Register now to get rid of these ads!

mag wheels on a 54 chevy

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cretin, Jan 15, 2007.

1. cretin

cretin

anyone got pics of mag wheels on a 54 chevy 2 door? trying to decide if i want to put mags on it or keep the steel rims.

2. chevrolee

chevrolee

Hello
    Unless you have changed the front end,stay with the steelies, I had mags on my 54/210/2dr, you have trouble keeping the lugs tight for one thing and it will steer alittle harder. I brokehalf dozen studs off/ the wheels were not unilugs. I went back to steelies and everything is kool again
    Chevrolee

3. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Hunhhh? Did you have the proper lugs? Were they a different size than stock? Sounds like the wheels weren't to blame....

4. chevrolee

chevrolee

I stsrted with 14"s on the front and 15" on the back, you know "big and little" then I went to 15"0n the front because of the steering. But the wheels were chev bolt pattern and the lugs were the right ons according to the tire center guys, but now I'm running the same size tires on steelies rims and all's well

5. Your post is so ignorant and ill informed that I don't know what to say? Obviously, you need some more wrench time. Zman was nice, I just call you a dumbass.

6. ray

ray
    from colorado

but but but the tire center guys said...

:D

7. 53burb

53burb

Go with this setup. Makes mags look like crap in my books. KNUX!

Attached Files:

8. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

steel wheels!
    unless yer after a street rod look?or stuck in the 70's

9. HEATHEN

HEATHEN
    from SIDNEY, NY

Depends on the rest of the car's look. Hot small block and a four speed? Torq Thrusts. Six with split exhaust and lowering blocks? Steel wheels and full covers.