Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Joe's American Graffiti Coupe with a Man A Fre (Milner Coupe Clone)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Nicholas Coe, Feb 22, 2020.

1. Thanks so much! I'm an Arkansas boy for sure. Have a great weekend! Nick

Stogy, mad mikey and chryslerfan55 like this.
  2. Thank you for the kind words. I thought of that too. I just couldn't do that to the car. It deserves to be enjoyed. Bills still have to be paid too. Have a great weekend! Nick

3. SS327

SS327

The car may be the thing that helps him get through this hump. That’s the only reason I suggested it.

Stogy, mad mikey and Nicholas Coe like this.
  4. XERB

XERB

Hi from New Zealand Nick, really sorry to hear about your sons diagnosis, he is fortunate he has an awesome dad like yourself to help him through it. So sorry your dream hot rod is on the market, but totally understand, I'd do the same for my kids in a heartbeat, take care my friend and we wish you and the family well.

5. I completely understand. He was sad to hear that it was leaving. I made sure that he understood it wasn't because of him. I told him that later on we'll get something different that him and I can work on together. Sad stuff. Thanks again. Take care and God bless. Nick

Last edited: Aug 11, 2022
    54delray, Stogy, SS327 and 1 other person like this.
  6. Thanks so much for the kind words. We'll make it through. We are really blessed. Right now I'm just focusing on being more thankful for the good days. I'm also quite proud to make this decision for my family. It is what it is! No regrets. Take care and Thanks again! Nick

7. Budget36

Budget36

Wow Nick, tough news for parents to get. I bummed that it will be something he has to deal with for life.
    Wishing him the best!

Stogy, SS327, mad mikey and 1 other person like this.
  8. For sure. That's the most difficult part for us. We just can't take that away. Oh well. Could always be worse. He's a champ! We're so proud of him. Thanks so much. Nick

Attached Files:

9. I just heard about this Nick. Sad news indeed. Wishing you, your son and your whole family the very best. We are here for you brother.

10. Thanks so much. I know y'all have my back. I really appreciate it. I remember your scary accident and how fast you recovered. We've got this. We'll make it though. Thank God I'm past the all the constant nausea and sadness. (Me not Elliott, He's been great through it all!) Things are getting better. The car is just a sad casualty of a change in priorities. I'm sure I'll be back here begging for help with something else one of these days. Thanks brother. Y'all have blessed me so much. The support is overwhelming. Nick

11. SS327

SS327

It is we that have been blessed by you and your son. Seeing him next to the coupe smiling you could see he loves you and the car. Bet he never said no to a ride in it. Being able to do something with dad you both enjoy gives a little guy memories he’ll never forget. And having a cool car like that makes him even cooler to his friends. I’ll bet he brags about you and the car to all his friends at school and at home. I’ll bet he loves the car more than you know. So thank you for the ride along on your journey with the coupe.

12. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Just catching up on your thread and I wanted to express my concern and hope for your family. Cars come and go, family is what is really important obviously. That’s traditional!

Stogy, chryslerfan55, SS327 and 3 others like this.
  13. Absolutely! Y'all have really helped me make the best out of this process. Thanks so much. You are appreciated more than you realize. Nick

Stogy, SS327 and mad mikey like this.
  14. I agree. Everyone has a story about the sacrifices that they have made for their children. Definitely traditional! The one that got away. We're just taking it day by day. One more page in the storyline that is this car and our lives. All the best! Thank you! Nick

Stogy, chryslerfan55, SS327 and 2 others like this.
  15. JimSibley

JimSibley

I love this build. Sorry about your situation. I hope that the coupe sells and takes some pressure off of what you are dealing with.

