Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures Movie of the week: Diesel Powered Slot Cars?!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Dec 8, 2022.

1. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

VANDENPLAS, Tim, Chucky and 4 others like this.
  2. 210superair

210superair
    from Michigan

Ha, thats awesome. I bet the fumes were indeed the killer of this idea. At our state fair, which they hold at the Nascar track right by my house now, and there's a ten lane 24th scale setup you can rave for a few tickets.

I have a nice little 4 lane setup in the basement and me and my buddies and our sons go down there in the winter and get our race on! I actually dropped some nice coin on 8 new cars for the kid for Christmas. Can't wait to run um.

VANDENPLAS, Tim and Chucky like this.
  3. Awesome! Those look fun. On the same note, slot cars are growing in popularity again. we have a place opening in our mall with 2 or 3 tracks as well as room for the RC guys

VANDENPLAS likes this.
  4. And it sounds like the design for these "aluminium" cars was also "pay-tented"!
    :rolleyes:

VANDENPLAS and James Smithereen like this.

5. About 8 years ago I gave my buddy all my slot car stuff. 385ft of four lane Carrera track that I had set up as a loose copy of the Nurburgring, with all the related goodies to keep full power to every inch of that bitch. Had over a hundred classic vintage F1 cars. He has a huge heated attic and enough grand kids to chase de-slots. I had a freezin' warehouse. Nobody wanted to play in the cold...:(, and those 60ft walks to re-slot the de-slots was gettin' old too..lol. If I ever add up what I had in that 'little' hobby, I'd probably slap myself into a coma.

6. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Cool. I’d love to see a cutaway and design of those engines.

VANDENPLAS and seb fontana like this.
  7. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Cool idea, but the video was a bit of a letdown as it featured a music soundtrack instead of letting us hear what diesel slot cars sound like.

8. I have a diesel powered tether car.

VANDENPLAS and 210superair like this.
  9. 210superair

210superair
    from Michigan

I got my best buddy's kids a carerra digi setup for Christmas, sitting under my tree as we speak. Neat stuff but requires so much room for a cool layout.

There's a vid on yt where they did a 24 hours of le mans with carerra stuff, and actually ran for 24 hrs. Pretty awesome
    Screenshot_20221208-200453_Chrome.jpg

VANDENPLAS and Tim like this.
  10. Would of loved to hear those little diesels ripping around

cool

11. 210superair

210superair
    from Michigan

Mama got me a display case for the slots for Christmas... Me and the kid been at it a lot over Christmas vacation... Slot cars rule.

Here's a shot of the 32 scale track I got my best buddy's kids too
    IMG_0325.jpg

20221225_140713.jpg 20201223_130422.jpg