Register now to get rid of these ads!

Cup holders

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by brokenspoke, Mar 7, 2007.

1. Bull

Bull

2. Cup holder? Tell the old lady to hold your drink and keep her mouth shut too. Cup holders... geez you guys kill me. :rolleyes:

Ladies, put the knives down - I was just joking. Seriously, put the knife down.

3. BinderRod

BinderRod

I guess cup holders are not as bad as a Kleenex dispenser.

4. GooGooMuck

GooGooMuck
    from Tacoma, WA

Well if it was a long lonely trip.....

5. Ramblur

Ramblur

6. BAAAAH HAHAHAHAHAAH!!!

7. Moonglow2

Moonglow2

This is probably a wild idea but cannibalizing the tray out of a used CD player might be a start. I got the idea from an early one that was not motorized. You just pop the release button and slide it out. It's just a thought. When I go cruising I hate the fact I have no place for a cup at say, a Sonic Drive-In.

8. when i was little, there was a discount store we used to go to and they had drink holders on the carts that said "enjoy a coke while you shop". they were made of wire with the saying on a metal tag. i have been looking for one of those for a long time in antique stores and whatnot with no luck. that wuold be THE drink holder for a hot rod in my opinion. if anyone knows where i could get a couple of them please pm me . thanks mike

9. 29 sedanman

29 sedanman
    from Indy

My Dad has one of these and I have always looked for one also but have not found one. They are cool. If I can ever think of it I will try to get a picture of it.

10. Now you've got me started.I've got a bunch of worn out "forged" aluminum rods from our 540" KB,they make great column drops,exhaust hangers,and (why not ?)cup holders.:eek:

11. When not in use, i put it in my pocket

[​IMG]

12. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

C cup or D cup?

13. BigDanF4i

BigDanF4i

This is simply a great thread.

I like the idea of using an old oil can or a connecting rod, weld a peice of wire to the bottom to let the can rest on and presto.

but the $135 peice, if that was my only option, i'd get used to drinking from 20 ounce bottles and throwing them on the passenger seat

14. I've got the older looking style of these, but I haven't tried em yet. I need to install one, my duct tape cup holder isn't working well.

Thanks,
    Kurt

Attached Files:

15. Goztrider

Goztrider
    from Tulsa, OK

If you can find a rod with the journal diameter of about 3.25", you can use an old center cap/hub cover from an old mag wheel. Drop it in place and then set you cut inside it. Might even spot weld it on the bottom backside so's the cap'll stay put.

16. stealthcruiser

stealthcruiser

Your hand doesn't count!:D

17. I think these are stylish...

[​IMG]

18. Thats What The Female Passenger Should Be Holdin Onto With Her Right Hand While The Left Hand Is Busy

Paperdog

19. Gigantor

Gigantor

:D Damn Groucho - you got some fat fingers.:D

20. ...I use 2 soup cans screwed to a peice of 1x6 board, set them on the floor in front of seat, never move around. Also made some that swung out from under the dash when needed. Lots of people recognize my cars now cuz of my drink holders.

21. LOOKS LIKE A PLACE FOR THE ALLIANCE TAG TO BE MOUNTED THAT WOULD MOVE TO THE NEXT RIDE..
    PAPERDOG

22. El cheapo deal....hang on the edge of the window....cost about a buck at some estate sale. Only holds smaller size drinks. Can remove and place under seat.

Oh, did someone say they wanted to see a Kleenex holder??? This ain't the chrome one under the dash. (I know......no kleenex holders in a hot rod)

How about an old style oil filter housing that swings back under the dash?

Attached Files:

23. ray

ray
    from colorado

this thread sure shows who REALLY drives their rod. cupholders are a necessity if you drive. soda spilled on new white tuck n roll because you don't have a cupholder may be traditional, but it ain't very cool.

24. My grandma has a set of those aluminum cups, all different colors.. I remember at thanksgiving she'd load them up with so much ice you could hardly hold them.. good times.

25. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

I guess you only have two pedals..... :rolleyes:

and you too... :eek:

26. 1Bad67

1Bad67

Might be busy, if you don't have a date :)

27. BriggsBodied28

BriggsBodied28

2nd the vote for the SAAB dash mounted cup holder. They tuck away nicely and they're just plain a cool mechanism if you dig that sort of thing like I do (mech. engineer by trade).

=Chad=

28. BriggsBodied28

BriggsBodied28

:D Dude - just about shot coffee out my nose. F'in funny!

29. make sure you have your driver license pic taken while wearin this so they won't argue about its use..:)

paperdog