Register now to get rid of these ads!

Engine turned. Who is Interested?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Low, Feb 28, 2007.

1. Low

Low

Recently I have come across a way to make full 4x8 sheets of engine turned material. I can get alumminum, stainless and copper. My question is, is anyone here interested in buying pieces of engine turned material. I was thinking in 12"x48" 24"x48" or 24"x24" sections. This will make it easy to ship, and will cover just about anything you could use it for. I think that even firewall size pieces would be ok to ship. If anyone is interesed let me know and I will get back to you with prices as soon as I figure out what it will actually cost to make. Naturally the more I can sell the better the price will be. Anyways just throwin it out there to see if anyone is interested.

Sam

2. rabidcustoms

rabidcustoms
    from Iowa

I'm interested...what size swirls are you going to have avalible? getting about close for a firewall sized piece, and maybe a few smaller ones for some interior detail stuff.

3. elwood blues

elwood blues

4. raffman

raffman

I've been buying from FPM metals, their're work is great but a little pricey. If you can be competively priced with them you'll get plenty of business

5. 40Tudor

40Tudor

Put me down as a definite maybe for stainless. It all depends on pricing.

6. Terry

Terry

How funny that this would come up now. I've been looking for some. I'd be interested!

7. Interested in some that mimicks the '64 SS panels.

8. Degreaser

Degreaser

I'm interested also if the pricing is reasonable. I will need a few small items, a few medium sized and a firewall, all stainless. PM me when you know more.

9. Bull

Bull

Possibly interested here too.

10. Low

Low

Cool. I am glad that there is an interest in this. Right now I am just in the planning stages for doing this so it may take a couple of weeks before i can actually produce these. Obviously the HAMB price will be better than just someone off the street. Let me crunch some numbers and hopefully i can get a price idea by tonight.

Sam

11. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

More info please!

12. side_valve

side_valve
    Alliance Vendor

Great idea - keep us updated!

13. FLAT-TOP BOB

FLAT-TOP BOB
    HAMB O'dex Editor

i would be interested. maybe in some 4' x 8' sheets too

14. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

Keep us posted. I would like some too!

15. smokindave

smokindave

possibly interested in the copper stuff. Price? How easy would it be to fab a dash out of a sheet? Maybe some other interior pieces too.

16. Low

Low

I think that this would mostly be for panel insert type stuff. I mean you could use it to make whatever you want, but too much shaping would probably ruin the effect of the engine turning. Pricing will be coming soon, right now i am just getting an idea of how much interest there is in this.

Sam

17. what gauge/how thick?

18. Low

Low

It really depends on what you want. I am thinking about doing bulk in some thin stuff for trim panels etc.. and then depending on what people want doing made to order type stuff, again this all still in the initial fact finding stages production is at least a couple of weeks off.

Sam

19. You could probably put it in a sheetmetal brake with no problems, possibly roll it, too.

20. Low

Low

Absolutely you could do both of those things.

21. Smith79

Smith79

interested in some aluminum, i don't need it soon, so take care of everyone else first. thin stuff, it's going be used for the lack of interior in my car, size swirl would not matter as long as it is consistant piece to piece, hit me up when you get an idea of the pricing.

22. Low

Low

I will keep everyone updated on this, I am really excited about it and glad that you all are interested.

Sam

23. Depends on cost of course, but ya got me interested. I got some ideas for the inside of my Vette for starters. Maybe you can post a sample when you come up with prices?

24. cool.
    i'm probably gonna need a bunch in .125 for a sign we're building...
    keep us posted!

25. Busted Knuckles

Busted Knuckles

copper in door panel sizes please! doesnt have to be thick at all. Thanks

26. Brad S.

Brad S.

yummeh

27. I'm in for some copper if you have an array of swirl sizes.

28. poop

poop

Hey Low,

Sounds like a good thing!! I 'd like some copper and Aluminum.. I'll give yeah a call...

Light Roast

Poop

29. Low

Low

I will make some sample pieces, and get my camera out and post what this stuff is going to look like. This is all in my spare time, so it may take a few days to get the sample pictures up. As always patience is appreciated, and I will respond to your inquiries as soon as possible.

Sam

30. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

I would be interested in some 1/8" aluminum. 24x24 would do what I need