Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Steve Coonan at Louisville

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by krylon32, Aug 8, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stuart in mn

stuart in mn

Not at large newsstands (I assume that includes Barnes and Noble), but he said it will be available at some independent booksellers:
    • For those of you that are not subscribers and prefer to pick up your copy in person. We will be shipping our Dealer copies over the next few days as well. We will not be going back to the large retail newsstands at big box retailers, so check with your local hot rod shop or independent book retailer in the next couple weeks to see if they have it in stock.

Scooterville likes this.
  2. 5window

5window

If you are certain it is your final carrier doing the damage, you should report her to the Postmaster. Our rural carriers are great and will get out of their vehicle to put over-sized mail on the porch.

Weedburner 40 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  3. Been reported many times. Had items damaged, stolen, left out in the rain UNDER the mailboxes. The local postmaster gal is just as bad.

4. keeping the faith in TRJ.. I'm a long time subscriber.. not sure how many issues I have left.. but I need to renew if possible.. SUPPORT PRINT !

5. 5window

5window

:(

6. Budget36

Budget36

For sure a pisser and deviating from the thread, but maybe ask to over insure shipped items through USPS, probably won’t cover theft though but you might get better service, or maybe someone somewhere will take notice of the checks they have to give out associated with your address.

5window likes this.
  7. Shamus

Shamus
    from NC

The Post Office provides change of address packets to change mailing address/instructions for forwarding mail. Realize they're not great but I have never had a problem though I tend to stay in the same place for a while. Also talked to Steve & he is doing his best to get it back on track considering his new publisher & shipper on the East Coast went under during the pandemic & he ended up using his more reliable printer/publisher & shipper on the West Coast. I have been a subscriber since Issue #3 - now Life Time - & have never had a problem getting my copies in good condition. Hoping it continues. Wishing Steve & Company Good Luck & a lot of years of success with the Journal.

seadog, jim snow and lothiandon1940 like this.
  8. The USPS forwarding service is for 1 year only. And needs to be completed at your local distribution point. AKA local post office....

I have moved well over a year ago. And live several hours away now. It's not really feasible to just pop over and do that. I'd spend more in gas than just buying another copy.

Tman likes this.
  9. Woo-hoo! The new issue arrived in AZ today - the address change got through to them and all.

Thanks, Steve and crew! And welcome back!!!

10. #85 landed on my doorstep today. Thanks, Steve, for hanging in there and fighting through all of the turmoil and negativity. Best wishes going forward.:)...........Don.

11. stuart in mn

stuart in mn

Anxiously waiting for information on when and where non-subscribers will be able to buy a copy.

Tman and Kelly Burns like this.
  12. Great news! I’m still wondering if my 1 year sub was still active or expired.
    Plus I’m waiting on a 4 back issues I ordered in Feb ‘21.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  13. 1940Willys

1940Willys

Just got my Rodder's Journal #85. Guess keeping the Faith, and Keeping my Fingers Crossed, worked! Thanx Steve and the crew @ TRJ

Scooterville and SilverJimmy like this.
  14. 19Fordy

19Fordy

Ryan's statement above is so very true in almost every event, circumstance or belief we
    encounter today. Closed mindedness creates ignorance.

15. V8 Bob

V8 Bob
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I received my #85 yesterday. Thank you Steve.

16. 5window

5window

I received #85 yesterday as well. Thanks,Steve for keeping it alive. Well done, sir.

17. 4ever18

4ever18

My first Lifetime subscriber issue just arrived Thank you, Steve 74AB0811-BC12-42A0-B589-C0D9EA50ADBF.jpeg

18. got my issue 85 on Thursday,. .fantastic issue as always, glad it's back!

SilverJimmy and Scooterville like this.
  19. lcfman

lcfman
    from tn

Got my issue today in Middle Tennessee

SilverJimmy and Scooterville like this.
  20. 5window

5window

"I have lived at the same address for over 46 years and bought a life time subscription and received one magazine. I think we have a better chance of seeing the TITANIC Raised than the Rodder Journal coming back. I personally think it a SCAM."

I can't read my issue #85. Some damned old rotting ship is blocking the light.

Hitchhiker, rod1 and SilverJimmy like this.
  21. deucetruck

deucetruck
    from Missouri

#85 arrived yesterday. Very nice. Thanks to TRJ for not giving up.

Scooterville likes this.
  22. 85 arrived alive (that kinda rhymes) today in East 10-UH-C. Well done as usual.

23. Jones St.

Jones St.

Do not forget to factor in the supply chain/hired help of today in the 'new normal' in this issue with issues....(Homer says 'DOH!")

24. primed34

primed34

Got mine today in the wilds of northwest Tennessee.

25. ROBERT JAM

ROBERT JAM

I got mine today! Beautifully done, great article on the Jerry Morelands 40, and more. Just renewed my subscription

26. Ohhhh RJ how I have missed you….Thank You Steve for keeping this going…and what a great way to remember the talents of Pat Ganahl..as a contributor to the latest issue…beyond stoked to have it back…and it came shipped perfectly…hell I’m wearing an RJ T-shirt today to spread the word….in the words of George Constanta…baby I’m back
    DD40AE88-1C52-480F-B711-77CBFC34D9B8.jpeg

alfin32, rod1, lothiandon1940 and 3 others like this.
  27. That’s Great! How were you able to renew? Did a notice come with the mag?

jim snow and lothiandon1940 like this.
  28. 1lucky1

1lucky1
    from Morgan NJ

Lifetime member,Received mine yesterday in NJ,Thanks Steve

Attached Files:

29. Lil32

Lil32

Thanks to Stuart who advised that Autobooks /Areobooks Book Store managed by Tina in Burbank
    has put RJ No85 under the counter for me to pickup when we arrive in 3 weeks.

Tman, jim snow, 5window and 1 other person like this.
  30. ronzmtrwrx

ronzmtrwrx

I’m out of town for a week, but I had my buddy go by and check my mailbox. Sure enough, it showed up yesterday. Can’t wait to get back home and tear into it.

jim snow, 5window and SilverJimmy like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.