Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures Lions Drag Strip Museum

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by D_Lazaris, Sep 29, 2022.

1. D_Lazaris

D_Lazaris
    from So. Cal

Hey guys! I recently had an opportunity to direct a series of videos for the Lions Automobilia Foundation!

Lions Drag Strip has a soft place in my heart since our dragster the Antique Doll campaigned there in 58’-59’.

If you are in Southern California it is definitely worth checking out as the car and automobilia collection is incredible! They recently brought in the original stone woods and cook gasser so their lions drag strip portion is unbelievable!

2. Fogger

Fogger

I raced my '55 Gasser at Lions from '64 through '66. It was my home track and this past summer some old friends and I went to the museum for a great and nostalgic visit. It is an amazing venue and many of the cars on display were from the era that I raced. Every drag race enthusiast should plan on a visit It is well worth the time. I'll return with more friends for a second go around. For drag racing history there is no better or well presented museum. IMG_0511 2.jpg

Last edited: Oct 1, 2022
  3. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

37D0B561-0046-45E2-BE2F-980797914A24.jpeg Neat place to visit. My girl always likes taking photo’s with Ed.

4. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

5. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

Amazing. Thank you for sharing.

politicstshirt.jpg
    ironandsteele.com​

chryslerfan55 and hotrodtodd1960 like this.
  6. Well, you know what they say @Johnny Gee , happy wife, happy life.

7. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Must be some truth to that Biblical thing about the “Snake” after all. 9117EF14-F3B6-4B05-BF14-CF1EC62605E6.jpeg

tr_rodder and chryslerfan55 like this.
  8. jnaki

jnaki

Hey JG,

When you took the photos and walked around the museum, were some old Lion's Dragstrip color movies being played on the big screen just behind the Paddock counter and autograph signing table? On the big screen? I was told that the old Lion's Dragstrip color movies were played in the latest presentation of the museum. It would be nice to know where those were at this event.

The old color Lion's films were supposed to be played in the early 60s area of the museum near the Sidewinder and the Hill Acala Red Roadster displays. But, they could have moved the large TV screens to suit their other displays.

Jnaki

Thanks...

elgringo71 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  9. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

I didn’t go over to that part of the museum (the diner) that day. Also if I remember that section was closed off to only VIP’s.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  10. elgringo71

elgringo71

Thanks for sharing this with us.