Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Florida Man Breaks Rules

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Jun 22, 2022.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Ryan submitted a new blog post:

Florida Man Breaks Rules

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

Sprout, The 39 guy, Gizzy and 27 others like this.
  2. I’d drive it

Bandit Billy, SS327 and Blues4U like this.
  3. jim snow

jim snow

Amazing. Thanks for the feature. Snowman ⛄️

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  4. 2OLD2FAST

2OLD2FAST
    from illinois

Depends on the woman as to what catches her eye , could be your eyes or the lump in your shorts or your bank account , etc , etc !

Gofannon likes this.

5. Killer. The chop is perfect, not over-chopped. Love all the mods. Glad to see a GM product done up right. That carb is funny lookin'! ;)

This is a small thing, and I hesitate to say it but... I would like to see the car with the front end up just a hair to straighten out the front wheels, and give more of that early custom speedboat stance.

6. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

a prime example of a car so well done that most looking at it would not realize the amount of work done - sure, each of us may have thought about doing modifications in a different way - but, he stepped up and did it his way

7. texasred

texasred
    from Houston

Beautiful car, the story doesn't say so I hope he drove it from Tampa to Austin

8. bangngears

bangngears
    from ofallon mo

Customs are for getting girls, hot rods are for getting rid of them.:p

9. Colour and stance help too. Body side moulding really works for me too. Thanks for helping us appreciate it. Toms photos only add to the experience.

Dallas likes this.
  10. Blues4U

Blues4U
    from So Cal

Beautiful car, and great photography!

41 GMC K-18 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  11. jetnow1

jetnow1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from CT
    1. A-D Truckers

Nicely done, would not look so good if it had the overdone spotlights or Dagmars,

12. Elegant and classy as apposed to shock and awe like some customs. Reminiscent of the very early kustoms.

Dallas, deucetruck and Just Gary like this.
  13. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

@Ryan , Welcome to the other side !!!

beautiful proportions. Pure eye candy

14. @Ryan I'm in love with that color. Any idea what year Eldorado that color was available? Perhaps 53 Eldorado Cobalt Blue?

15. Great write-up and great car, Ryan. Whenever I hear "custom" I always think, "Here we go again", another overdone, poorly thought out car with modifications that just don't work. Clearly that is absolutely not the case here. Love it.

41 GMC K-18, 40FORDPU, Dallas and 4 others like this.
  16. Thats one of those new fangled elektronic carbs, probably drives like a dream with it ;)

Silva, dana barlow and Dan Hay like this.
  17. stubbsrodandcustom

stubbsrodandcustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Spring tx

Its clean for sure except for the motor... Don't know why I hate webber carbs so much, just could imagine 3 97s on that 6 looking sexy as hell. But hey, different strokes for different folks.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  18. 2935ford

2935ford

19. johndee138

johndee138
    from Atlanta GA

Exquisite example. I love everything about it

20. Personally, I like customs but I am a hot rod guy, remember the old adage, "Customs are for getting girls, hot rods are for getting rid of them."

That is one beautiful car and Tom knew that when he approached you about doing a feature. HRP

dana barlow likes this.
  21. RedneckBuz

RedneckBuz
    from Tulsa

Buddy that wheel and interior is fantastic.

WalkerMD and Tman like this.
  22. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Good looking car!
    Any photos of it at ride height?

kevinrevin and dana barlow like this.
  23. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

LOve that one!!!:cool:
    Few cars that,I would not do something def. a little,this is real fine as is!!:D
    Custom,when done right to me,has flow = [ looks like all the parts belong together*,not just tacked on}but taking the same to a hotrod will always make it look better as well over all. Other wise you have a dragcar only.
    My car likes were made out of lots of car stuff that seemed to fit together.
    I first built my dream hotrod was the 28A roadster,plan was to be fast* and be so the pretty Gal's will want to ride! .< On my first build in the 1950's,I was not thinking I'd have two cars at one time,so one car needed to do it all.
    After finely driving my pretty much completed hotrod an 3+ years of work by 1959,the real world hit this Teen,like a ton of bricks. That my hotrod did not have a few things ,some young lady's needed. Most love to ride,but not go on a date in open hotrod.;
    Top for rain n sun ,an windows so there pretty hair didn't get blown bad. A bit bigger bench seat is even better to make out in as well.
    So by 1960,I was building a full custom "J" with a folding top n roll up windows==first date was often a short ride in my 28A,then most long dates after ,was in my "J" custom.
    I love both.
    How dose a teen build two cars,by highschool ,mostly draging home free junk parts,trading work for part, in both case's. Very little $,an tons of hard work**. The "J" cost me $75 as used old car ,the 28A was free-be junk,scrounge up junk'ed stuff.;)

hrm2k and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  24. Black Panther

Black Panther
    from SoCal

Beautiful car....the interior is amazing as well...

25. Funny, my Henry J cost me 75 or a 100 bucks when I bought it in 1984 out of a junkyard. Also a HS hot rod. I was 15 when we found it.

dana barlow likes this.
  26. Corn Fed

Corn Fed

Usually when a story starts out with "A Florida man...." it leaves you shaking your head. That certainly isn't the case here. This Florida man got it spot on!

Dallas and Tman like this.
  27. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Stolen from a Donald Glover. :)

hrm2k likes this.
  28. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Tom's photos always help but the thing with that car is all the mods and all the pieces work together as one cohesive package. That is a point that far too many customizers or rodders miss all too often. Not one thing stuck on the car because it is what "the cool guys" are running this week or what you see on every other car at leadsled. No fake spotlights mounted in spots where you know from the get go that they are fake. No gaudy pinstripes or paint detracting from the clean lines. Just one clean car that everything works together on.
    That's a point that too many current "customizers" miss now, you don't have to add extra stuff to the car after you get it to the clean, slick and smooth point. Looks back at most of the great showcars that we revere, Version one the first season it was out after being built is usually our favorite version, Not version three that had more scoops, portholes, doo dahs and sculptured body work to be able to compete for another season or garner more show points.

41 GMC K-18, Dallas, tommyd and 4 others like this.