Register now to get rid of these ads!

9th Annual Oklahoma Hot Rod Hundred September 24, 2022

Discussion in 'Other Events' started by guthriesmith, Jun 10, 2022.

1. Haven't worked out all the details yet, but figured I might as well post this event now that we have a dedicated event section. :D These events are a laid back family-friendly 100-ish mile reliability run on the two lanes with possible stops at hot rod shops or other attractions along the way. We also feed everyone a great bbq lunch at the end. We do a couple awards, but that's not what these events are about. It is about the drive and a chance to see the countryside as well as catch up with friends. B-Scott Studios did our t-shirt artwork again this year featuring a couple HAMB-friendly cars. This year cutoff for this event is '72 while we mostly try to keep it '64 and older. More information to come which will also be updated on the event page.

https://www.hotrodhundred.com/oklahoma-city.html

2022HRH.JPG

2. So…we have started to get questions about this year’s Oklahoma Hot Rod Hundred and decided we better get busy and get it planned since we are less than two months from the event which will happen on September 24th… We will once again be starting at the Route 66 Softball Complex in Arcadia thanks to Red Dirt Athletics. Since we all love Daddy D’s BBQ that we have had for several years now, we checked with him to see if he could cater the event again this year. He is scheduled to work that day (his real job is being a truck driver), but agreed to help us out and provide more great BBQ if we could somehow end in Guthrie. So, we checked with Sid Drapal to see if he would allow us to end at the world headquarters of Nostalgia Sid’s Dropped Axles (www.droppedaxles.com) and he agreed. Sid has a really cool shop where he drops the old straight axles and also keeps some of his cool car collection. One small detail of ending there is that the last 1/8 mile of road to get to his place will be dirt. It isn’t rough at all, but just a heads up in case that is an issue for anyone. I promise, Sid’s shop and the BBQ are worth the little bit of dirt at the end! We don't have the complete route worked out yet, but should soon. We will obviously not be taking the short route from Arcadia to Guthrie to get in 100-ish miles...

Registration is now open and cost will be $35 per car that includes entry, a cool t-shirt, and lunch for one. Extra shirts can be added for $15 each as well as the same $15 for extra lunches too.

As in the past, this event is for 1972 and older vehicles and is about the drive and people, not awards or lawn chairs.

Register Here

Looking forward to seeing everyone and driving the two lanes again!

Jeff Smith
    580-370-5852
    Crossmembers Car Club

Bill's Auto Works likes this.
  3. Registration will close on August 31st so we can get the t-shirts and food ordered in time for the event. So far, we are up to about 50 cars going along. We typically end up around 200-250. Oh, and I spoke to the owner of the Seaba Station Motorcycle Museum www.seabastation.com and they agreed to let us stop there to check out all their cool stuff. We have stopped there before and they have a pretty cool collection of bikes.

Looking forward to another drive on the two lanes with a bunch of friends.

4. 4 more days until we close pre-registration.

5. Ended up with a little over 120 cars at close of pre-registration. Weather looks decent so far, so expecting more to register at the event. Oh, and got the order of shirts from B-Scott Studios today. Artwork turned out great in the grey shirts! :cool: Just a little more than a week away now. :D

BFD36957-F9D7-4C6A-9015-7889D1D5511F.jpeg

6. In case anyone wants to make a last minute trip to come along with us, here is our route map. :D

45E1A8D5-57CF-4F16-9D3E-FB7057BDA909.png

7. Oh, and the two awards we give away...

Awards.jpg

alanp561 and Bill's Auto Works like this.
  8. @guthriesmith If you get a chance, stop in & say hey to my friends John & Fred in Arcadia!! John has a little memorabilia place right on the historic RT 66. He does interior work & has a great room that one of the car clubs has their meetings in!!! They are Great Traditional car guys & assets to our hobby! Tell them I sent you & I am sorry I cannot attend, but I am already pulled in so many directions now!LOL

God Bless
    Bill
    https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum...ar-transport-hauling-open-or-enclosed.614419/

guthriesmith likes this.
  9. Yep, I know John fairly well. He is actually driving along with us tomorrow. :D

10. Last edited: Sep 23, 2022
    alanp561 and guthriesmith like this.