Register now to get rid of these ads!

Here's a stumper for ya... ID this tail/turn light

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Junkyard Dog 32, Feb 20, 2007.

1. I have no clue. I bought two of them off of Ebay 4-5 years ago and posted them on here way back then. I just dug them out and thought I'd run it up the flagpole again....

They are super old. Each with 3 seperate thick glass lenses which are swirled from being pressed in the mold, and a die cut cork back...

Any idea...?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

JOE:cool:

2. Eddiesixem

Eddiesixem

looks like some thing off an old travel trailer.....my buddy has something similar to that on his old air stream.......just a guess....

3. HeyMang

HeyMang

I believe that is an aftermarket accessory from a company called Telescopic. There were various ones made from a buttload of companies in the teens, 20's and 30's. They were put on anything and everything.

Bobby Green's bellytank blog has some pics of that particular brand/light too. He might be able to help you out some more.

4. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

Very symetrical...an arrow on either side....hmmmm...

Could they be from motorcycles???

5. That light you have is realy cool.
    Not to jack the thread but while everyone is looking. What are these ? I've got two like this and one that has an amber and green light facing 180 from each other.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

Probably for a boat......

7. Kinky6

Kinky6

Yeah, I think Heimz has got it. I have one of those lights, but I haven't looked at it in a while. I think that the Telescopic Co. was in Racine, Wis.

Do you also have the lamp housing, or just the lens? It looks like it was a add-on kinda gizmo for brakes and turn signals, before they were standard on all cars.

It would look great on a modified! :cool:

8. alleyoop

alleyoop

the last two are matker lights off a tanker traler aka alley

9. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

That turnsignal/stoplight setup is a nice one. One of the prettiest I've ever seen. It would be very trick on the back of a bobtail roadster mounted just above the fuel tank.
    As someone above said there were dozens if not hundreds of variations of these assemblies. I saw a turnsignal setup once on a late 20s Packard that was under the big sun visor above the windshield. It was a vacuum unit on each side holding a hang down lamp similar to old swinging RR crossing lamps but with a red lens at the rear and a yellow lens at the front. When you activated the turn signal the vacuum cylinder pushed the lamp out from under the visor and the lamp started swinging back and forth. Of course it was visible from the rear as well. If someone dreamed that up these days we'd think he had a little too much free time.

I have several of those odd little marker lights in the garage. The casting material is so cheesy they are cracking into a jillion pieces even though they are new never been used.

10. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A different style on the rear between the nerf bar bumper.

I love them.