Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Rodder's Journal back in '22? Does anyone have any news?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by thinkfink, Jun 30, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maneri

maneri
    from ohio

2. Steve’s is working out some details with the printer now. Don’t give up on him. :)

maneri, jackandeuces, hrm2k and 7 others like this.
  3. I've moved since the last issue came out - how the heck do I reach them to make sure the new address is in their database? Do they have an e-mail address for their subscription department? (I don't - and won't - do Facebook, so don't suggest that.)

4. chopped

chopped

No skin in the game but after a year I'd call it a day.

5. Stovebolt

Stovebolt

I have to admit - Facebook can be useful at times @nitrobrother

Write to them at:
    Rodders Journal
    C/- 9415 Atlee Commerce Blvd.
    Ashland, VA 23005

I got this from their Facebook page

5window likes this.
  6. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

The positives will always out weigh the negatives.

7. 5window

5window

You're 3 short of a real number. How about 1-800-NOT-DEAD? PS: You screwed up a nice shirt.

8. Jacksmith

Jacksmith
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Aridzona

Maybe one of these would help...
    [​IMG]

tomcat11 and X38 like this.
  9. .......Word.:)

Outback, hrm2k, hotrodjack33 and 2 others like this.
  10. 5window

5window

What's year? A lot of us are still waiting for parts to come in longer than that. I waited six months for an oven, 9 months for a garage door. I'll give Steve the time he needs to reboot. What's the downside of hope?

Last edited: Jul 2, 2022
  11. 26hotrod

26hotrod
    from landis n c

I really enjoy the RJ copies I have purchased over the years. If they have another lifetime sub offer I will go for it. Just consider all the money we have waisted on wine, women, and song!! Well, most of us anyway..........

Outback, belair, hrm2k and 1 other person like this.
  12. I think a Swimsuit Edition would quiet down a lot of the grumbling. :cool:

LOU WELLS, C69A, 1940Willys and 8 others like this.
  13. Any chick that wants to drape herself on my car better be nekkid! And no piercings!

1929rats, belair and hotrodjack33 like this.
  14. Offset

Offset
    from Canada

Outback, wraymen and Hitchhiker like this.
  15. ^^^^I’ll look at em^^^^

Truckdoctor Andy and Dedsoto like this.
  16. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Facebook is useless in regards to TRJ.
    Nothing new there.
    That old address and information is useless.

Apparently TRJ has a new location in Denton Maryland

17. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Yeah I’ve moved as well. Not holding my breath

18. I know people got burned and but hurt over what happened with TRJ. I wish those people could have seen the work and struggle that went into every issue. The print business is dying a slow death, and Steve is still working at it over tremendous obstacles. I commend him for that. I’m a lifetime subscriber as well. And I will immediately subscribe again just to help the cause of bringing the best Hot Rod and Custom publication back to the news stands. I don’t care if I lose out on my lifetime sub. If you haven’t lost out with anything in this car world we live in then you are lying to yourself and others, you have. It the nature of the game. I’ll gladly do my share to help out. It’s a small community we live in with these hot rods. If you don’t support our brothers in it then you are not helping the cause. When all this started Steve was in a no win situation. He did the best he could with it. I seriously doubt many of the people angry with not getting their mag could have done better.

Long and short of it Stop being angry over 80 or a hundred bucks, for a magazine. Youve blown more than that at a bar or restaurant, or definitely a swap meet for a part that was totally junk. Please support TRJ, I have no skin it it. I just want our way life with hot rods to go on. And weather you like it or not TRJ was the best publication for it in history. Let’s keep it going and support those that support what we do.

19. jim snow

jim snow

X2. Snowman ⛄️

Outback, 19Eddy30, hrm2k and 2 others like this.
  20. There are many reasons why the Rodder's Journal faded from the landscape, for many years the publication was at the top of the game, TRJ was nothing like the normal magazines on the newsstand, the publication was more of a coffee table bock, the high quality,slick cover and the pages within were second to none.

I don't know if the move was the contributing factor but I think it was probably part of the problem, sourcing a printer here in the states may have hurt also, we akk know the pandemic has reeked havoc on thousands of businesses, with many of them having to close the doors forever.

I can imagine Steve has had many a sleepless night and I would think he really doesn't want TRJ to go the way of so many titles, I sincerely hope he can resurrect the magazine.

I was one of the first to subscribe to the lifetime offer and looked forward to each and ever issue, at this point I have to admit I am still hoping Steve can turn it around, if he can I can only imagine TRJ will be better that ever. HRP

21. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

AMEN BROTHER!!!!

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  22. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

It’s weird to me to see people actively rooting for TRJ to fail… even if it means they they themselves loose out. Like, it’s more important for these people to be RIGHT than something positive actually happening. People… in this day and age… confuse the shit out of me.

Guys… Steve didn’t give up… he kept working… and he’s doing everything he can to bring the magazine back and make it right with his customers. It’s at the fucking printer right now.

THIS IS A GOOD THING.

SilverJimmy, Outback, LAROKE and 73 others like this.
  23. You bet it's a good thing! :) HRP

24. ....I think it's all part of the "me" mentality, Ryan, that so many people have adopted. I see it every day in the way people drive and the way people interact with others. Courtesy and gentility are lost virtues in today's world. Frankly, I get tired of the rudeness and negativity......Don.

25. 5window

5window

Thank you, Don.

26. Jacksmith

Jacksmith
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Aridzona

Hey I've got faith in the guy... I never met him, but from what I've heard & read, he's a stand up dude that got caught in some sort of "perfect storm" that knocked his legs out from underneath him. Don't kick him when he's down, give him a hand up for cryin' out loud!
    I still had a year or so on my 'sript' when TRJ quit coming. I still want it, but I've moved out of state since then... anyone know how to re-up??

27. ...when the next issue and the following issues come out, they will be cherished , it's not often something "dies" and you get it to come back to life!

28. Sky Six

Sky Six
    from Arizona

I have read all of the threads about this. I personally have never seen TRJ and I have no knowledge of the guy running the show. That being said, it seems that there are a substantial number of guys who love the publication and stand behind the guy running the show. It seems that if it comes back, there will be a boatload of apologies due and lots of crow to eat for lunch.
    Just an observation.

hrm2k and hotrodjack33 like this.
  29. Budget36

Budget36

I’ve not seen (maybe not comprehending properly) of anyone hoping it fails, just seems (to me) many have been skeptical of it returning.

Fortunateson, Jacksmith, Tim and 2 others like this.
  30. I don’t know any that hopes it fails. But I heave read honest comments on how it shut down.
    But I guess folks can read into that however they like.

Budget36 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.