Register now to get rid of these ads!

Haven't posted in a while but...

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by OldCarPilot, Nov 27, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OldCarPilot

OldCarPilot
    from Bel Air MD

I've been on the HAMB for about 20 years. I posted a thread about an s10 frame swap and got killed for it. Have the rules changed that we can't ask tech questions about a custom build like that? The history of hot rodding is all about swapping new into old and vice versa.
    Again I haven't posted in quite a while but never got shit on so much for a simple question that once would have been met with really good information from people who have done it in the past.

wingnutz likes this.
  2. dan c

dan c
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

i'm sure that pix of cuban survivor cars have been posted before and nobody complained. can't get more "hybrid" than those relics!

3. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

4. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

So much easier to change plans than get HAMB standards changed.

impala4speed, clem and SS327 like this.

5. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

As long as you're running a 350, you're fine.

scotty t, Country Joe and Dustin 257 like this.
  6. OldCarPilot

OldCarPilot
    from Bel Air MD

Well thanks for the info. I can't tell you how many people told me to put my 53 Chevy on an S10 frame back when I was building that about 12 years ago. Many of them from this very website.

scotty t likes this.
  7. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

@OldCarPilot

Change is the only guarantee. Welcome back

8. what WOULD be a good website for this info?

9. The only thing I will say is that it's a damn good thing that your car isn't inspected as part of membership requirements here, because I'd bet the skin on my nutsack that 75% of the members cars here wouldn't pass that inspection. The difference is, we don't discuss the "untraditional" parts lmao! My wife's truck is on an S-10 frame, I just don't advertise it.

10. Lloyd.
    Nobody wants the skin off your sack. Just sayin'.
    To the OP -
    What are you working on? The same '53?

11. oliver westlund

oliver westlund

I know, its comical...ill be scrolling along and then theres disc brakes and rack n pinion hahaha gah! I actually try to build traditional rods with traditional parts and methods

12. Tons on info on the net.
    A google search will even bring up this place.
    Several FB chassis swap pages
    IG

Lloyd's paint & glass likes this.
  13. I find it simpler to say and do what I want here and let Moriarity use his delete button. Not only his job, but his pleasure....;)

RMR&C, scotty t and fastcar1953 like this.
  14. The ax man cometh

15. I’ve gained a lot of info from the hamb but don't let @Lloyd's paint & glass inspect my cars:D. Just use discretion and you’ll be fine.

16. Bikelessbill

Bikelessbill

Seems like the average person can't ask or talk about anything past the 60's but the regulars on here have free speech. Sounds like it probably hasn't changed much while you were away. I don't ask questions any more sense I also got in trouble like the OP.

17. It all depends on the car! Some cars scream for a traditional build, you can't have independent front suspension on an open wheel car, unless you're stupid i guess? Model A or 32 Ford on a late model chassis? Looks like a dog tird spread across grandma's living room rug, nobody wants to see that shit. Sometimes you can hide that stuff under a cool car, but some old cars are just meant to ride, drive and stop like an old car.

Thor1, scotty t and anthony myrick like this.
  18. Oh no... not THIS thread again. :(

19. Preach!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. I don't think it matters who asks it? Seems like if it doesn't fit into the rule book it usually gets nixed. I'm in awe that @Moriarity hasn't dropped a hammer on this yet

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.