Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Looking for a Hamber Little Wing! Anyone know her?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by curbspeed, Sep 13, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anyone know Little Wing? She is on the East Coast somewhere. Trying to ask a question and have had no response through conversation method. Any help getting in touch would be fantastic and appreciated. Thanks Dale

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. ...I haven't seen any posts from @Little Wing in a very long time.

brady1929 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  3. Her profile page indicates that she was last on here 29 March of this year. 5 1/2 months ago.

4. I did see that. Hoping she will respond. I need to ask her about a picture she posted on a thread.

lothiandon1940 likes this.

5. Try facebook with Little Wing? Sometimes people are on other forums with the same user name. (examples as street rod :eek: or other hot rod forums, etc.)

lothiandon1940 and curbspeed like this.
  6. You should see how many people that use that handle on Facebook with no profile info

7. ...and probably 90% of them are no longer active on there!!!:eek:

8. Check in the For Sale section. She sometimes has stuff for sale.

curbspeed likes this.
  9. She hasn't logged in for months. I do want to buy something from her though. Thanks pal!

chryslerfan55 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  10. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

it would help if you put her name in the title of this thread....

11. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Thread titles are a funny thing I've noticed, there seems to be two schools of thought. Some describe the subject matter in detail, such as 'Sheared Lug Studs on Ford 9 inch'. A good approach for those scanning the board only for subjects that interest them, as well as searching for info in past threads. Others take a more generalized approach to the same subject matter, such as 'I about Crapped my Pants!'. This works too, perhaps more for those looking to read something a little more exciting, and not so much specific subjects.

Just an observation based on your comment, not this particular thread.:)

49ratfink, Irish Mike, G-son and 5 others like this.
  12. I believe that the title of the thread is used to get the most eyes to look at the first post, rather than just moving on without taking a look.

That would indicate I'm in the detailed title camp.

Sorry to highjack this thread.

13. ...Her profile just says, "Northeast", but I believe she's in Pa. You might change your thread title to, "Do any of you Pennsylvania folks know how to get in touch with @Little Wing"...

14. Thanks. I’ll try that

15. my memory tells me that she is in eastern PA near NJ. At one time she was looking to ship an engine from eastern PA to the midwest

16. I believe that when you start a conversation with someone here, they recieve an email at the address they used to set up the account, unless you can disable that feature, but I always get an email. Then I come here to check my conversations.

17. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

here is something to try. go to her profile page, there are 80 some people that "followed" her. you could look at when these people were last here and what part of the country they are from. I would send PM's to those people and see if they personally know her. one that I saw was a female also from Pa, I bet they are friends....

18. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

@curbspeed I thought I would try to get lucky on a google search for you.. I don't know if it will help but I did find a Littlewing Studio in Bethlemhem, PA. Wedding and special event photography. It is s stretch but worth an email or call. Do you know if she was a photog?

19. Didn't she have a junkyard type business with her brothers, her early posts were help in identifying things to resale.

Carter and lothiandon1940 like this.
  20. showrod

showrod

She really knew her speed equipment,
    And always had cool parts for sale.
    I noticed she wasn't posting anymore.
    I bought some parts once from a woman at Goodguys Indy show who had a lot of rare aluminum, I later wondered if that was her.

21. Her screen name used to be Satan something, used the same name on the original old skool rods forum which doesn't exist anymore, definitely worked with her brothers and yes she had lots of reordered info on what part numbers fit what.

Screenshot_20220919-141947_Chrome.jpg

22. NoelC

NoelC

Maybe it's me, but even if I knew, the best you could hope for is I tell her or him (?) someone is looking. And if it is a-her, could be a reason she doesn't want to be found.

chryslerfan55 and Paul like this.
  23. Joe Blow

Joe Blow

In the Classifieds, you have to list your location.....her's is Solebury, PA. @curbspeed sent you a PM.

24. ..Good catch there, @Joe Blow...:)

25. Thanks all. I'll track her down. I just want to buy some parts.

26. Thanks, I did try that a bit. I do have a good lead now. Cheers

27. ...You wouldn't think it would be so difficult!:eek::D

Joe Blow, jim snow and curbspeed like this.
  28. I have a phone number now. I'm gonna call today. Thanks for all the leads. Cheers!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.