Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage 2022 Bonneville Speed Week August 6-12

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RMR&C, Jun 5, 2022.

1. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

B Blown Gas Rear Engine Modified Roadster 2 Club minimum is 265. Fuel is 285. As it should be.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2022
    chryslerfan55, Tman and Stan Back like this.
  2. CAHotRodBoy

CAHotRodBoy

Just drove past it a couple days ago. Salt looks good, super hard and dry. Hope it stays that way.

I'm going and will probably bring this to tool around the pits in.

IMG_0651.JPG IMG_0656.JPG IMG_2959.JPG

3. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

For most of the motels, at some time in the evening they release the cancellations or no shows. Usually you get on a list and hope your name gets called. I've got a feeling that there will be a lot of cancellations this year.
    I still haven't got my OT road burner back together so I am out. 450 for gas round trip doesn't help either though.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  4. Stan Back

Stan Back
    from California

"Just drove past it a couple days ago. Salt looks good, super hard and dry. Hope it stays that way."

I prefer the dazzling white of yesteryear. Hopefully this new beige finish holds up.

WiredSpider and Tman like this.
  5. ronnieroadster

ronnieroadster

Were planning out
    Were heading West again this year. There's still some speed left in our XF/BGRMR which currently holds the record at 205.744 that's a Ford flathead testing last year hit 219.8. Faster than some of the overheads:)

hfh, JC Sparks, Lucky Burton and 5 others like this.
  6. For those about to rock, we salute you.

flatheadpete and jim snow like this.
  7. CAHotRodBoy

CAHotRodBoy

It was kind of weird. I think wind had blown dirt on top of the salt. When I first saw it I was worried that there was no salt left and it was all dirt. :(

8. "Wally"

"Wally"

Crazy right, but there has been only 1 car in the BGRMR class currently that has made it into the 200 club, It was Hot Rod Hoodlums in the C engine class 263.286 the rest are all open.

Microsoft Word - 2021 Bonneville 200 MPH Club Car Records (secureservercdn.net)

9. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Like I tell guys who ask about joining the 200 MPH club…..if you pick the wrong class….. it takes 450+ mph….

ffr1222k, Tman and Stan Back like this.
  10. ronnieroadster

ronnieroadster

Actually there's a few more BGRMR cars in the 200 club. Its our vintage engine powered car #8150 the flathead record set last year is 205.744 our Ardun blown gas record set in 2017 is 225.003. Both records set using using 1951 Ford flathead blocks.
    Ronnieroadster

41 GMC K-18, Charlie K, hfh and 3 others like this.
  11. Joel W

Joel W

I'm will be going with friends and their SOB Studebaker coupe, look forward to it hope the salt is good.

RMR&C likes this.
  12. We pulled the plug on our trip West this year. Still waiting to get the motor back together for Chicks roadster and I just learned my friends Dave and Mel are coming over from outside London at the same time to visit

13. Elmo Rodge

Elmo Rodge

I'll be there with Flathead powered Lakester. I went 189.593 at Finals last year unblown on gas. Record is 196 and change. We'll see. Car number 404.
    Wayno

chryslerfan55, Tman, krusty40 and 4 others like this.
  14. "Wally"

"Wally"

Sorry Ron, I can't read my own post! LOL

15. Lucky Burton

Lucky Burton

I’ll be there with my car. A few upgrades and high hopes

16. "Wally"

"Wally"

Looking forward to seeing you run and possible meet up on the salt.

Lucky Burton likes this.
  17. Only one month away now!

18. dwollam

dwollam

It's starting to look like we might not be able to go. :(

Dave

19. Well that sucks....

chryslerfan55 and dwollam like this.
  20. Lucky Burton

Lucky Burton

Awesome! Should be a fun time

21. brady1929

brady1929

Good luck, Lucky!

Lucky Burton likes this.
  22. Daddy_O

Daddy_O

Except for some dumb asses turning donuts and burning camp fires on the salt, it appears the salt is shaping up well.
    From the SCTA website:

Update #2 - 6/23/22: With Course #1 finished, the drag crew started on Course #2 first thing this morning. A quick rundown Course #1 this morning, amazingly enough, #1 got better! It truly is like a freeway! Only a couple of donut makers overnight, right in the middle of the course! I guess it's true, "you can't fix stupid"! Luckily, they weren't too good at it & gave up before any real damage. Course #2 is now groomed to the 7 Mile. It too is smooth & firm. Both #1 & #2 should be tremendous! We tried to drag Course #3, but unfortunately it is just too rough to be usable. So, at this point we are planning on using Course #1 & Course #2 only. Course #1 will start as a Long Course & Course #2 will start as a Combo Course. We're all wrapped up here & we'll be heading home tomorrow AM, ..................................The Pre-trip team

“SEE YA ON THE SALT!”

Pat McDowell – SCTA President
    Bill Lattin - BNI Chairman

dwollam, Tman, chryslerfan55 and 9 others like this.
  23. Only 2 weeks to go!

dwollam, williebill and mlagusis like this.
  24. mlagusis

mlagusis

I am excited. We are making the trek from Texas tis year as a family (wife and two boys). Have not been for a while now...maybe 2012. We tried to go in I think 2014 which rained out, then 2015 rained out but they had the back up event in Mojave desert. We went to Mojave event and my youngest son had a blast. He got to sit on/in a ton of motorcycles and race cars. He was super stoked.

dwollam, chryslerfan55 and RMR&C like this.
  25. dwollam

dwollam

Dang! Wish I was going again this year but for sure not gonna make it.
    Next year.....
    Maybe I'll have the '32 Ford Fordor running and take that.

Dave

chryslerfan55 and RMR&C like this.
  26. highwestphoto

highwestphoto

I'll be there for the beginning weekend with the Plymouth & RV at the bend, stop by for a beer!

dwollam, RMR&C and chryslerfan55 like this.
  27. Good luck gentlemen. And for those about to rock, we salute you.

dwollam, LTM75110 and RMR&C like this.
  28. If all goes as planned will be there in the coupe.

dwollam and RMR&C like this.
  29. ronnieroadster

ronnieroadster

Got in some testing in Maine a couple weeks ago the spare flathead ran 198. New rookie driver Carly taking the speed steps required ran 161 the fastest girl even driving a Ford Flathead powered car.
    Primary engine {200 plus } is now in the car looking forward to getting on the salt.
    Ronnieroadster

hfh, elgringo71, Tman and 8 others like this.
  30. Well, nothing like waiting until the last minute to plan... But, I am seriously considering making the trip. I have never been, my boys are both at the age that they have more free time to go on a trip like this now than they may have in the near future, and none of us even know that we are guaranteed another year much less tomorrow... This has been on my bucket list for several years now.