Register now to get rid of these ads!

Willys Gasser build pics....from the 60's

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kiwi Kev, Dec 14, 2006.

1. check out the holes in the frame rail.....rad Awsome pics, thanks for sharing~!

Don

2. 2manybillz

2manybillz

If any body asks about gasser look or stance - this shot says it all - absolutely perfect.

3. Damn!!! Thanks for the trip back in time.....wish it was mine!

4. the best thread in a while!!!!!!

5. Damn, this makes me wish I didn't sell my willys coupe. But, there's a time & a place for everything. It was also my dream car & at least I can look at it as an accomplishment & a pleasure that I got to own a steal coupe 30yrs late (after the gasser era) Carl Hagan. Hope you do that coupe right, cadillackid.

6. Early Iron MC

Early Iron MC
    from DeSoto WI.

Wow I love Gassers, this site is great it brings back alot of great memories for me, here's a shot of my '64 Ford Falcon I had back in '78 I was building up the motor when this shot was taken, it had a straight axle in front a 9" in the rear, the ladder bars went from the rear end to the bellhousing area it had a top loader 4sd and a 429 super cobrajet that I stroke & bored to 477, I sold the car but I still have the motor for my next gasser.

Attached Files:

7. 6t5frlane

6t5frlane
    from New York

WOW Shiney Paint AND Shiney Wheels......I wonder if he knew that in 40 years he would be UN-Traditional...Just kiddin boyz. Ya gotta luv those pics and car

8. Ken P

Ken P

Thanks for those pics. I saved a few for my desktop collection. Since I'm new here I need to ask about repo fiberglass coupes. Are they considered to be crappola? I don't see many steel bodies for sale anymore but there are people like these guys who are making them in fiberglass www.willysreplacementparts.com Opinions? EDIT : Like this but Gasser style?

Attached Files:

9. A glass willys coupe will be the only way I will ever be able to afford another one. They're not all that bad. I just couldn't see doing a glass car if the steel ones are easily obtainable. But willys coupes, the glass option is almost the only option unless your setting on $20k just to buy a really rough steel body that everything needs done on. It's these types of cars which are impossible to find that makes the glass bodies a good option of having a car of that likeness. Carl Hagan

10. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

This thread rules.

11. Hey Ricky, here's an old pic of Pat's coupe but it was taken after he sold it to Hank who painted it red. Vic Young bought it from Hank and converted it into the "Bad News" Willys.
    [​IMG]

12. Early Iron...... That's cool that you still have your old engine. I still have the engine out of the Willys, well the shortblock anyway. It's a small journal 327 with forged 11-1 TRW pistons , Crane solid lifter cam, balanced etc.
    [​IMG]

13. The wheels polished up nice with a little elbow grease, I used steel wool and brasso. I kept these wheels when I sold the car and they will be going on my current project.
    [​IMG]

caseyajones likes this.
  14. Chris Casny

Chris Casny

Thats the "Bad News" Willys ???, how cool to get the history and to see the pictures.

15. Dreadman.....I have earlier pics of it than this , before it was a runner but it will take a while to locate them.
    Here's one from the day I brought my Willys home. My family laughed when they saw this pic. I guess I don't look that young any more. I do feel thet young inside though!!
    [​IMG]

caseyajones and hotrodtodd1960 like this.
  16. Chris Casny

Chris Casny

You have that "Back to the future" Michael J Fox thing going on.

17. Hey Ricky, here's another old Santa Barbara car you may remember. Ray Cordiero's [sp?] 34 coupe drag car. This is one of the full on race cars that you would see pull into the old cruise nights at Char West on upper State st.
    [​IMG]

caseyajones likes this.
  18. Here's a pic I took of it at the Antique nationals at OCIR. Ray turned this car into a fully fendered street rod in the late 80's with a big block Chevy for power and black paint. Ray was and is a super nice guy!
    [​IMG]

19. kratebike

kratebike

Kiwi Kev pics are THE BEST!

20. I sure am glad I took alot of pics over the years!
    [​IMG]

caseyajones and hotrodtodd1960 like this.
  21. Wow, those are some nice pics and great story!

22. ShakeyPuddin55

ShakeyPuddin55

Great pics! Keep them coming...

23. So am I.........schwing, getting a chubby here!!!:D

24. GREAT pics. I can't believe the guy didn't want the memories. I sell cars, but KEEP the pictures

25. First time I took it to the track I borrowed Ray's slicks from the 34. This is taken from an 8mm movie....
    [​IMG]

caseyajones likes this.
  26. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Thanks Kev for the pics. When you used steel wool and brasso was the wool 000?

27. Groucho....... I borrowed his pictures, copied them and returned them.

Ricky....... here are the old pics from about 1982 of when Pat King was building his coupe. The first 2 are how it looked from the freeway as you drove through Santa Barbara. I could have bought it at this stage for $2,500 but I needed a running car at the time so I got the 56.
    [​IMG]

caseyajones likes this.
  28. This is now the "Bad News" Willys owned by Vic Young. Under construction in the early 80's.
    [​IMG]

caseyajones likes this.