Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Jimmy B’s Hot Rod Photo Collection

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by J.Ukrop, Oct 21, 2022.

1. J.Ukrop

J.Ukrop
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

J.Ukrop submitted a new blog post:

Jimmy B’s Hot Rod Photo Collection

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

Spoggie, Sancho, tr_rodder and 7 others like this.
  2. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

An insane value! I had been waiting for this to be available and my only regret is that I only bought one!

At that price point I should have bought a few more for stocking stuffers for hot rodders and impressionable little gear heads this Christmas

Six Ball, chryslerfan55 and HEMI32 like this.
  3. Speed Gems

Speed Gems

I've always said @Jimmy B should start up his own 40's dry lakes page over on Facebook because in some of the great threads he's done half of the pictures are gone.:(:mad: That wouldn't happen over there.

49ratfink and hrm2k like this.
  4. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

@Speed Gems that only happens where a third party hosting system is used like photo bucket. Many old threads are like that for that reason. Now a days there’s no reason to not just load them directly to the hamb where they stay nice and safe

5. I hope he has plans for more!

Six Ball and Tim like this.

6. Blurb Bookstore - Jimmy Hot Rod Photo Collection.JPG
    Get your copy HERE

NOTE: If the above "HERE" hyperlink doesn't work for you, just point your browser to the following URL:

https://XwwwX.blurbX.com/b/11278271-jimmy-hot-rod-photo-collection (less the "X")​

Last edited: Oct 21, 2022
    49ratfink likes this.
  7. @JimmyB is planning to release "Book 2" in December.

8. catdad49

catdad49

I’m with you, my order is in the works! Any thing new on the A?

9. Speed Gems

Speed Gems

I just cut and pasted the link into by browser and it worked. Even with the "X".

49ratfink likes this.
  10. Outback

Outback
    from NE Vic

@Jimmy B is a legend. We've communicated for years but not managed to meet yet

11. studebakerjoe

studebakerjoe

@Outback maybe you can both make a trip to Kentucky for Lloyd's party next year.

catdad49 and Outback like this.
  12. Wow! What a write up, thank you Joey! It was a nice surprise waking up to your review yesterday, I went to reply a couple of times but didn't seem to have the words. It has surprised me how well my lil' book has been received and also made me aware how unprepared I was for the interest I have received. I have been busy replying to messages and feels like I have barely scratched the surface. For someone that is quiet and reserved it is a little overwhelming, for anyone that has messaged me and I haven't replied please be patient I'm getting there.

@HEMI32 thank you for providing links above, I appreciate that and everything you do. Also as Todd wrote above I will be (planning) to have book 2 ready for December. I am still planning a more in depth 156pg hardcover edition that will be reminiscent of the great "Don Montgomery" books.

Thank you to everyone above for your support in purchasing my book and for the words of support and encouragement it means a lot!

Cheers
    Jimmy

13. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

I had a bad flu all weekend and just came out of my sickened stupor to read this... Jimmy B rocks! His images have helped me countless times and I'm happy to pay it forward a bit- Just ordered my copy...

Six Ball, Jimmy B, HEMI32 and 2 others like this.
  14. Sorry to hear you had a bad dose of the flu, hope you are feeling better & enjoy the book and thanks for the support.

15. Also for anyone trying to get me on instagram last couple days I am unable to access my account, I have been locked out (been having varying issues for two weeks). IG says they can't verify my identity even though I am signed in on the same computer using same IP address, they are pushing for phone# for two factor login, no thanks! I am on here and FB for anyone wanting/needing to message me.
    Cheers
    Jimmy

catdad49 likes this.
  16. catdad49

catdad49

Got my copy the other day! thumbnail_IMG_3590.jpg

Six Ball and rod1 like this.
  17. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Got mine today. Too very cool !!!

Six Ball likes this.
  18. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Has it cleared up? Instagram crashed in certain parts of the world that day and as a result locked a shit ton of accounts. A few of mine were for a while. Very frustrating

That being said my Christmas present copy
    Showed up ;) not that I peaked or anything

19. Mine arrived today. :cool::cool::cool:

Six Ball likes this.
  20. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

Just heard about it today and am going to the link now to order one. Thanks, Jimmy!

Didn't work for me. :(

Last edited: Nov 4, 2022