Register now to get rid of these ads!

Searching for an A ends with a Deuce....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Spark Plug, Feb 22, 2007.

1. Spark Plug

Spark Plug
    from Duvall, WA

My pops is at it again...dragging home another project. Guess I can't complain, at least I am getting to help select my inheritence now! :)

A quick background: Been working on a 29 Roadster (cut down sport coupe) for him. He's always on the lookout for Model As and has been on a kick to find a true roadster body. Just when I had him convinced that he either needed to buy a Brookville body or make due with the sport coupe (better leg room for his arthritec legs) a friend mentioned to us that his uncle was wanting to sell his 32 Sport Coupe. It was all over from there! Long story short, we went and had a look at it, granted its in pieces it is about 90% complete, fenders in great shape and body is solid.

It's getting drug home this weekend! Only one catch...the boss is making him take the 57 BelAir project to the swap meet in May! Which means I'll be patching floors and cleaning it up!

Thanks for letting me share.
    Chad

Also, I'd love to see any pictures of 32 Sport Coupes. I did a search a couple of weeks ago and came across some. Guessing there aren't very many being that it was such a low production qty body.

Attached Files:

2. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

Looking for an A found a Deuce, don't ya hate it when that happens!

3. Yo Baby

Yo Baby

Looks cool but you are gonna have to make that M2 front end go away.LOL

4. hellonwheels

hellonwheels

Exactly! Please no I.F.S. and discs on the sport coupe! :D

5. jusjunk

jusjunk
    BANNED
    from Michigan

The disks are ok cause brakes are nice but the ifs has to go.. i beam 11 inch disk kit rock and roll.......
    Dave

6. hotrodsneverdie

hotrodsneverdie

damn, good find! Hell, i'll give him my 31 roadster for it!

7. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

I'm sure some of the Deuce experts will chime in, but I'm almost certain a Sport Coupe is rarer than a Roadster. Hell, all the sport coupes I've ever seen were As..

NICE SCORE! :)

8. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

[​IMG]

Last year for this body style. 2911 were made. Most of them were V8s. Mine came with dual side mount spares and a luggage rack. Pretty spiffy for the heart of the depression. I'd have to ditch that muscrat suspension.:D

9. mazdaslam

mazdaslam

Too bad you could not find an "A",that sucks:rolleyes: . You'll have to make due with that bellybutton 32.Sucks to be you.........NOT!!!:D

10. racemad55

racemad55

Build a Jackman brothers clone!

11. In the US.......

We had 33 and 34 Sports coupes in Australia :cool:

12. The37Kid

The37Kid

Nice find! Thanks for posting the story & photo, what are the long term plans?

13. Spark Plug

Spark Plug
    from Duvall, WA

The MII is ony tacked in place and will definitely be the first thing in the scrap pile. The long term plan is to make keep it as a sport coupe, full fendered, painted steel wheels, probably a small block Chev simply because of cost and a T5. But like all plans it is subject to change as parts come available.

Keep it clean and simple.

14. Spark Plug

Spark Plug
    from Duvall, WA

Have any more pictures of yours that you can share? I'd like to see some side profiles and interior pics if you got any.

Thanks,

15. revkev6

revkev6
    from ma

hey cped, here's a pic of mine. I did the same thing, looking (aka settling) for a nice model a coupe body when I found this one. I'm pretty sure it start life as a sport coupe (i've seen in a ford book that there is a difference in the reveals on the windshield posts) my posts were cut off and my doortops tubed and welded shut. here she is now:

[​IMG]

any chance you could take a close up pic of the windshield posts for me? I've never actually seen another sport coupe in person to compare mine

16. JimSibley

JimSibley

Hey,You dont have a model a roadster, but I do.

17. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

Congratulations on the find, love them sport coupes, you wouldn't want to trade her off would ya. Got a 33 pheaton!

18. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here are a couple I have on hand. If you need any specific detail shots, just holler.:D

19. Spark Plug

Spark Plug
    from Duvall, WA

Awesome...I contemplated doing the same, cutting the door tops off and making a cabriolet, but after checking out the body and seeing how nice it is, with so few made I can't bring myself to do it.

As soon as it gets delivered on Saturday I'll snap some more detailed pics of the windshield area for you.

'33 Phaeton...hmmm...that would be nice, however, think I'll stick with the sport coupe for now.

20. revkev6

revkev6
    from ma

hey tommy, that one with the reveal on the windshield post is exactly like the nub I had left on my car. if I remember correctly the five windows are basically flat front at the bottom right? this would be my proof positive that I've got a sport coupe

21. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

This is a windsheild off a buddys B-400 it should be the same.

Attached Files:

22. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

Build the '32 version of DE SOTO's sport coupe! It's a fuckin' rad car!!!

[​IMG]