Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Jason Pall- Bear Metal Customs

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Genes12320, Aug 24, 2021.

1. Genes12320

Genes12320

I bought and paid for parts from Jason Pall at Bear Metal Customs in Morrow Bay, California. He has now gone dark on me. I left messages at shop and did not get a return call. He has deleted his instagram account. I text and no response. He does not answer the phone and voice mail is full. Does anyone have any info?

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. Don't know if it's much help but it looks like his instagram account was hacked/stolen and he is trying to get it back. Instagram may have shut it down while they sort it out. Rochelle_bearmetalcustoms still has an account and said not to do anything with the new account and they are trying to get it back. Hope you didn't get scammed by the guy that hacked him.

3. Genes12320

Genes12320

I spoke to Jason multiple times on his phone, instagram, and shop phone. This is not a case of stolen, or hacked account. He told me that he was having some health issues, so I was very patient for a while. Now, I want my parts or my money back.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  4. Sporty45

Sporty45

If you used a credit card to pay him you can always call the card company and they will get ahold of him, and should refund you if they can't get it resolved.

5. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ this

chryslerfan55 and harpo1313 like this.
  6. I've bought a few things from him. Definitely took awhile to ship. And his communication was not great....but I always got the parts...eventuality

chryslerfan55 and 41 GMC K-18 like this.
  7. Bear Metal Kustoms

Bear Metal Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

First of all... I had someone bring this post to my attention.. I haven't been on here in years... Second... YES, I was hacked, guy stole my IG, FB, etc... I am locked out...att thinks my phone was cloned and they gained access.. I managed to revert my FB but not my ig..or phone yet... calls go straight to a voicemail that I am not able to answer.. I have tried calling but his phone goes to voicemail. I even sent him a message using a different ig account that I would call him.. but no reply to that message either.. I have been out of the shop.. my guys aren't gonna say he's out with medical issues... they just say I'm out... I will gladly refund you.. and I'll keep the parts...

Squablow, Kiwi 4d, Blues4U and 6 others like this.
  8. Genes12320

Genes12320

We have made contact today. It looks like everything is OK.

Squablow, Outback, Blues4U and 3 others like this.
  9. alanp561

alanp561
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Good, I love a happy ending:)

10. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm glad everything got resolved...:D
    "Happy Endings" usually cost me about $100;):D

hidez57, bchctybob, deadbeat and 9 others like this.
  11. Budget36

Budget36

You left out the cost of those blue pills….

12. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I eat those little bastards like candy. The best part is, I have a place to hang my washcloth in the shower.;):rolleyes:

13. Budget36

Budget36

I tried them once. Spent a weekend in jail. Dumb me listened to the radio ad” if after 4 hours call a doctor”. Thought I’d go to the ER, them RNs take their job seriously…what’s a guy to do?
    Oh well, OP got things worked out!

Blues4U, SS327 and hotrodjack33 like this.
  14. Sky Six

Sky Six
    from Arizona

Damn, a "C" note !
    That's way out of my league.:(

Blues4U and hotrodjack33 like this.
  15. mickeyc

mickeyc

I had some dealings with Jason a few years ago when I was
    on an extended job project at Diablo Canyon. He procured some parts
    for me that were out of production at the time. Jason and his wife Rochelle
    were very cordial towards me while I was in the area. They also graciously
    stored a Model A I had purchased locally until I left the area. I am glad all is
    well with them and I hope Jasons heath issues are being resolved.
    I find them upstanding business and personable folks indeed.

16. Genes12320

Genes12320

Well, So much for the happy ending. Jason Pall took my 7K for the Jenkins headed banger engine last February and has just strung me along, but now has just gone dark. I am looking into how I go about pressing charges for fraud. To top it off, I meet Cedric Meeks at TROG in October, and find out that Jason got the engine from Cedric and still owes him for it. Beware of Jason Pall and Bear Metal Kustoms. I am thinking that I will need to contact FBI since I am in Maryland and he is in California. 5K was send by mail, so maybe Mail Fraud ? Maybe I contact Postal Inspector ?

