Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects THE KAYS SPEED COUPE

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Austin kays, Mar 4, 2023.

1. 35 36 Ford top and doors in the middle of a model "A" no 33 34 Ford in sight. The frame might work for you but you really need a 33 34 body. I'd shoot for a Model A roadster just need doors and decklid plus some odds and ends.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2023
    chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Tell you what John you pitch him 7 grand and I’ll personally make sure he gets a model 40 body on those rails.

3. This is a 33 34, you have a 35 36 Ford roof and doors and model "A" cowl and rear quarters.
    [​IMG]

chryslerfan55 and Jacksmith like this.
  4. clem

clem

so would these holes compromise the overall structural integrity of the frame and will you have to add boxing or strengthening plates ?
    Or just leave as is ?

chryslerfan55 and Stogy like this.
  5. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Yeah no shit? Roughly zero times did he say this was any part 33/34. It’s all 36 other than the A quarters and 34 frame rails.

he said it was going to be a salt racing style car like you would see a 33/4 built. Not that he’s trying to fool anyone into thinking that it was anything other than what it is. Seems everyone else understood that?

6. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

This frame has been this way since the 50’s under cars with way more power than this flathead will put out. Should be fine with a good center cross member in place

7. Austin kays

Austin kays

Tim said it well I have no intention on fooling anyone, jus making it look like a hard chopped salt style that you regularly see model 40s done as

8. Austin kays

Austin kays

And if the frame ends up needing some boxing I can do that too! :)

brEad, Stogy, clem and 4 others like this.
  9. AHotRod

AHotRod

@Austin kays .... dude, I love it ... your vision is "Spot-On" ... let your creativity fly like an eagle brother!

10. Yeah, man, I got it. And I love!!!
    Can't wait to see what Austin does with it!

11. [​IMG]

12. Seems there always has to be that one guy per thread !

13. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

This thing fucking rules

14. it may not be short enough but unless I am totally confused you already own a 40 ford rear with a shortened torque tube. :D its the truck rear to with the drive shaft integral to the pinion.

spend much time on the salt? LOL

15. Austin kays

Austin kays

56E6DC69-3108-4280-8182-2BC3D8FB61C7.jpeg well not much to report this week as ive been workin on my T coupe and a Joeys sweet roadster. But I did bring home something worth looking at and maybe even the Mill for this old jalopy idk time will tell as I do love my little flatheads. Its not a "belly button" like most. Ive drug home a running take out 265 with an eldebrock 3x2 and a neat mallory. Toying around with the idea of hopping up the 265 with some power pack heads, bigger cam, getting rid of the pulse oiling, and an open drive banjo and some kinda three pedal job to shift it.. what do you fellas think?

Attached Files:

16. Austin kays

Austin kays

Also John you can move on buddy if ya don’t like it that’s okay, but there was lots of odd balls and one offs that ran on the salt, I think this old girl would have fit in quite nicely in the 40s and 50s, but to say it would be laughed at is jus silly and un educated, how bout ya spend a little less time being a key board tough guy and go out and build something, show me how’s it’s done big fella

17. Hollywood-East

Hollywood-East

Dig it!
    Find a craigslist vertex, Always found around $2-300, that engine would be the nuts!
    No one ever knows if the mag your buying has advance...
    If ya ship it here I'll spin it on my machine an let Ya know what ya got ..
    Look'n Good Dog...$ Cheer's

18. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

That body has some very nice proportions !!!! I think it's already looking killer. Man with that packard nose it"s perfect. :cool::cool: Lippy

19. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

I just had a brain fart. What about a bellypan.?:)

Stogy likes this.
  20. Bass, Kevin Lee, Lucky, Scratch. The bar has been set, John is a dumbass. This car embodies the HAMB and is making parts work that shouldn't

Last edited: Mar 14, 2023
  21. Jacksmith

Jacksmith
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Aridzona

Y' know some schmuck is gonna give ya a raft of shit for the S.B.C. idea... not me but just wait! I.M.O., a 265 is more nostalgic than any run of the mill Chevy V-8. It's the original, 1st, pioneer, unsung hero engine that hardly ever gets used. A flat head would be tits... a Y-Block would be classy, a Cadillac or Olds would be bad ass... but you're on to something there! That car is what it's all about... Go man, go!

brEad, chryslerfan55, Stogy and 3 others like this.
  22. Austin kays

Austin kays

Thanks Tman those guys all build really great stuff, Im gonna keep on truckin.

chryslerfan55, Stogy, Outback and 4 others like this.
  23. Nailhead A-V8

Nailhead A-V8

( . ) ( . ) 's!!!...subscribed!

24. That my friend is a good offer. :cool:

Knowing how a mag is set up is not really an issue with him. He would be after a locked mag and some ass taught him how to tune without a light. ;)

never the less that is a damned cool offer my friend. if it happens I'll make sure he takes you up on it.

I don't think I would use that old 265 in the coupe. Just buy one of those 305s in a box from the chebby dealer. (rolleyes) then send that too small SBC to an older friend, he'll try his damnedest to make it square. :D

You are stayin busy, if not under your hood under someone else's. :cool:

Last edited: Mar 15, 2023
  25. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

He sure is! Hopefully we can pay back the helping hand this summer.

26. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

This pic is killer

27. Jacksmith

Jacksmith
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Aridzona

Yeah it is... argument for the flatty...

28. So, I just got home from a buddy's house. Had a fire going and a couple of beers. I open up the HAMB and click on Austin's build. I read this again and then I did just that!
    I queued up ZZ Top on Spotify. Hit La Grange and looked at the pic.
    Lol! Sometimes I amuse myself!!

29. Jacksmith

Jacksmith
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Aridzona

Uh-how-how-how-hhowww!!!

Stogy, Austin kays, Tim and 2 others like this.
  30. Austin kays

Austin kays

660EAD90-2B66-4683-92CE-A211461BEAF1.jpeg Little shop clean up yesterday and stripped a ton of old orange paint off these valve covers but I see why they were painted, they have some rust and fine Brillo pad scratches it appears but they may polish up a little more,

Attached Files: