Register now to get rid of these ads!

Saving Youtube videos

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chebby belair, Mar 1, 2007.

1. Chebby belair

Chebby belair
    from Australia

Digging the thread on the cool hotrod movie on youtube:

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=165673

Got me thinking about saving these things on my system for later viewing if the stuff gets pulled, which seems to happen - suzie the little blue coupe as an example.

Can someone tell me how you can save for later viewing. I can live with the small screen size.

2. 53Heavy

53Heavy

You can save them by going to youtubex.com. You'll see a box about half way down the page. Copy and paste the address for the video you want and click get video. It will then prompt you to save the video to your computer.

3. Chebby belair

Chebby belair
    from Australia

Thanks!

4. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

You'll also have to download their free player if you want to view them off your computer. It's on the same youtubex.com webpage.

5. hotrodmatt

hotrodmatt

If you have Firefox get the Video Downloader Plug In. That'll let you save the movie (change the file extension to .flv).

Then get Super ©. Which will convert them to MPEG or WMV so you don't have to watch them as flash videos.