Register now to get rid of these ads!

Who has a STRAIGHT 6 in your HotRod? Come On, stand up!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by AHotRod, May 25, 2004.

1. 1Nimrod

1Nimrod

Yes those are Custom Deluxe Steering Wheels just for the C10's, I think the center horn cap is almost the same as the Impala's but not exactly sure? The Custom Deluxe Steering Wheel is very hard to find with all good clean Chrome and nothing broken on the horn half ring and center cap, seen those Custom Deluxe Steering Wheels go for $300 up $800 complete NOS.
    My Grandson Conner (The boy in my picture with thumbs) helped me rebuild my Custom Deluxe Steering Wheel and my 63 C10 Standard Steel Grill last summer together, we had lots of fun.
    If the 1bbl Air Cleaner Unit had the slot for the carb in the right place and the breather hose in the same location they will work, but locating one that hasn't been cut up isn't easy these days but I'm just now getting in touch with people to try and find one.
    GMC's Trucks never had a Custom Deluxe Steering Wheel from 1960-66 only one type.
    Just like the GMC Grill from 1960-66 you either bought the truck with a Chrome Grill or a Painted Grill both Grills identical except one is Chrome and one is painted for seven years in the GMC's Gen 1 Trucks.
    I'm always learning something new each day, My Grandfather told me a person can never stop learning to always keep my Ears and Eye's open and ask questions...
    I really enjoy and like my Gen 1 C10's especially the 1963...

Keep On Trucking Brother's...

1Nimrod
    (Dustin)

Last edited: Nov 10, 2022
    6narow likes this.
  2. 6narow

6narow

1Nimrod likes this.
  3. 1Nimrod

1Nimrod

Here's information on the 1960-66 Chevrolet G/P & C/K 10-20-30... Deluxe and the Standard Equipment.
    It shows the Part Numbers and the Color of the different model year G/P & C/K & Other's 10-20-30...
    The Custom Equipment/ Deluxe Equipment Packages includes the three different types of Deluxe Steering Wheels used in the G/P & C/K 10-20-30... Truck's 1960-66.
    Hope this helps some?

1Nimrod
    (Dustin Sirrine)

Attached Files:

4. 1Nimrod

1Nimrod

Those people on the bay must think their parts being sold are "GOLD" the way they price most Part's lol...
    I still have a few local people and Salvage Yard's I need to check on for the Air Cleaner Unit and Carburetor.
    I hope to find one soon?
    Thanks for the help my friend.

Keep On Trucking Brother...

1Nimrod
    (Dustin Sirrine)

5. 6narow

6narow

Oh, no problem, I believe you. Just never seen one, or even heard of one, before.
    Like I said before, never stop learning or discovering.
    Thanks for the info.

1Nimrod likes this.
  6. Twisted6

Twisted6

It has been sometime in the making and now they are coming to life. I have to get the gating and flashing removed then on to making the jigs to start doing the machine work. An upgrade Is already being done to the molds and that is to have injector pads added to the runners It got missed before the first pour was done. These are for the chevy L6 & L4s.
    IMG_4185.jpg 20221005_172643.jpg

1Nimrod, AHotRod, LAROKE and 2 others like this.
  7. Dyno Dave

Dyno Dave

[/ATTACH] IMG_5986 (4).JPG IMG_5981 (2).JPG I'm slowly making some progress, replacing the 235 with a .40 over Pontiac 261. Some head work, 1954 polished Corvette intake with Carter YH triples. Howard's Rattler custom grind, long tube headers with X-pipe and both pipes down the driver's side. On the other side, a Joe Hunt magneto, note the vintage oil filter with fresh toilet paper within. Bolts to Camaro C.R. W.C. 5-speed, back to S-10 posi 4.10 gear set. Trying for next spring completion. wana drive it, dyno Dave

Attached Files:

crazycasey, Sky Six, Pat and 7 others like this.
  8. Twisted6

Twisted6

That looks Awesome :) Dave

9. 6narow

6narow

Yeah, no kidding!
    Gorgeous engine Dave.
    Nice work! -b

10. Dyno Dave

Dyno Dave

Twisted6 and 6narow thank you, usually the remarks are; should have put a V/8 in there !!!! That's not me, I try to do something different. Previous projects OHC Pontiac with sidedraft carbs in '38 Chevy sedan, 512 Cadillac in '40 Ford coupe. This one I've had for nearly twenty years and this the final version, up graded the steering and brakes with the theme being "inline six cylinder". 6narow I'm neighbor to the north in Hadlock and the '54's license plate reads SIXNROW... Thanks again, dyno Dave

1Nimrod likes this.
  11. 6narow

6narow

Wow, what a small world it is!
    I used to work at Hadlock Building Supply (not anymore, though).
    I bet we've run across each other and never knew it.
    I'd love to come up and see your rods sometime.