17. SS327

SS327

Contact the post office and ask how to proceed. Contact FBI and your’s and his local police departments and file a complaint ASAP!

18. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I just checked out their website...a lot of really nice work...BUT, it looks more like a corporation than a hot rod shop...and lost it's soul:(. Jason has probably gotten "too big for his britches":(.

hotrodtodd1960 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  19. Since Jason is still listed as Alliance vendor @Ryan should know.

There is a trend I have seen that folks are listed as Alliance Vendors and in Jason's words "I haven't been on here in years" I think the rolls need to be purged of these vendors that are not active or actively selling on the board. I know there are more of them. My thinking is, if they have no skin in the game they have no reason to deliver.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2022
  20. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

If I can help at all, please hollar at me.

Also,,, given this thread, I’ve removed him from the Alliance.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2022
    Squablow, Outback, deadbeat and 7 others like this.
  21. Genes12320

Genes12320

With this post and an Insstagram post yesterday, he messaged me that he is sending a refund. I will update of any movement. I paid him over a year ago.

22. Genes12320

Genes12320

Jason sent me a check for 4K of the 7 towards a refund. He said he will get the balance shortly. I good step in the right direction.

Squablow, 5window, deadbeat and 7 others like this.
  23. alanp561

alanp561
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I was premature with the " happy ending " thing earlier so now I'm just hoping for a happy ending:rolleyes::)

24. ...Well, so far it's 4/7th of the way to a happy ending.:D:eek:

alanp561, Max Gearhead and Tman like this.
  25. Bo Golson

Bo Golson

Well Jason Pall is Bankrupt and has filed in court. He had my truck for over 4 years and did nothing with $4700 deposit for work not done. Was lucky as at the end of Dec 2021 he called and told me he had to be out of his building. I went up to Morro Bay and called for a tow to get my truck. It is now March 24TH and NO refund from this thief, he also stole my AC/Delco Speedometer from my truck and promised to return it to me. He is the biggest liar around and will say anything to change the problem you have with him. when i pulled my truck out there were quite a few cars in for work, so I hope the owners were able to get them out in time!!!

26. Budget36

Budget36

That’s a pisser on the $$, but bright side is you were able to get your truck back.
    As a side note, I’d hope there are laws in place aimed at business that have to shut down and have others property in their possession, that requires good faith effort to contact the owners to retrieve their property. I mean from whomever owns or takes over the property.

Squablow and lothiandon1940 like this.
  27. dan31

dan31

I gotta ask," Was the check any good?". I hope this isn't the case in your situation but often these types will hang you out for the last $2500-3,000 because they know that's what a lawyer will cost so many will give up the chase. Hoping it works out for ya.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  28. Fat47

Fat47
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Unfortunately, this is not a unique problem. I've been building rods for a long time (turning 80 in a few months) and I've given up counting the number of rodders that have been stiffed by builders, upholsters, engine guys. You can do a lot of checking but it still comes back to a basic lack of honesty on the part of some people. You can warn people, as this thread and others on HAMB do, but that's generally after the fact. Sad!!!!

29. Too many of these types of businesses start off with good intentions but wind up becoming what amounts to Ponzi schemes with the cash from new customers not reserved for the new orders but instead, the new cash is used to fund the old, overdue orders and the cycle only gets worse. Eventually, the bubble is so big it has to pop.
    If you are a victim, naturally you tend to feel defrauded....... so you go to the law, and they say, "This is not criminal, it's civil. Get a lawyer and sue". You get the same story from the D.A. and the judge. So you sue someone who "owes" you and you win a "judgment" because it's open and shut and you get a piece of paper that says he "owes" you. Woopie, he doesn't have any money but he "owes" you....... just like before you sued.

30. mickeyc

mickeyc

That seems to be a common business method with body and paints shops. At least in this area. I have had
    several friends get caught up in this system with body and paint projects. They of course are not all like this,
    but quite a few seem to be.