Register now to get rid of these ads!

Barris now works in gas station!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by twochops, Mar 3, 2007.

1. publicenemy1925

publicenemy1925
    from OKC, OK

Dude, George is taking it out back for a carwash, The deanster paid a extra ten bucks for a wash and vac. Did George invent carwashs to?

2. Thats funny no matter who you are.:D

3. glenn33

glenn33
    from Browns, IL

Hmmmm, the last time I saw Georgie he was signing cleavage at Rock N Rods On Rt 66 last summer....Great show by the way....

4. The last time I saw him was at Back to the 50's... He took my picture and promised me a part in his next movie.

I bet it's going to be "The Fast and Furious Rebel Without a Cause"

I'm ready for my close-up Mr. Barris...

JOE:cool:

5. He invented photoshop! Evel and I we're hanging out at his shop once and saw some pictures laying around that he was cutting (with scissors) himself out of to put in to other pictures...
    George was on the phone when Evel pointed them out. We just laughed queitly.

6. Now THAT is ol' skool...

Especially if the scissors had a round tip...

JOE:cool:

7. HydroClyde

HydroClyde

I guess that's where the term "cut and paste" came from....

Funny thread....tough crowd...glad the only thing I invented was the internet or you'd be givin me a hard time.

Al Gore

8. AZAV8

AZAV8
    from Tucson, AZ

That's the way it usually is in a partnership. You have the talented one (Sam) to make the successful product and the PR-salesman one (George) to sell the product to the public. Sam and George did it right. It's too bad George and us lost Sam so early. Imagine what kind of cars would have been produced by that partnership. WOW.

9. twochops

twochops

I'm pretty sure the photos I posted are of Barris. I bought them off of e-Bay from two brothers -- Hector and John. They said that for an extra $140 they would guarentee that it's a Barris.-------------

TwoChops

10. Naw . . . can't be Al Davis. He'd first have everybody in Oakland pump his gas, then everybody in Irwindale, then everybody in Los Angeles, then back to Oakland to have the poor bastards try it again. Lots of people 'pumpin' for Al before he does the work . . . :D The only 'pumpin' Al's doing is to all the city officials who make him sweet deals to take his team to their town -- then he does the same thing to the fans who support him. I'd say he's alot better at it than Barris . . . higly skilled.

Hmmmm . . . now if somebody could get a picture of Barris pumpin Al . . . that would be sumpin that just might make the Enquirer . . . 5 years from now when Britney finally grows some hair . . . Whew -- too much coffee today for me -- better get into the workshop and actually accomplish something of value :eek:

11. WHAT IS THE STATUTE OF LIMITATIONS FOR INSURANCE FRAUD
    the" lil bastard" did not just disappear it was stolen... the king told me so at btt50's last summer.
    maybe he was gettin gas to bring up the street to the custom with the hood up in the pic...
    paperdog

12. moefuzz

moefuzz

For once I have to agree with Al, """Tough crowd""

laughing my ass off.

13. Appleseed

Appleseed

No, no, no! How many times do I have to tell you guys, it's called
    "The fast and the rebelious; furious without a cause. Barris pays me a dollar a week to mow my lawn so I should know.

14. twochops

twochops

--------------------------------------------------------------
    Barris pays you a dollar a week to mow your lawn?
    He sounds like he's trying to a nice person.

15. Appleseed

Appleseed

That's cause I'm a hell of a guy and he dosen't know any better.

16. Oh stop it. I've never seen George Barris wearing an Ermine Robe.

The one thing they have in common is their megalomania. Otherwise they're fine.

(The Raiders are our secret shame. We're just waiting for Al to die. Just waiting.)

17. Agreed. We have all benefitted one way or another from his hustle. Even if it's just to look at all the photos he took along the way.

18. sololobo

sololobo

I have often said, Oh! if I had a lot of money and recognition it wouldn't change me a bit!! But I havent had the big bucks flow in yet, but since I'm a retailer with a lot of people coming thru my store I end up being a well known dude. (In my mind anyway) I can't imagine what a jerk I would be if I had a little success. I prefer to remember Sam and George as I met them in thier shop in 1961 and they were just way cool guys. I kind of get a kick out of George wearing the big ass designer look shades, he has created a style that he likes and there is no mistaken him when you see him. I see plenty of way cool rides with his signature on the dash etc. so in spite of us ribbing him a little, he is a national treasure, if you don't think so, just ask him. Long live the Barris name!!!-Sololobo

19. lesabre59

lesabre59

he invented Global Warming to, didnt he?