Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage HOTRODARAMA

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bandit Billy, Jul 27, 2022.

1. Great Cars ! , will this be the last one ever ? :D

Last edited: Aug 1, 2022
    Stogy and Bandit Billy like this.
  2. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I hope not but if we do it again I’m bringing mist machines and getting an AC hotel room with a pool. No AC night and day in that heat sucks.

'28phonebooth, 41 GMC K-18 and Stogy like this.
  3. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Days before I went to the show I put the roadster in the air to clean and polish…you know, that old chestnut. And I noticed a water leak. I tracked it down with a pressure tester to the upper tank seam. It’s split and getting larger.

Just a small manufacturing boo boo by brass works but I didn’t have time to take it out, repair and reinstall and still make the trip. So I drained all the antifreeze to lessen the clean up when she blew and went for it.

The car did pretty good but lost it Saturday night on our way back to camp. It rolled in under her own power and loaded the next morning into the trailer fortunately.

Today I worked from home so I could take it out and start the massive clean up. I have another car show in 4 weeks at the beach and a roadster show in October so I need to move quick.

Torn down
    EEB69813-81D9-42D8-9B4A-2FCA19B6EEE9.jpeg
    it split right between the eyes so to speak
    17C40516-6824-4453-B673-F219D443699B.jpeg 724D6821-E186-41B7-81B4-E54D19C89289.jpeg E67BE8BA-A141-4D81-8538-FD3F2BAB5498.jpeg
    The last shot is off a clean under carriage and flat head. Tomorrow I’ll run the radiator over to Macs in Portland and drop it off.

Moral of the story, go and play, fix it when you get home. Glad I had a trailer. Long tow home

4. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I wondered if it was going to make it though the weekend when you told me about it Friday.

Just an hour or so of extra cleaning than you had planned on me thinks.

41 GMC K-18, Stogy and Bandit Billy like this.
  5. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Totally worth it! They aren’t any fun left in your garage. It didn’t leave me stranded so I call that a win any day.

Next up, Rod Run. Funny name since there aren’t many Rods at this one. Should be 40 degrees cooler though.

6. Almostdone

Almostdone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Geez, you don’t waste much time.

John

Bandit Billy and Stogy like this.
  7. Congrats on the trophy! But now you're got something else to keep shiny!

Bandit Billy likes this.
  8. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Nope, I have always been fast on the tear down after a breakdown. I don't like thinking about it.

I do indeed. I like the smell of Mothers in the morning.

9. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

No problem. Yes, it was a killer car!

politicstshirt.jpg
    ironandsteele.com​

41 GMC K-18 likes this.
  10. Bullington

Bullington
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

11. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

We need more events like this! No Mustangs or Camaros, no rat rods, no time out dolls, the music was quiet and relaxing, food and bevs on site, AC toilets, 3 days of events and gatherings, a small town that probably really appreciated the business and some great hot rodders to hang with and get to know. Thanks @curbspeed for your involvement and promotion.

curbspeed, hotrodA, Tim and 2 others like this.
  12. Bullington

Bullington
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Adding some pics of my own. 2022-07-30 13.31.23.jpg 2022-07-29 20.46.51.jpg

13. Bullington

Bullington
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Couldn't agree more. It was a blast and the town really enjoyed/appreciated it!

14. 41 GMC K-18

41 GMC K-18
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

As cool as Pendelton Oregon is, it was a bit too far for me to attend. I went to the one that was in Tacoma years ago and I had a blast at that gathering.

IMG_2444 (2).JPG

I would love to see the next one held at Anacortes Washington, which is just 80 miles North of Seattle, great small town, great scenery, close to the water, and plenty of space for the cars.
    But that is just my 8 cents worth of input.

8 cent stamp 1 (2).jpg

Thanks from Dennis.

15. 41 GMC K-18

41 GMC K-18
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

All of the cars are great, that 56 International S-110 Pickup, with the big liquid box in the bed, the ultimate wine in an industrial size unit, to serve wine out of !
    Thanks for posting your pictures.
    From Dennis.

chryslerfan55 and Bandit Billy like this.
  16. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

17. Bullington

Bullington
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

18. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Is there a bad shot at any distillery?!!!