12. Twisted6

Twisted6

Dyno Dave
    Not to hijack your tread but this is my answer to those vthings So I would not be telling anyone to go that route.
    FB_IMG_1502211500994.jpg

Last edited: Oct 18, 2022
  13. 6narow

6narow

Leaning Tower of Power?

14. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

Late model Chevy. Slant has 6 intake ports and 6 exhaust.

1Nimrod and 6narow like this.
  15. Dyno Dave

Dyno Dave

Like your answer to the common stuff... I didn't know that inline, by the valve cover thought might be a Chevy. The intake is very impressive, how's it run ??? dyno Dave

16. cabong

cabong

Just saw this post, and thought I'd post a shot of my 230. It was in a '48 Dodge that ran the Carrera Panamericana some years back. A friend ran it, and it was very respectable. He then wanted something faster, but still a six. I turned him on to Ak Miller, who had an Ausie six from a Holden Charger. He used that, and I ended up with the mopar. Like you, I haven't decided what to do with it. Yes, that's a tranny from a hemi..... The Holden six was basically a 230 with an overhead conversion.... My 230 has a Tattersfield head, and Edmunds intake with Chrysler carbs.....
    dodge 230.jpg

17. Twisted6

Twisted6

That is a 250-marine cover. Way better then we first thought we thought the cam was going to be too small for that intake. ( crane cam 583-607 lift. rpm band range was 38-7200 and that thing would buzz 8000 and not think twice about doing so. That intake was pretty much build for My other 250 which has a cam just shy of .700 lift which has yet to make it into the car.

18. Twisted6

Twisted6

Now after some time in the works somethings are beginning to come into the production works. These are right from the casting mold. Now to get the gating removed and get the other jigs built to start the machining process. Some changes are already being made to the original design I/we had and that is to add the injector pads to the runners.
    These are for the chevy 6cyl and the 4cyl.
    IMG_4185.jpg

Now that most of the Major gating has been removed. I can start on the rest of it. And then I get underway to start the machining.
    20221005_172643.jpg

I will keep things updated as I go along with this.

19. 6narow

6narow

Not to skew the thread, but anyone remember "Super Stock Industries"?
    They used to advertise in Hot Rod all the time. Offered performance cams at an economical price.
    I remember they'd advertise one for a Chevy 230-250 inline 6.
    .509" lift, 306 duration (224 @ .050").
    I realize SSI is now a fond memory, but does anyone still build these cams?

AHotRod likes this.
  20. Dyno Dave

Dyno Dave

IMG_6044 (2).JPG
    Got some tin pieces on, gaining on it....

Last edited: Oct 28, 2022
  21. 6narow

6narow

Holy smokes! That's so clean you could do brain surgery in that engine bay!
    Beautiful ride, Dave.

1Nimrod, AHotRod and firstinsteele like this.
  22. Dyno Dave

Dyno Dave

Thank you, the goal was unclutter and simplify, to place the eyeballs on the inline 6... dyno Dave

23. Twisted6

Twisted6

That looks Awesome Great job. :)

24. 6narow

6narow

I may be going out on a limb here, but I'm gonna say you succeeded, Dave. ;)

1Nimrod likes this.
  25. Dyno Dave

Dyno Dave

Thanks for complements, they help to keep the project going... Going to post some stuff that's done, found some more, some more ..and a couple yet to be accomplished . The car photo is before outline graphics.... Dave
    6narow, looking forward to your visit

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 3, 2022
  26. AHotRod

AHotRod

Beautiful engine bay @Dyno Dave

First Class !

We LOVE LARGE pictures too !

27. 6narow

6narow

Ok, now I gotta come out and see that rod. Man, those shots are down right tantalizing!

28. Fingers, Okie Pete, AHotRod and 5 others like this.
  29. 6narow

6narow

Sweet Bill!
    Is that the 252?

Bill's Auto Works likes this.
  30. Yes Sir,

That is the engine that the Nash Healey's won all those races the previous year with & then Nash made it the "Lemans" option for my Ambassador the following year. I do have the original air cleaner, but left it off for the picture, because it covers everything up!

God Bless
    Bill
    https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum...ar-transport-hauling-open-or-enclosed.614419/

Okie Pete, AHotRod, 1Nimrod and 3 others like this.