Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Cruise Puyallup Loop Accident This Evening

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rob-redm, Jun 12, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I was just leaving the monthly cruise down in Puyallup.. I didn't take a picture of the accident on the back of the loop .. It was by VFW hall tonight.. Looked bad, car involved was a Blown or Tunnel Ram early Ford 2dr Sedan.. Looks like it had rear ended and MB SLS AMG .. I sure hope everyone involved is ok...

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Wow. Not good.

3. it wasn't good, the Tudor hit that Benz pretty hard...

4. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hope he has some seriously good insurance coverage hitting a 200K car in the back is going to cost a ton.

VANDENPLAS likes this.

5. That sounds like 2 seriously HiPo cars. I wonder if they were being Too Fast / Too Furious together.
    I hope everyone can walk away wiser.

rob-redm and chryslerfan55 like this.
  6. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

Well pics would be nice as I’m interested on comparable damage. I seriously hope there weren’t any major injuries.

7. I think it's best not to post photo's of accidents.

But I do hope the folks involved are not seriously injured. HRP

Sky Six, Tman, pirate and 6 others like this.
  8. just out of respect and privacy I didn't snap any pictures. I just hope those involved were OK.. It was a pretty hard lick.. I'm sure other here may have seen it that are on the HAMB.. Hope this won't put a stop to the cruise..

9. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

As long as it was just a case of not paying attention and the guy in the A had insurance it probably isn't much of an issue. If it was a case of "hold my___ and watch this" then it may be a real issue.

Still I discovered a long time ago on cruise nights or even on road in an old car it is far better to be in front of the fancy sports car with the mega brakes rather than behind them. Plus those super car guys are usually pretty good at defensive driving.

10. jetnow1

jetnow1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from CT
    1. A-D Truckers

I agree on the posting of photo's of accidents, but photos of the damage to the on topic vehicle can be educational,
    if nothing else to drive home the importance of seat belts.

NoelC likes this.
  11. Budget36

Budget36

In reality, even though the guy was driving a hotrod, he probably wasn’t paying proper attention to what was in front of him. (Or her).
    Generally the person in the rear of a rearender is at fault. Yes, I hope all were/are safe and came out okay.

Edit: I don’t like to see pics of accidents, thanks!

12. so from a co-worker who was at the cruise on Saturday evening..What I was told the guy in the Hot Rod started a burn out ( which the cruise discourages for safety reasons) The throttle stuck open on the car sending them into the off topic car.. he tried getting the car stopped but HP overpowered the brake system.. the co-worker sent me a picture but again out of respect and privacy I deleted it from my phone.. again hope everyone is ok

warbird1, jim snow and chryslerfan55 like this.
  13. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

In Washington state the law doesn't call them burn outs, they call them Negligent Driving for obvious reasons. I hope no one was hurt more than pride and money.

14. I'm sure there was tickets written...

15. Someone's premium just went up. :eek:

16. Johnboy34

Johnboy34
    from Seattle,Wa

Or ignition switch ?

borntoloze likes this.
  17. Hope nobody was hurt. But if somebody was doing something that stupid, and hit my MB AMG, there might have been at least one person hurt...

18. If it happened as it was told to @rob-redm ......Ya just can't eliminate stupid! Who does burnouts in an area that can expose other people or their cars to damage!??! I hope no one was injured, but I also hope the M-B owner collects big time! Some 'boys with toys' just can't seem to grow up!!

Fortunateson likes this.
  19. deathrowdave

deathrowdave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from NKy

I have been to lots of events where , “ kids “ have to do the burn out thing . I’m not into the silliness . I have seen tons of dollars wasted blowing up engines on a dyno and the burnout pit . I’m like really , why ?

If the fool destroyed my 32 doing this silliness , I suppose at my age , I’d be getting 3 squares and cot for the remainder , choice of green or gray room decor .

I’m just thankful no one was hurt , this type of action drives a hard bargain to insurance coverages and events location law enforcement .

20. NoelC

NoelC

Well I went looking for pictures and with some disappointment didn't find any. I'm not looking for blood guts or gore, but as previously mentioned, damage. Bumpers or no bumpers...well who needs those? Seat belts, not as relevant in my books but did it hold up under those collision forces or crumple like a tin can? Besides, if a guy is going to do stupid, maybe for that reason alone picture for the hall of shame would be the reward for earning the title?

Fortunateson likes this.
  21. spanners

spanners

The real damage is to the image of hot rods. Glad no one was hurt but I hope the 'rodder's mates gave them a serve for stupidity.

X-cpe likes this.
  22. There's a video on the 'net from several years ago that shows a rod blasting down a road with the back tires spinning, the front tires locked, and it appears the throttle is stuck ... he/she plows along the road then slams into a car. While watching the video, the only thing that crossed my mind was "why didn't they just turn key to off?" I guess some people just panic under pressure.

I am pretty sure there were plenty of cell phone cams rolling at Puyallup so I'd guess there'll be a video on U-tube soon enough.

23. First, put it in neutral, second shut it off, third get on the brakes real hard. What is so hard about that ?

24. I'd be going straight for the key, turning the engine off in gear while my foot is on the brakes. I'd look for neutral later.

25. Oilguy

Oilguy

Same stupid thing happened a couple of years ago at a show up the Gorge, I believe Hood River. Some dickhead doing a burnout lost it and crashed into a parked SUV.

'28phonebooth likes this.
  26. Budget36

Budget36

Things happen quick. One time I was with two friends who were a few years older than me. I was maybe 17? Anyways, about 50/60 mph my hood in my pickup pops up. My first reaction I start to hammer on the brakes.
    One of them says “easy, easy let off the gas and watch out the window”. He must of said that several times. My hearts racing, adrenaline was pumping.
    I used to see those guys every few years, I thanked them about that night, their standard reply was “thanks for listening “.
    Never had a throttle stick while driving, I know what to do, but would I do it?

That doesn’t condone doing something dumb is a public place,though.

27. denis4x4

denis4x4
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Colorado

I have a pull to start and a push to stop knob on the dash instead of a key...something to think about

nochop likes this.
  28. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

A couple of weeks ago I heard there was a street cruise up on Main street in the little town I live in. I grabbed the roadster and went to dinner and then figured I would make a pass or two. I wasn't half way down Main before I realized this was not my idea of fun. I bailed and went home.

Later I heard there were burnout contests in the middle of Main St (1 lane each direction) and crowds of onlookers. The Police responded and blocked off he street and sent people home but some dumb ass on a crotch rocket decided to run form the cops and crashed. DUI.

Talk about giving a hobby a bad rep. It's a wonder they allow street cruises at all.

Boneyard51 and VANDENPLAS like this.
  29. As a side note…when you test your throttle return operation have a pal in the car depress the foot feed while you, the owner watch what happens….then reverse positions.

Boneyard51 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.