Last edited: Aug 2, 2022
  19. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Good point Douglas, good point indeed!!

curbspeed likes this.
  20. TACOMA , will always be that show for me.. The Swiss Tavern ( Bob and everyone there), Bands, The Mischief Makers CC ( RIP) members.. all the great cars that came. The vibe downtown around all the old buildings.. Fun in the parking lot (;)). nothing against the show now.. just my 2 cents

Last edited: Aug 2, 2022
  21. End of the World I take it?

22. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Absolutely! I have four weeks to get that radiator back and install it. If it doesn't make it I have a dune buggy that is ready for some beach fun. That cruise in welcomes everything that moves and at times it's a bit wacky. Kinda the Walmart of cruise ins.

chryslerfan55 and 41 GMC K-18 like this.
  23. we used to go every year, well years ago. I think last time was in the mid 90s. Its gotten to be a crazy event. One of the few old shows that the tuner crowd likes going to as well. I keep trying to plan to make it up there, but other stuff always comes up.

24. I really had a good time the first year at the show but 2 years in a row of 100 plus is brutal. Pendleton is a great town that fits the theme great. Especially the distillery! I'd really like to see the show done later in the year. Late August or September. Shoot maybe even October! When the weather is perfect there. I know they're tying to catch the Bonneville crowd but aren't those people busy getting ready to go to B-Ville? Having it back down town would also be cool. Block off some streets & get down town involved. Do the swap meet at the parts store where people parked the first year. I'll continue to support this show on the years where it's possible. You can't beat the people & quality of cars it attracts.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2022
  25. HookNBoogie

HookNBoogie

Bandit Billy, you son of a gun, you got me cheesin' in the corner of that picture behind the 32 Vicky lol

The black 32 5 Window and the Vicky both are my buddy Allen's. I got to cruise in the 5 window all weekend. Glad to see others out there as well at the event. 20220730_132801.jpg

26. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Fact! The heat was wild! I got home sunday and had a bit of heat stroke. 3 days of that heat and no AC at the camp ground was too much. Some of out camp ground friends got seriously sick with body cramps and nausea. A bit cooler time of year would be nice but I'll return regardless. I do have an appointment tomorrow to have an AC heat pump fitted to my car trailer :cool:

LOL! It seems we had a good HAMB turnout. We should have had a table at the distillery for the gang to hang out and meet. Next time!

27. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I want to mention one other thing, Abbott Instrument Restoration in the Portland area.
    https://www.abbottinstrumentrestoration.com/
    These were my next door neighbors a the KOA in Pendleton and co-sponsor of the event. Excellent quality people/ Father and son, rebuilding classic car instruments. They shared photos of their work on priceless collectable cars like 1935 Mercedes 500K and such.

They also offer restoration of vintage SW gauges. Something I am very interested in as my cheap ass, mexican made, SW Wings (SW ala in Spanish) :cool:both suck and blow. The Abbotts said they can replicate each one including the tach, converting cable drive to electronic.

Plug made. Tell them I sent you. Maybe I will get a break on the pricing:cool:.

28. HookNBoogie

HookNBoogie

Bandit Billy, I was going to make a post before the show to see who all was going to turn out, but completely spaced on it. As it was, I worked all day friday til about 3, got home and loaded up the pickup, and drove 2 1/2 hours from Payette to Pendleton, showed up about 6 Pacific time, hopped in the 32 and hit the mexican restaraunt by the convention center (excellent food btw!!!) Then down to the distillary for music and ice cream.

Next time, it would be awesome to get all the attending HAMB members together for a howdy chat. Hoping to have my 29 CCPU on the road by next year. If so, it will be hitting the streets of Pendleton.

29. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That would be awesome. Never met a HAMBer I didn't like. I know they are out there! I just have to keep meeting them until I find that one bad egg. :cool:

30. Bullington

Bullington
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Will save you a table or you can hang out in the shop next door. All good choices.