Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration The Photoshop thread to end all Photoshop Threads!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pair O' Dice, Oct 10, 2008.

1. bubblesbacon

bubblesbacon
    from wisconsin

OahuEli likes this.
  2. bob-o

bob-o

3. bob-o

bob-o

4. oldpl8s

oldpl8s

Can someone put the colors of the 1933 Plymouth (blue body & grill shell, black fenders & headlights & black on the panel under the door & cream colored wheels on my Austin pickup? thanks x1.jpg x2.jpg

Greenblade, ratfink56 and Peanut 1959 like this.
  5. Unclebrad

Unclebrad

replacing my first one with one with a little touch-up...

x1b.jpg

Last edited: Mar 26, 2023
  6. oldpl8s

oldpl8s

7. jnaki

jnaki

upload_2023-3-19_5-48-1.png
    Want to delete the lady on the left or the guy on the right, how about the lowered Studebaker with the large wheels? With the new Pixel 7 phone, it is built into the editing photos tab section. It is as simple as that. Clean up the photos the way it should have been cropped or taken time for setting the composition. Yes, it is hard to get the right moment at crowded car shows or gatherings. But for those that wait, the results can now be enhanced with a simple android phone editing feature.

No expert photoshop skills necessary, although,@themoose is the resident expert and his skills are outstanding !!!

Hello,

For all the enthusiast of this thread that want a hot rod photo without any background or distractions if a photo is taken at a car show or outdoor display, there is hope yet. I’ve had an Android phone since the beginning of dinky screen phones and the the start of flip phones. (My wife and I both had cute flipper phones) The Android system works well for us. But, due to family pressure, my wife is now an Apple Iphone convert because our son and his family all have Iphones.

As a matter of fact, I think I am the only one with an Android phone anywhere we happen to be at any moment. But, that is my choice as I like them simple and used for contacting services with messaging texts for others. Do I use the phone for photos? Yes, if I forget to bring my digital camera along for the ride. (some events just require a digital camera for discrete photos without sticking a phone in front of your face and others. )

But, it is not “break out the camera at the first thing in public,” like so many folks tend to do these days. For me, phone calls for services and text messages to others are useful these days. It is a phone, not a camera.

Jnaki

The latest Android phone is now on the market and a upgraded version is coming out soon. But for now, my current one is new and has the best application of photo editing/phone calls/emergency contacts, etc... of any program. For the new Pixel phone, the term Magic Eraser is used. Not, Magic Mike… but for photography editing.

Take a photo at a car show and undoubtedly, someone is peaking in the motor compartment or just standing around making the photo useless. Unless, of course, you have the latest Google Pixel 7 phone.

The Magic Eraser is just that. If a person is in the background in a nice beach/wave scene or steps into the frame of the only shot of the curling wave with offshore winds, usually we are out of luck. But, now, we have a choice using the Magic Eraser program.

Highlight the intruder and with a click of a button the person or thing disappears without a trace and the photo looks like a normal photo without tell tale signs it was tampered with, using editing marks.

Now, my latest Android phone is perfect in size and features, so it will be a while for a replacement. But, every time I see an ad for the new Pixel phone or read an article about the newest editing feature, it may be the next phone on the list, very soon. A long time ago, I did have a Google Android Phone and it lasted quite some time. But with the newest features on the next gen phones and a larger screen, an exchange was made. It has been like that ever since, like most folks that like a big screen, good MP photo camera and a solid text messaging service that is simple to use.

Two online topics to consider:

Pixel 7 camera: everything you need to know

Edit a photo on your Pixel phone

themoose likes this.
  8. Paint it black please..... FE2EF55D-4283-48A8-B415-7EC09E048523.png

9. oldpl8s

oldpl8s

I see a reflection of a van in the door. Do you get parts from other sources to use?

10. Unclebrad

Unclebrad

Yes, some parts are brought in from other sources. Another area of your Austin picture brought in from outside, besides the reflection, is the wheels. It was much easier to find a photo of another car, online, that already had clean, painted wheels, than to clean up the existing ones. (I did still have to change the color and do a little touch-up to them)
    And some areas are cloned from other areas in the original picture. For instance, the slats on the background wall needed to be fixed up by cloning other areas of the slats. Kind of a copy/paste thing with some blending.
    And, of course, some areas are painted "by hand".
    It can be a very time-consuming task, depending upon the request, but I (and the other guys?) like playing with the program, so usually look at it as a kind of recreation.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2023
  11. sodakmini

sodakmini

Can someone pic one of these shots and shop on some full flush mount fender skirts. I want to get rid of the black welting and the portion that raises up on the skirt. Straight from rocker to quarter. While your at it, maybe some lincoln premier caps and wide white walls. Thanks in advance F36CC025-B559-4E96-A978-3851B366C5AF.jpeg 5199D78A-BBC7-47AC-AD29-E4ACDAF0E765.jpeg B229511C-57D7-43C1-90F9-B700AA3795FA.jpeg

Last edited: Mar 28, 2023
    Greenblade and Gambler 1962 like this.

12. skirts.jpg

13. Unclebrad

Unclebrad

14. Just something I was messing with.
    1950-Stude-COupestock.jpg FB_IMG_1677610003370.jpg

15. bob-o

bob-o

16. Did they ever make crew-cab Econolines? :rolleyes: :D :cool: (just whistlin' in the dark...)

17. Clydesdale

Clydesdale

Could someone possibly try out an idea I've had?

Take the over riders and turn them 90 degrees then link them using the bar in between, then replace the center bar of the grille with said assembly?
    Might be easier to replace the bumper with a smooth one.

Thanks

J
    chevy front.jpg

Gambler 1962 likes this.
  18. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

Something like this? chevy front 08.jpg

jimmy six, Unclebrad and Clydesdale like this.
  19. Clydesdale

Clydesdale

Rot 'n Kustom likes this.
  20. madfish

madfish

@James D

I took a good redneck whack at it and came up with a Studeacuda.

Studacuda.jpg

21. Unclebrad

Unclebrad

I don't want to take away from the original modifications. They are beautiful.
    But I did play around with a very subtle change. Maybe not even worth putting it up, but what the heck. I extended the length, from the firewall forward, about 6". (Super easy in PS, of course.) I think it changes the balance a bit.
    Top - original. Bottom - stretched.
    FB_IMG_1677610003370c.jpg

22. madfish

madfish

@Unclebrad

Please, photoshop away. I did mine as a joke. James D did a nice rendition.

23. How about a full custom...It would be quite the project......

Custom.jpg

24. Quite like your take. I actually stretched the nose a little from stock already and lowered the headlights. It bothered me that the car curves down from the door back, but the front fenders were just very straight ahead along the top, so I added a downwards curve, so it matched and made a continuous line. Also pushed both axles forwards on the car, the front a little more than the back.
    It'd be a ton of work to duplicate it, but I don't need to worry about that part, so I just did it til i felt it was right.

Stude-overlay.jpg

Last edited: Apr 6, 2023
  25. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

5. Econoline crew cab stretched with wheels.jpg
    Definitely doable, maybe with a 5th wheel in the back.

Squablow, jimmy six, rod1 and 5 others like this.
  26. madfish

madfish

Last edited: Apr 14, 2023
  27. Oh, man...that would make a killer tow vehicle for a nostalgia funny car or circa-'66 Jr. Fuel car....

Nice job.

beater40 and OahuEli like this.
  28. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Thanks! With a frame that long it would be easy to stick a 460 in there too.