16. Todd553

Todd553

Hey Nick, So sorry to hear about your son. I truly understand what you and your family are going through. My son was diagnosed with Type1 at age 6. He's 17 now. Plays football, races cars etc, etc. Hopes to make his first pass at Bonneville this year. This WILL get better. Hang in there. Please reach out if you need any assistance. My wife went to work for JDRF after my son was diagnosed. She's awesome with pump technology. IMG_3116.JPG thumbnail_IMG_2900.jpg

Last edited: Jul 4, 2022
    Stogy, mad mikey, slayer and 3 others like this.
  17. Look out for your family first Nick (as you obviously are), they made lots of old cars!

18. Thanks so much! Have a great holiday! Nick

Stogy and mad mikey like this.
  19. Thank you so much. Hopefully we'll get it done soon. Take care. Nick

Stogy likes this.
  20. Wow! He's doing great. That is my prayer for Elliott. Every day is a little better. Thanks so much for the very kind words. We'll make it through. We're the kind of people that run towards the fire instead of away from it. I think maybe that's why your family and mine were chosen. Take care and God bless brother. Nick

54delray, Stogy and mad mikey like this.
  21. A deal was made yesterday. I have the down payment. Today was a really tough day. I think it is finally setting in that my life is changing.... It is what it is. A great guy is getting the car who loves it as much as I do. It will be ok. We will be ok.

54delray, Stogy, Budget36 and 4 others like this.
  22. nunattax

nunattax
    from IRELAND

good stuff,i hope there is something left in the bank to purchase your next project.the Elliott A coupe maybe!

Stogy, Nicholas Coe and mad mikey like this.
  23. I am glad someone is getting the car that loves it like you do Nick. I think the car is the finest Milner clone I have ever seen. All the best to you in this difficult time.

nunattax, Stogy and Nicholas Coe like this.
  24. loudbang

loudbang

Sad Day for you. When you clam down a little treat him the same as you always did it will help him get on with his new restrictions and live a normal but restricted life.

Stogy, Nicholas Coe and mad mikey like this.
  25. Maybe! I told my wife that after things settle down in a year or two I'll start looking for another project. Absolutely Loudbang, That's why it is so difficult for us. Every day we're trying to treat him the same and keep all our fears and frustrations hidden. I'll let Elliott pick the next hotrod. He's already saying he wants a baby blue car. Thanks brothers.

54delray, Stogy, mad mikey and 2 others like this.
  26. Thanks so much. I've been quite proud of the work that we have done. Hopefully someone will carry on with our plan and love for the car. Thanks again for so much kindness and support during all of this. Nick

Stogy and mad mikey like this.
  27. The car is now on her way to Joe in Michigan. I wish him the absolute best. I know he'll appreciate and love this girl as much or more than I can. I have so many bittersweet memories. It has been a crazy few years with so many hours spent and great friendships made. Thanks so much. I appreciate the great kindness and love y'all have shown my family. I'm truly blessed.
    I'm going to be stepping back from this thread and the HAMB for a while. I've given Joe the option to continue documenting this car's journey. I know he will have some great adventures to share with y'all! God Bless and take care. Nick, Michelle, and Elliott.

Attached Files:

54delray, rbrewer, nunattax and 2 others like this.
  28. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

A huge congrats on this somewhat regrettable decision that has an overwhelming silver lining...I can't wait to see your next adventure...that was a remarkably truly well done tribute in the somewhat sizable group of inspired Coupes and we will enjoy it's continued journey forward...

Thoughts your way on positivity in the health of you and the family moving forward...

29. nunattax

nunattax
    from IRELAND

its going to be a big ol empty garage now looking forward to seeing an inexpensive project rolling in..what about a pickup .slan go foill cristoir

Nicholas Coe and Stogy like this.
  30. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Nick...Joe can carry on the torch but you can leave the Title as it once was I mean you brought this to us and that's a lot of effort...I'm sure Joe would understand...

As a caretaker of sorts to another Hambers craftmanship and vision...I personally consider it an honor posting to the original build Thread or mentioning its origins elsewhere complimenting the builders involved because it's again an honor to be fortunate to have aquired it...

High test 63 and Nicholas Coe like this.