Register now to get rid of these ads!

Gary Meadors 300

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Scott K, Mar 5, 2007.

1. Scott K

Scott K

Photo spread - May 2007 issue of Street Rodder.

Nice car....tasteful and classy. Definately not a typical Hot Dogs by Floyd piece.

2. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

pretty cool. not sure if i woulda bother with the Viper suspension and not used the Viper motor but what the hell. i'm actually glad they kept the original HEMI though. it's a nice lookin car for sure. simple, understated, clean.

a shame that it was a rare original manual shift car and it has a damned automatic in it now.

3. Scott K

Scott K

I was kinda bummed that the manual trans got replaced, but I can understand.
    The Viper V-10's are cool, but every one I've ever seen installed in a normal car looked like a hack job. They're just too long.
    O/T - There's a 41 Plymouth on the bay right now with one in it...not good. Interior is really messed up.

Never liked the sound either..kinda like a cow farting.

4. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

Its hard to go wrong with a black 55 or 56 Chrysler hardtop-- Exner had the "Million Dollar Look" down pat, and the 300's are just plain cool!

5. Mike

Mike

That car used to run around here in Phoenix in kind of "crusty" condition. It looked pretty cool then. I'll have to get my hands on a copy of Street Rodder and see how good the car looks now.

6. Huh?

7. GreggAz

GreggAz

the car was built by hot rods by boyd.... and it looks more refined than most of his stuff.

I put up a post on this car after the Phx goodguys show, and Kirk was the only one who knew about it. I talked to Gary at the grand national roadster show, and he said that it is back at boyds for new wheels, and some other redos.

8. the-rodster

the-rodster

It IS a beautiful car.

High dollar, yes, but Gary will probably drive the piss out of it.

One thing I noticed, six lug wheels, do all Vipers have six lug?

Rich

9. Scott K

Scott K

"One thing I noticed, six lug wheels, do all Vipers have six lug?"

Yes. A remnant of the days when Viper shared parts with the Dakota truck. Apparently, you need 6 lugs to keep the wheels on if you have 500hp :cool: . Somehow everyone else manages to do it with 5.

"and he said that it is back at boyds for new wheels, and some other redos."

The wheels that were on it for the photo shoot did nothing for the car. All his other mopars (almost) have Chrysler wires on them. Black car, wire wheels, would give it a little more pop.

10. gtnrkix

gtnrkix

Could somebody post a pic of this thang? I gave up Street Rodder for lent. Gary M. has always had a cool ride.

11. J'st Wandering

J'st Wandering

So, the wheels that are shown in the magazine are the new wheels or have they been changed with something else? I just paged through the mag. at noon and my impression was nice car and the rims suck. Just don't do it for me unless I need to agree to be cool. But then, what do I know?

Neal

12. Here's a few pics of how it looked the weekend of the GNRS:

Attached Files:

13. KIRK!

KIRK!

I'm not a fan of the wheels either. Some nicely dressed steelies would make it a timeless piece.

Other than the wheels, I do like it but I've only seen it once, driving, from about 50 yards away.

Yes, Gary fully intends on driving the shit out of it. I'd guess 6-10 events in 2007 at least. That means to the event and back home. Like him or not, he drives more than pretty much anyone on here.

14. blown49

blown49
    Member Emeritus

More than Denise?????????:rolleyes: :D

15. 53burb

53burb

One of the nicest cars that I have seen come out of Boyds and it is simple looking. I agree with Kirk. Wheels have to go. KNUX!

16. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Yep, great looking car... Exner did have a style about him, didn't he?

Wheels... I think sometimes it is hard for someone so close to a car to realize that expensive new wheels don't always trump nicely restored original running stock... I think that one would look great with OEM style wheels and tires.

17. I like Gary real well but that statement isn't likely I don't own a show car. Rod = transportation always has an always will.

18. KIRK!

KIRK!

Actually it is a pretty valid statement. He drives a rod or custom every day. Yep, every day. The newest car he owns is a '72 El Camino. I should know, he parks right outside of my office window every day.:D

19. 53burb

53burb

Kirk. Tell him to come over to the Dark (HAMB) side. Better yet, you see that thing parked outside, do a wheel swap on him and show him the light!!!!!!!!!! KNUX!

20. Ok so he owns a newer car than I do. What's your point?

I understand your need to fluff but your statement is only valid when you're around folks that have a late model to drive and a rod to be cool in. Some of us (probably more than you think) just don't live that way.

21. KIRK!

KIRK!

Now I'm confused. I wasn't making a point about how new his newest car is. I was making the point that he drives only old cars.

Do I know that some guys here only have old cars too, yes I do. But by no means are they the majority. So, since you are the most hard core rodder around, do you put 20,000+ miles on your rod each year going to events IN ADDITION to driving it every day? Do you drive your roadster from California to Indy and back, and then another one of your cars from California to Columbus and back just a few weeks later? Yeah, yeah, I know us regular Joes have to work.

If so...rock on!

I was, and am, in no way discounting anyone's hot roddiness on the HAMB. The statement was made that Gary would probably drive the shit out of that car. I was simply agreeing with the statement and giving the reason why I agreed.

Lighten up Francis!

22. KIRK!

KIRK!

Oh and if the statement about me needing to fluff meant "kiss ass". I say FUCK YOU, I don't kiss anyone's ass. That is one of the reasons they trust my opinion and trust me to make decisions here. I'm the "no man" around here, if anything. Besides Gary doesn't read the HAMB, so why would I care to kiss his ass HERE, if I felt the need to do so at all?

This post should stay on track about the car.

23. 53burb

53burb

Have you 2 every played on-line chess before? KNUX! So Kirk, ya gonna change them wheels for him or what?

24. KIRK!

KIRK!

He told me a while back that he wanted to change them. I'll definitely do what I can to steer the decision.

25. old beet

old beet

Does Gary ever work on his own cars?????????............OLDBEET

26. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

Gotta agree. But keep in mind, the car WAS built at Coddington's shop. ;) hahahaaa

Looks freaking PRIMO to me. Not 100% sold on the red guts instead of tan, but I like it for what it is. A solid driver with the right looks.

-----

Anyone got more pics of this car?

Attached Files:

27. KIRK!

KIRK!

How many lame side bars do we need on this thread?

Anyway, no, he doesn't. He'd be the first one to tell you that too. That's not the part of the hobby he likes. We are the minority when it comes to that. Me, I like the build more than the driving. Ask my wife. She is always pissed when I spend a year working on a car only to sell it before it's done.

AGAIN, back to the thread.

28. 53burb

53burb

Funny thing is, I watch that show all the time and see that car always sitting in the background while the others have a deadline on them. I like the outcome of his car other than the one's that are on a time factor to get done. Just my .02 KNUX!

29. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

Kirk, tell him I like his taste in Mopars, especially the '57. I'm about to own a '57 hardtop in red/white. :cool:

-Danny

Attached Files:

30. KIRK!

KIRK!

Danny,

One of the cool things about working here is that we can cruise Gary's cars to events or whatever. When I do, my choice is always the yellow Plymouth you posted. It still rolls the original flat-six!