'll not regret it.

did that sound like an advertisement or what?? i swear i'm not getting paid a penny to say these things. i just like it THAT much. sorry if i'm a little TOO enthusiastic.

Attached Files:

2. Chopper Demon

Chopper Demon

Finally got mine yesterday and I agree it is too cool!:D

3. Mike

Mike

Yup, lotsa good stuff in this issue, this mag has become one of my favorites. Nice coverage of the Ranch Run, especially the pic of the goofy guy in the Duece Tudor wearing a watch cap and Hank Marvin glasses.:)

4. Scott F.

Scott F.

Picked mine up today. When I brought it up to the check out at the book store, the girl says,"A friend of mine wrote the article on the Pile Up". I asked if she went to it, "No, he wanted me to, but I couldnt." I looked at the article, went back to her and said, "He's on the HAMB right?" She said 'yeah, that message board thing'. Nice job on the articles. This issue is kick ass.

Scott

5. publicenemy1925

publicenemy1925
    from OKC, OK

I have been waiting for mine. Dam mailman always reads my mags first. He needs a subsciption for his self.

6. L B

L B
    from So Cal

Where can I buy this magazine ?

7. The Anarkist

The Anarkist
    from Canada

ALWAYS a good mag!!

8. SICBOY

SICBOY

where can i pick up that mag at?

9. seldom scene

seldom scene

try Paras newstand 30th near university

10. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

very glad i subbed to it!!!i love this mag!!!!:cool:

11. seldom scene

seldom scene

There are a lot of cars belonging to HAMBers in this issue, good magazine!

12. teach'm

teach'm
    from Tucson, AZ

Although the article calls it a '32 roadster, it appears to be a 30/31 Model A based on the windshield area and the firewall. Great issue, almost time to renew the subscription again.

-Ryan

13. slamdpup

slamdpup

i buy all mags at booksamillion

14. oz kustoms

oz kustoms

ya I have to say to say it is my favorite magazine out, I've been fortunate to have been on the cover of issue #9 with my merc and on the cover of issue#7 with my 47 cad convert, but that's not why i like it so much, I have all the issue's and they keep getting better and better,the paper and the quality's awesome, not to mention traditional--traditional--traditional I think the mag is going to fast become are hot rod bible, but this mag has to be supported by all of us or it can go away as fast as it got here!!!!! ------oz welch ozkustom.com

15. Spike!

Spike!

Correct Ryan. My mistake, I titled it incorrectly with the body of the story being correct, calling it a "homely Model A Roadster". I should know better. Carry on. Blame the Editors... :D

Spike

16. hatch

hatch
    from house

I've got every issue.....finally got to see some of my work in this issue....thanks mongo!!

17. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

This really is my favorite magazine. Zombie and Spike and the gang are doing a great job. I like their taste in traditional rods and customs. There is no billet, no fluff, no 1-800-boyd mobiles. This month is great with Oz's Merc, and the '55 gasser. Jack Carroll's coupe is awesome and the icing on the cake for me is the Kelly coupe! Having seen this car a few times and meeting Bill Kelly and Gerry Christensen, this car is very special. You can tell this mag is a labor of love, keep up the good work!

18. LDNFAST

LDNFAST

yep just got mine at the mooneyes booth at autorama good mag....

19. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

would that have been Shawn at Barnes and Noble in Lansing??? have'nt talked to her in forever. i thought she was gonna quit there.

20. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

LOL. yer right. i knew that but when i wrote this i flipped the mag open and copied the title without actually thinking about it. DUH! :rolleyes:
    ...thats one of the articles i have'nt read yet. i'm just LOVING the stance and wheel/tire combo along with the color combo.

21. UPSrodder

UPSrodder

Don't subcribe to it, but pick it up when I can. Definitly noticed a difference in the look and the content. Excellent issue. Will be watching for the next installment to see if it continues on the right path. Great job. keep up the good work.

22. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

i had an extra copy sent to my mom that i ordered from thehotrodcompany.com. i'm sure they are not the only ones on the net sellin them.

23. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

Thanks to straykatkustoms .....:D

24. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

25. 55olds88

55olds88

yup its looking great, unlike some I won't mention. Landed the latedt issue last night and hope to have most of em sold by Monday.

26. springer

springer

I just subscribed yesterday. I got tired of waiting for Mongo to let me see his issues. The discount for being a Hamber was nice.
    Issue #9 kicked ass. Not just because my brother Mongo did the pics of the Pile Up or because my friend Kustombuilder did the article for the Pile Up and the tech article but because I thought all the feature cars were great. I can not think of one bad thing to say about the mag.

27. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

Great pics from the Radir Wheel Party ........ who the hell would have a party on a wednesday and get's over 800 cars

28. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

im just wondering when my first issue will arrive...i can find a receipt on when i subbed up but i bought it and a t and saved good coin with me membership!!got the shirt a long time ago...im just waitin on the mag now! thanks much...
    todd:)

29. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

try emailing them: [email protected] or giving a call: 661-852-0106

30. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

funny story!:mad: my wife was sittin here when the email popped up!!thats when she informed me i had 3 mags out in her car, and she thought this was one of them! yeah, i got it like 3 weeks ago and she forgot to bring them in!
    so thanks, but my wife is at fault!!!:D finally she's to blame for something!!!yippie! now im off to bed to read it from cover to cover!:)