Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Salina KKOA 2022 Leadsled Spectacular

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 54delray, Jul 31, 2022.

1. 54delray

54delray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Fremont NE

2. 54delray

54delray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Fremont NE

3. jim snow

jim snow

Good stuff. Thanks for sharing. Snowman ⛄️

Stogy and 54delray like this.
  4. 54delray

54delray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Fremont NE

This one is cropped and edited, hopefully to HAMB standards. Neat build of a '57 Dodge pick-up. Not a factory sweptside, but certainly pays tribute to one of those. Rear bed sides and non-op tailgate are from '55 Plymouth wagon. Top of bed made of garage door railing, Top is chopped, I think crown taken out of roof. Windshield is a stock '55 Pontiac hardtop. Looks like interior has '57 Chevy gauges, Impala wheel.

Its got not-HAMB wheels/tires and engine, although it was properly displayed with the hood closed.

It is easy for me to imagine the truck with some sort of side trim and two tone paint, with 15' chrome steelies or even whitewalls and wheelcovers, similar to the recent build of a 58/59 Apache with '57 Olds quarter panels.

Enough said, if the pics have to get deleted, I understand and apologize to all HAMB moderators.

DSCN5305 (2).JPG
    DSCN5306 (2).JPG DSCN5307.JPG DSCN5302 (2).JPG DSCN5304 (2).JPG

5. juan motime, 54delray and Stogy like this.
  6. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

@54delray thanks for sharing the Show from a Custom direction...much appreciated...I like your views as this is your direction...I enjoyed the mix with some Hotrods...they're Family...;)

Send/PM me a full on shot of the 57 Dodge I'll put any cap you want on it...it'll be an inspiration but many times the shoes are all that puts it in another category and just as many times I wonder why...but its not my car...

We'd get the full vibe and be safe...;)

Heck maybe someone might be influenced...nudge, nudge, wink, wink...:D

Last edited: Jul 31, 2022
    drdave, Max Gearhead, Tim and 3 others like this.
  7. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That's a good one...:p

54delray, brady1929 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  8. Thanks, I’ll be here all week. Lol

54delray, jim snow and Stogy like this.
  9. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The band was playing George Thorogood at the last Car show I was at...beats Beiber...

Bttt... @54delray...agreed...Love chopped Tri-fives...that 55 is Stunning...section is minimal and hard to notice...but you know...if you didn't notice it still has the effect...I want it!!!...:p

10. Thanks for all the pics! Some are familiar, but others are not. I didn’t make it this year, so appreciate seeing what was there.

54delray and jim snow like this.
  11. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

57DodgePU_mod2.jpg

This is a nicely done Custom Truck indeed...

Credit to All That Inspired This

Last edited: Aug 1, 2022
  12. Roothawg

Roothawg

Man, I gotta get busy…

54delray, Hotdoggin DaddyO and Stogy like this.
  13. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Don’t think I would have clocked that as a dodge at all! Slick

54delray and Stogy like this.
  14. Yep, that is a kool Dodge and the wheels and tires are perfect now. Not sure what the real ones are, but @Stogy nailed it with the whitewalls and Olds covers. :cool:

15. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

WHAT...NO Cadillacs...???
    Hey Del Ray, is that your real name...??? Thanx for putting up some great pix, too bad I couldn't get there from here...maybe next time...

R-

16. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks Guthrie, You don't want to know...they made it look like a toy and out of proportion...I did a attitude adjustment as well...

17. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yep you should be there @40StudeDude...seems a well attended Show and certainly a great contingent of Customs...

18. Roger, there were many Cads. 2 59's, one a convert and one a coupe. Both were impressive. DSC01244.JPG DSC01260.JPG DSC01290.JPG

1pickup, Okie Pete, Sancho and 11 others like this.
  19. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I was thinking the same thing, the builder had a little Zocchi influence.

It was good to see ya this weekend and thank you for taking the time to post your pics. I'm ready to go back.

20. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Here is one of my favorite Hot Rods..

59215A66-D904-47CC-AD08-A0D0C14C2754.jpeg 9298FF26-42B1-456B-AFA7-6CC1F3EE68FE.jpeg

21. MoparFinman

MoparFinman
    from Okla

I talked to the builder for a long time. His vision for this Dodge truck was different than the owner told him to do. He had planed to put white walls and correct wheels on it. He told me that if he had known what the owner was going to make him build it like we wouldn't have taken on the build. Russ is a super builder and if you knew where this truck was built it would add to your appreciation of his work.

22. MoparFinman

MoparFinman
    from Okla

23. MoparFinman

MoparFinman
    from Okla

I should have put my other wheels on it . I think it would have been accepted more.
    This KKOA show is the best show, which I go to every year. First time to drive my truck there. 57 DODGE pickup.jpg

24. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Russ certainly has a high bar for Custom work...minus the shoes and the rake his work looked very well despite as you say it was dictated by the customer...I hope he approves of the inspiration...;)

I guess as a business this is certainly not uncommon at all as not everyone subscribes to a vintage throwback...

Last edited: Aug 1, 2022
  25. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

Nobody wanted it painted green. But the owner persisted.

26. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

So many cool cars their this year and even great weather. Thanks for posting

27. Thanks for the pics! Sure appreciate it! Love the bed on the Dodge truck! I keep banging around ideas for a cool bed on my 53 F-100, but haven't landed on just the right thing yet.

28. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If you can nail a look it can wear near anything...it could have been further modded and color is always a personal thing as is all things Custom...but there are shades that are visually modern I suppose...everything effects the period even paint...but the shoes and stance were the most obvious period killers...

Last edited: Aug 2, 2022
    brady1929 and 54delray like this.
  29. To see the Dodge in person will remove many negatives from most of us. The work was excellent. The proportions are very good. The blending of different components is seamless. Remember, it is a custom. :)

30. rob lee

rob lee
    from omaha,ne

Good to see you as always,nice pics!

Stogy, stanlow69 and 54delray like this.