Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures Mo-Kan Dragway in 1965

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Nov 15, 2022.

1. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber submitted a new blog post:

Mo-Kan Dragway in 1965

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

2. That’s cool! Thanks for sharing! I had never been to that track before the HAMB drags. Fun track for sure.

Sancho likes this.
  3. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Very cool

guthriesmith likes this.
  4. Junior Stock

Junior Stock

First went to MoKan in 1979. That tower was still there but I think the bottom was enclosed by then. Time slips were dropped down a tube from the top and into a box that you had to sort through to find yours. Had the E.T. on it and a number for the mph that you had to look at a chart on the wall for the mph that matched that number.

tractorguy and Tman like this.

5. das858

das858

A really fun track to race at , well run too !

6. As a college student at Pittsburg, we'd go every chance we got. Here's a couple shitty pics from my Instamatic camera from fall 1968. The first is Chevy So Fine and the second is Chevy T, both from KCMO. Note how we sat on the grass close to the strip.
    Chevy So Fine.jpg Chevy Tee.jpg

Tman likes this.
  7. Bump for the night crowd. Also, this is the car we raced at Mo-Kan, power pac 283, three-speed with floor shifter. 57.jpg

8. silverdome

silverdome

You know this begs the question, Are the HAMB Drags on for this year? My grandchildren have been asking about them regularly.

9. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Not for 2023... It's my last summer with my daughter before she goes off to college... so we will be spending it in Hawaii.

Finn Jensen and Tman like this.
  10. silverdome

silverdome

Right on, family first.

11. This has me asking a question, I've been to every HAMB Drags, and every SPAM Drags, The SPAM Drags are basically the same format as the HAMB Drags, but they don't draw the crowd that the HAMB Drags did, Why? The SPAM Drags are still good, but not like the HAMB Drags. I give Carl and crew credit for doing what they do though.

12. Queen City Speed Shop

Queen City Speed Shop

Been going to MoKan for H.A.M.B. Drags and a few other events at the track for 8-10yrs now. Living in the midwest, but coming from CA, it's really cool to see these tracks that seem to be locked in time and mostly unchanged. This is my truck making a pass down the track at MoKan. 1939 Ford, 429 Cadillac powered
    IMG_1681.jpg

13. Queen City Speed Shop, what part of CA. did you come from? I moved here from the Bay Area.

14. Queen City Speed Shop

Queen City Speed Shop

I moved from San Diego..