Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features See Seattle Speed Shop!

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by J.Ukrop, Jan 13, 2023.

1. Guys,

I had to take some hours today to reflect and think about what I wanted to say here. This is a bit overwhelming for me.

It's a really weird feeling seeing my little speed shop's name on the front page of the Jalopy Journal in the article written by @J.Ukrop and in the freaking Rodders Journal about the Lemondrop. Also by @J.Ukrop.

I can't put a label on the emotions it brings me.

I think about it, and it just feels... surreal.

Is this happening?

Seattle Speed Shop started out as just a name for a Instagram account selling car parts. I never intended to start a youtube or anything like that. But when I moved from my house into my first commercial space and started having people over to the speed shop, it quickly became apparent I was onto something by all the comments from everyone that came by. I don't really know exactly where it's headed. But I have a general course direction and I hope we can realize some of my goals in 2023.

Fairly recently a few people have reached out and told me that my truck has influenced them to try and do the same. I guess I didn't really realize that it was influential on that level? I mean, I know it's "cool". But its not like it's a 32 roadster(which I would also drive daily) or any roadster. Or even a coupe. My usual response to a gas station strangers praise is "thanks, but it's just an old truck"

I don't know....I'm rambling and I apologize.

What I want to say, is that all these comments and the article from Joey are inspiring. I want to do better and more and "spread the gospel". I love hot rods to my core. Obsession isn't a powerful enough word. They are my life. Hot rods drive me to get up in the morning and keep me up at night dreaming. They power me to work through endless days. Sift through literal tons of metal looking for that one special piece. And to take on the days when you're on the road at 5am and don't stop till the job is done and your head hits the pillow far past any sane time.

I guess what I am saying is thank you. Thank you for the encouragement and patronage. Thank you for the inspiration to do better. To be the best we can be. And thanks for being my friends. The hamb really is a brotherhood and this place has changed my life in so many incredible ways and I will forever be thankful.

Matt

Seattle Speed Shop

2. Smokeshow

Smokeshow

I think both Matt's need to do a crossover picking episode and need to bring the shop dogs. Heck you could make some sort of colaboration shirt with Charlie and Moon on them and I bet people would love them :)

41 GMC K-18 and Hitchhiker like this.
  3. Smokeshow

Smokeshow

I really like the S.S.S episode and want to see more! It's really cool to see others shops and their parts stashes. That really is hallowed ground for most car guys and thats not something that is to be taken for granted. You have a great set up and I am glad to see some PNW guys on here :).

41 GMC K-18 and Hitchhiker like this.
  4. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

@Hitchhiker been enjoying watching along. Thanks for all the effort in making those videos happen! If I may be so bold to make a suggestion, the intro seems to be much longer than most if not all similar channels such as RAC etc. I kind of lose interest quickly, others may enjoy it though. Once again thanks.

Tim likes this.
  5. Yes! That long intro annoys the shit out of me! To be honest, when I did that one, I wasn't sure what I was doing. And it was kinda the best I could do at the time.

I've got another now, that is down to about 16 seconds that I will be using from here on out. I do appreciate the constructive criticism. So don't think you were stepping on my toes or anything! Thanks for watching!

41 GMC K-18, panhead_pete and Tim like this.
  6. Oh [email protected] need that Bardahl fender cover in your avatar! Haha

Thanks for watching!

41 GMC K-18 likes this.
  7. What do you think @IronTrap? Moon and Charlie cruising in a hot rod?

41 GMC K-18 and Tim like this.
  8. IronTrap

IronTrap

Haha that would be killer!

41 GMC K-18 likes this.
  9. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

"it's just an old truck"
    No way. JMO

10. Matt, that should be a good use of that engine! I’ve had seller’s remorse at times about that one but it will be put to good use.

11. J.Ukrop

J.Ukrop
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

IMG_9096.jpg
    To fully illustrate how much @Hitchhiker has helped me, I was just realizing that I forgot to mention that he hooked me up with one of my favorite pieces of my car: the old chrome Model A front timing cover. Growing up, my dad used to say, "Not available at any story at any price." That's what I thought about a part like this. You can't find them anywhere. Alas, when I asked Matt about it, he pulled one from his stash. That's a great friend and a great person to have on our side.